Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Another question for the ladies

First let me say that this thread is not about self promotion. I’m looking for practical feedback from our female posters about a legitimate concern. I questioned whether or not a thread like this could stay open, but I think I can keep it pretty clean. Also, I didn’t really want to PM any of my friends on here with such creepy questions. I realize we have an "ask the ladies" thread open already, but this is clearly a different kind of question and posting in that thread might not actually net me some answers, plus it would be a massive derailment.

Here’s the two questions I want to ask MMO ladies: First, do you often check out a man’s groin area, and second, do you suddenly notice a man’s erection through his pants if you weren’t previously looking for it? Like, does it pop out to you if one happens to come into view?

I ask these things because I’m wondering whether or not I should switch to tight briefs instead of boxers. I'm pretty fit and the size of jeans I wear don’t leave a lot of material covering up my manhood. I’ve recently begun to feel a little exposed. With larger jean sizes you can hide your excitement pretty well but it’s fairly obvious for me right now even with a semi. Wearing a larger size pair of jeans with a belt seems kind of silly since that would look like crap, but the ones that fit properly leave others with a visual indication of my…biological functions.

Should I switch to briefs or am I worrying about nothing? Is this sort of thing even on your radar when you're around your male friends? I had the story of why I was even asking these questions prepared, but I decided it wasn’t necessary.

Edit: Another question: If you were interested in a guy, would this make you more aware of his manhood or would his junk be just as invisible as some random person's? Meaning, are you more likely to notice a male's package if you are already attracted to them?
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2013-02-01 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    snip
    put you jeans on, get a hard on then look in a mirror, if you can see it, ladies that look will see it, in fact anyone with eyes that looks will see it

Have you ever seen 'What Women Want'?

Honestly, no, the only time I'm looking at the groin area is when things are in the process of getting physical. Otherwise, I wouldn't notice if you had a boner or anything unless you're in sweats or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    put you jeans on, get a hard on then look in a mirror, if you can see it, ladies that look will see it, in fact anyone with eyes that looks will see it
    No question I can see it, I'm just wondering if it's not on their radar and I don't really need to worry about it. I suppose that makes sense...everyone has eyes. Men pick up on breasts pretty fast and I guess I was just wondering if they had the same kind of heightened "goodies" sense. Cause if that's so I need to make some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    Honestly, no, the only time I'm looking at the groin area is when things are in the process of getting physical. Otherwise, I wouldn't notice if you had a boner or anything unless you're in sweats or something.
    Fantastic, thanks for your input

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Have you ever seen 'What Women Want'?
    ]
    God, no, Obdigore. Why would I have seen that movie? :P

God, no, Obdigore. Why would I have seen that movie? :P
    Because in a relationship sometimes you choose the movie and sometimes the other person chooses the movie? Assuming you aren't in a relationship with someone just like yourself?

Also, maybe I have a hidden enjoyment for romantic comedies. In my deep dark evil heart of a murderous bastard, there is that tiny child that just wants to see everything work out well in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because in a relationship sometimes you choose the movie and sometimes the other person chooses the movie? Assuming you aren't in a relationship with someone just like yourself?

Also, maybe I have a hidden enjoyment for romantic comedies. In my deep dark evil heart of a murderous bastard, there is that tiny child that just wants to see everything work out well in the end.
    Fair enough! I wasn't knocking rom coms, just rom coms involving Helen Hunt and Mel Gibson.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even seen that movie.

These are weird questions but the answers are "No" and "No".

EDIT: Actually the second one is yes, but it's not SUPER obvious right off the bat dude unless there's something else going on. If you can see it, so can other people.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-02-01 at 06:57 AM.

No question I can see it, I'm just wondering if it's not on their radar and I don't really need to worry about it. I suppose that makes sense...everyone has eyes. Men pick up on breasts pretty fast and I guess I was just wondering if they had the same kind of heightened "goodies" sense. Cause if that's so I need to make some changes.
    well it would also depend on the situation are you talking in a club/bar or are you talking in the office(this would be weird if you were caught with a boner) or daily life.

This is like when some(but not a minority) women think that if you have a larger than average spear that you pick up way easier, but every time i hear this im just like what? how do you use the size of your spear to pick up, drop your pants in the club and wave it round or try and drop it in in conversation, it just makes no sense.
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2013-02-01 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    These are weird questions but the answers are "No" and "No".
    I sympathize. They are strange questions indeed but they needed to be asked. I wouldn't be particularly thrilled to ask my female friends this question because I think it would just make them more aware. Thanks for your input.

This is like when some(but not a minority) women think that if you have a larger than average spear that you pick up way easier, but every time i hear this im just like what? how do you use the size of your spear to pick, drop your pants in the club and wave it round or try and drop it in in conversation, it just makes no sense.
    The Big Bad Wolf music video (Caution, may be unsuitable for younger people.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not particularly. Optimal communication is met by focusing on a persons face, not on their groin.

10+ Year Old Account
    well it would also depend on the situation are you talking in a club/bar or are you talking in the office(this would be weird if you were caught with a boner) or daily life.

This is like when some(but not a minority) women think that if you have a larger than average spear that you pick up way easier, but every time i hear this im just like what? how do you use the size of your spear to pick, drop your pants in the club and wave it round or try and drop it in in conversation, it just makes no sense.
    Nah, just office/daily life. I'm not actively trying to wave it around or call attention to it. I think showing your interest in a woman is great when it's appropriate. Popping an obvious boner in every day life is just awkward for everyone.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Not particularly. Optimal communication is met by focusing on a persons face, not on their groin.
    True. I guess that's 3/3 votes for "I'm not looking".

The Big Bad Wolf music video (Caution, may be unsuitable for younger people.)
    What the fuck did I just watch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Another lady here... I don't really look either. I guess I might notice if the guy was fully erect or something. But then so would everyone, haha.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta View Post
    What the fuck did I just watch?
    ... The Big Bad Wolf music video. Just like I said. Its about dropping your pants in a club. And being obvious of your size through your pants. It seemed pretty topical to me :P

Don't see much reason for eyes to reach that far south tbh

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 07:20 AM ----------

In my deep dark evil heart of a murderous bastard, there is that tiny child that just wants to see everything work out well in the end.
    Lies, we all know you watch RomComs because your dark heart takes pleasure in mocking them!
    Last edited by semaphore; 2013-02-01 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Aren't most guys genetalia about eye height for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gracias, ladies. I don't need to worry about finding a desk to hide behind or crouching down to tie my shoe now. Might I ask a different question? What if you were interested in that man? Would that change your behavior or make you more likely to be more aware of his manhood? Perhaps I should have included the story. I may edit the OP to include that question.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    well what else do women check out, is it just the face or do you look at the body as a whole? when im checking out a women i give their entire body a once over, discretely of course, yes this includes their crotch if in tight clothes