Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

MoP big feature speculation: they're going to remove 25-man raiding

I just got thinking because blizzard said they were going to do a big new feature in MoP, like they did in transmog and dungeon finder.

I think the big new feature is that they will remove 25-man raiding, and make it so that there are 5-man raids or even 1-man raids.

this makes sense because 25-man isn't popular anymore.
    This will be even easier to balance and a lot more fun because it will be a tighter group.

Personally I would like to see this change because 25-man raiding is too hard to organize and doesn't look good on my graphics card.

who else think 5-man (or even 1-man) raiding instead of 25-man would be good?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not removing 25 man raiding. They've made it clear they're not. Why in the world would they do that but add in thunderforged gear in 5.2 for 25man raiding?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They're not removing 25 man raiding. They've made it clear they're not. Why in the world would they do that but add in thunderforged gear in 5.2 for 25man raiding?
    in 5.3 they might remove it, or the thunderforge thing could be trick so they can make the announcement even a bigger suprise about removing 25-man from the game

Let me guess, your friend who works at Blizzard told you.

That seems very unlikely, considering the way they have been defending the format lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    in 5.3 they might remove it, or the thunderforge thing could be trick so they can make the announcement even a bigger suprise about removing 25-man from the game
    You're seriously grasping at straws here

Deleted
    That's removing a feature, not adding one.

or even 1-man raids.
    Seriously?

Also, removing an option is not exactly 'adding' a feature.

I highly doubt that they would remove it, there's just no point. There is far too much risk in alienating more of their subscriber base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneth View Post
    I highly doubt that they would remove it, there's just no point. There is far too much risk in alienating more of their subscriber base.
    they alienated a load when they got rid of 40-man raiding, so it wouldn't be a big suprise?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should reintroduce 40-man raiding, that was one of the most epic features in any game ever. Sad they removed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    Also, removing an option is not exactly 'adding' a feature.
    but they would add 1-man raiding or 5-man raiding, which would be the new exiting feature

Deleted
    Nice going there....it was on AffinitiiBL's podcast yesterday. So 1st you wern't just thinking.....2nd, it was just a random idea..... 3rd what's the point? All top end guilds would have to bench 10 players....

Heres to hoping for 10/25m pet battles! /wrists

But it IS game changing to them...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willempie View Post
    Nice going there....it was on AffinitiiBL's podcast yesterday. So 1st you wern't just thinking.....2nd, it was just a random idea..... 3rd what's the point? All top end guilds would have to bench 10 players....
    they already benched 15 players vanilla->TBC

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would not be surprised, should thunderforged fail, that they make this move in 6.0.

Make 10-man raiding the new 25-man, bump 5-man up to being raid group size, and turn scenarios into the leveling content.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna happen unless supporting 25 mans becomes pointless. Which it isn't at the moment, and despite the cries and hyperboles read on forums, aren't as dead as you might think. Not as popular as before, but not close to being worthy of removal... yet.

Besides, even if they did decide to remove 25 mans, it wouldn't be as a MoP "feature". It'd be for the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

"Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."
    - Clark W Griswold

So, they add a feature in 5.2 to reward 25 man teams, then in a following patch they eliminate it all together....just to trick us into thinking they're going to keep 25 mans around, so they can pull the rug out from under us? Just wow.