Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Go bowling with her and while you're there give her a nice lens or something (if she already has a nice camera) then a vegetarian cook book maybe and a box of condoms.

Just give her the money, avoids the chance you'll buy her something she doesn't really even like (even though she'll probably lie and say she does).

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    See, I find that clothes are a really terrible option, as you might get the wrong size, and if you do, there can be a huge shitstorm.

I like the idea of a photography book. Something like showing how amazing photography can be is nice, maybe National Geographic? (I can't remember the exact name, but I am sure it is available lots of places around the web)

Otherwise, maybe a really nice pair of earbuds? It does sound like you have some scratch if you were thinking of getting her a vacation! You should easily be able to afford a nice pair of buds, and since they come with all different sizes of tips, there should be one that would fit her well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

ask your parents. get her a gift card to her fav resturant. get some software for editing photos. give her cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    See, I find that clothes are a really terrible option, as you might get the wrong size, and if you do, there can be a huge shitstorm.
    I've gotten a gift card for custom made jeans before, and I thought that was really cool.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    GET HER A PONY!

Uhm get her something photo related? Or cash. Cash is always nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I've gotten a gift card for custom made jeans before, and I thought that was really cool.
    In this case, yeah that would be amazing, but if it were from a store... LOOK OUT FOR THE FLYING TABLE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Your background and your sisters music / photographic taste made me think of anton corbijn, a netherland photograph for bands like u2
    I am not sure if there are any exhibitions in germany / netherlands running atm, i saw one at Kassels Documenta some years ago, and another in munich in the early 2000s. A book of corbijn work (he is the guy that makes music vids for u2, nirvana, depeche mode) would make a great gift for your sis.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Corbijn
    http://www.corbijn.co.uk/

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't buy her anything, and get a cake (Chocolate cake! everyone loves chocolate!) and make a small celebration... or... don't do tomorrow and tell your parents to ignore her birthday, and then trow a surprise party next sunday with your family and some of her closest friends + a chocolate cake.... (THERE SHOULD BE CHOCOLATE!)

What the fuck is going on here. I only read page one but she's getting trips to Paris and you want to buy her and her boyfriend a vacation yourself?

How much money do you have?

Wtf lol who gets presents like that? I can't even remember what I got for my 18th birthday. I'm pretty sure it was nothing, maybe a dinner or a game or something. The fuck?

Oh wait no I got a PS3 for my 18th birthday. Or a new computer. I forgot which.

But a trip to Italy!?!??! How rich are you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I thought about buying her a nice vacation to Italy for her and her boyfriend for a few days but that's most likely nothing my parents will agree to.
    she will be 18...in the end it would be her choice. that is an amazing idea, though you might want to talk to her boyfriend, get him to ask her places she'd like to visit, she may not want Italy.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    18th birthdays are special! You should give her a present that acknowledges that she's now an adult. Booze,Cigarettes,Sex toys(Make-a-willy) are the most common ones and often the most popular to the recipient. If you want to be a bit more mature and less creepy you could go the grandma route. Start a savings fund with a few hundred in it in her name.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What the fuck is going on here. I only read page one but she's getting trips to Paris and you want to buy her and her boyfriend a vacation yourself?

It's quite cheap to travel around Europe, at least from Sweden.
    Cheapest flight I could find, took me 1 minute, was this.

Sweden - France - Sweden
    381 SEK($61) Total price including taxes etc

Departure 2013-02-18
    10:05 Göteborg - 12:05 Paris

Going home 2013-02-22
    12:30 Paris - 14:30 Göteborg
    You make that in a couple of hours work. Of course that doesn't include hostel/hotel, food etc.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-02-01 at 04:33 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Wtf lol who gets presents like that? I can't even remember what I got for my 18th birthday. I'm pretty sure it was nothing, maybe a dinner or a game or something. The fuck?

Oh wait no I got a PS3 for my 18th birthday. Or a new computer. I forgot which.

What's the big deal? I found a nice two person trip for under 300€. You got a ps3 for your birthday? How rich are YOU? That shit costs over 400€, let alone a computer.
    I've got some money to spare. I think it's my choice on how to spend my money. And since I had a shitty 18th birthday I wanted to do my sister something nice and make it special for her. However, my dad came first and got her the trip to Paris, which is why I have to stick to something small, yet still nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    My go-to shop for buying gifts for women (which is a minefield for men!) is the https://www.lush.co.uk/ shop. I don't know if you've got something similar where you live, but you can get gift packages there that are pre-wrapped.

Oh and guys, this is my SISTER, not my girlfriend. I don't know where you live, but here we don't hand out sex toys to younger sisters. Creepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Your background and your sisters music / photographic taste made me think of anton corbijn, a netherland photograph for bands like u2
    I am not sure if there are any exhibitions in germany / netherlands running atm, i saw one at Kassels Documenta some years ago, and another in munich in the early 2000s. A book of corbijn work (he is the guy that makes music vids for u2, nirvana, depeche mode) would make a great gift for your sis.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Corbijn
    http://www.corbijn.co.uk/

Very interesting. Thank you.

Depends on how much you love and cherish your sister. Since you don't talk much why not just give her some money? Money is everyones best friend. Or you could buy her a big gift, since she's into photographing stuff she will need a nice camera, or a nice multimedia type of hardware such as a mac (even though Im a PC guy) or could get her something similar.

But ya, just send her cash.

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    Depends on how much you love and cherish your sister. Since you don't talk much why not just give her some money? Money is everyones best friend. Or you could buy her a big gift, since she's into photographing stuff she will need a nice camera, or a nice multimedia type of hardware such as a mac (even though Im a PC guy) or could get her something similar.

But ya, just send her cash.
    Because I think it's a pity that we got so distant from each other. The difference in years was always a little bit high (I am a bit more than 6 years older) and since I moved out we barely have any contact. Giving out some cash wouldn't be so nice in my opinion. I'd like to show that I still care about her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the camera idea, she can use it to take pictures at shows as well as daily stuff.

Deleted
    Buy her a tablet? A Google Nexus 7?