Poll: Legendary Weapon

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I wouldn't call it a 1 man raid, otherwise you'll get straight no's from a lot of people. What I would suggest is "Solo Challenge Modes" of older raids as a way to get some of the removed items back into the game, for example they could do a Naxxramas Challenge with the Meta drakes as rewards or ICC Challenge with a chance to get Invincible (technically this already exists with solo'ing anyway). The difficulty will be hard and like Challenge Modes you have Bronze, Silver and Gold. With Gold earning you the mount for that raid. The raid will scale to your class, and your gear gets scaled to an average ilvl.

This would be a huge time sink for a lot of players, and would promote players to be able to stand on their own feet rather than be carried through everything. Solo'ing is a brilliant tool for learning.

Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

The diference between challenge mode and my idea is too big. Challenge mode is simple increasing hp, more damage, more armor, more mobs. Thats not what Im talking about. My idea is all about adding stuff not found in wow. The challenge mode we curently have is a joke, the more gear you have the easier it is and thats basicaly there old recycle remodle tank and spank that they have been doing for all the expansion. I dont like the remodle and recylcle tank and spank they have been doing, no one does. Wow needs something new, something not found in it. Wow needs to move on to the old ways and add something that never existed in the game.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 02:10 PM ----------

Not realy forced since its not part of the lore and it updates every expansion. Its more of a secret bonus raid thats too hard to do but the rewards is worth it. It is more of mastering ones class cause every floor in the raid forces you to use everything in your spell book and clearing it is far difficult with all the mechanics. There is NO grinding like cata dungeon spam or mop daily spam. Its all about skills. You can clear it in an hour or spend months depending on how good you are in your class and smart enough to know what to do in every mechanics. I'll repeat there is NO grinding in this idea. It can be done in 1 hour or less but if your not good enough then you might spend months trying to clear it. The reward is worth it, upgrade what ever legendary you have in your bag into the current expansion.

Even if this was implemented eventually enough casuals/bads would complain about it and then Blizz would give in since the casuals are a bulk of the subscriber base and it would get nerfed to the ground. Just look at how easy legendaries have been able to obtain lately... This would go against Blizz's motto of everyone should be able to get a legendary during the current tier.

Not to mention the amount of time and resources it would take to implement something like this would be astronomical, especially balancing it equally between each class and/or spec.

Still waiting for no to both option... Talk about bias polling.

I voted for the legendary, but I'd also vote no for the 1 man raid. Brawl'gar is the closest thing, and while it is sweet, the OP's idea is bad lol. Nowadays it really seems like all the casuals are coming out of the woodwork trying to make suggestions for handing out gear.... "I know we got valor points already, but LFR have some sort of system that increases you chances of getting gear when you do it on top of that"

Deleted
    your poll misses the option to say "i absolutely don't like the idea as a whole" ^^

This is not suggesting about easy gear. Im not interested in the gear anyway. Its about adding something that doesnt exist in wow. A mechanic based raid. No Hp, You can do it without even wearing any gear at all. Its all about skills. Doesnt matter if your not wearing anything or your full Heroic Raid gear. You can clear every floor in this 1m raid as long as you have mastered your own class and you have a brain. All damage taken are not fixed number but all are percentage. The reward item is just a bonus. A token that lets you update 1 of any old legendary you have in your bag. More like a consolation for your hard work.

It can be done less than an hour or months depending on how good you are in your class and how good you are in using your head.

This idea is not time consuming. Its all about mastery of ones class and your ability to use your head. It can be done in less than an hour or it can take months if you suck at your class. Thats one reason its a raid with many floors. So people can have time to think or do it in another day. Its not instant gear since you require to have at least one legendary in your bag. Meaning you will need to work hard to aquire them like what it has always been. This raid does NOT give you legendary. It only gives you a token that upgrades one legendary you already have from your hard work in past expansions. Plus it will only take 1-2 slot in your inventory and thats weapon since all legendary we have are weapons (and gem) So there is no reason for it to be breaking anything like what you had mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    The diference between challenge mode and my idea is too big. Challenge mode is simple increasing hp, more damage, more armor, more mobs. Thats not what Im talking about. My idea is all about adding stuff not found in wow. The challenge mode we curently have is a joke, the more gear you have the easier it is and thats basicaly there old recycle remodle tank and spank that they have been doing for all the expansion. I dont like the remodle and recylcle tank and spank they have been doing, no one does.
    This statement made me cringe. You obviously are ignorant to what Challenge Modes are, so why even try to talk about it? Firstly, your gear is scaled down in challenge modes, so it is impossible to out gear them. Second, Challenge Modes are completely different from their Heroic counter-parts because just like the different between LFR and Normal, the mechanics become relevant and therefore more difficult. Also the jump between bronze and gold, imo, is as big as the different of a Normal Mode boss and your average Heroic boss. You have to use spell which you do not often use in PVE to come up with unique strats to get a better time.

You saying that these are tank and spank shows that you do not know enough of what is in this game to give a reason as to why blizzard should make this a real thing. However, I do agree that blizzard really does need to make some challenging solo content. Casual players can log on when ever and have fun in the game because LFR, Scenarios, Dailies, 5 man heroics, Pet Battles, etc can be done when ever because you can do some of these things alone or with random people and succeed. Unfortunately for more hardcore players, there is no content that we can just hop on and do. The only thing that hardcore players really have are Heroic raids, Challenge modes, and PVP which all requires an organized group of people and getting all the people you need online at the same time is very difficult and frustrating. If we had some solo challenges, there would be a reason to log on everyday and play more.

I do not agree, however, that these things should provide power upgrade, or at least not BiS gear. Serious Raid Leaders would pretty much force their entire team to do this to help with raids. People are already complaining about having to do dailies to get gear. So people who are not interested in such content, should not be forced to do it because it would give them an advantage in raids. Titles, mounts, and xmog I am fine with, but nothing that would otherwise force people who are uninterested in doing this stuff to do it.

Why not, Its all about mastering ones class. Spending about an hour or less (or months if you suck) to get a BIS weapon every expansion is worth it. Reminds you of using everything in your spell book and reminds you of using your brain since its all mechanics. If you have this you will be invited in all hardcore guild not because you got a legendary but because they know you wont die on fire but instead you will save people from fire and save the whole group cause your that good.

Deleted
    If it's 100% mechanics based as you seem to want, rather than having to react by moving away from fire or simply hitting your buttons properly/hard enough to do enough dps, as soon as the guides come out on youtube everyone will clear it and get free bis weapon. Horrible idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    this is a terrible idea for many different reasons. for one why the fuck would soloing something full of mobs you can 1 shot give you best in slot gear???
    sounds like Diablo 3!

Why not, Its all about mastering ones class. Spending about an hour or less (or months if you suck) to get a BIS weapon every expansion is worth it. Reminds you of using everything in your spell book and reminds you of using your brain since its all mechanics. If you have this you will be invited in all hardcore guild not because you got a legendary but because they know you wont die on fire but instead you will save people from fire and save the whole group cause your that good.
    First of all, as you said, it may take some people months to do. So you are contradicting yourself. This is suppose to be challenging, so it would not take just an hour for someone to do. And if it was easy enough for the majority of raiders to complete within an hour, they shouldn't be rewarded with the best weapon in the game.

Im aware in th blue post that says the gear is scaled to a fix rate. My point it is still the same old tank and spank nuke the thing down as fast as you can. Its becuase HP bar still exist. My idea takes away the hp bar and its all about how fast you are to react in every situation. Boss has no HP so as all the mobs it spawns. You need to fallow every mechanics which is a combination of rock papper scissors and time base type of game. Like I said its full mechanic base type of raid. Dps wil tank and heal, heal with tank and dps, tank will heal and dps.

But...this are just the bosses. Half of the floor are mostly parody from other games like what we have been discussing. Crash Bandicot, Ninja Gaiden, tekken, FF, Mario Cart. The only difference its played in wow all in one raid.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 03:28 PM ----------

Im not contradicting my self. I said its skill base. If your good then you can clear it in an hour, if you suck then it will take months. If there is any force in here thats forcing player to know there class and master every spell in there spell book.

Im aware in th blue post that says the gear is scaled to a fix rate. My point it is still the same old tank and spank nuke the thing down as fast as you can. Its becuase HP bar still exist. My idea takes away the hp bar and its all about how fast you are to react in every situation. Boss has no HP so as all the mobs it spawns. You need to fallow every mechanics which is a combination of rock papper scissors and time base type of game. Like I said its full mechanic base type of raid. Dps wil tank and heal, heal with tank and dps, tank will heal and dps.

But...this are just the bosses. Half of the floor are mostly parody from other games like what we have been discussing. Crash Bandicot, Ninja Gaiden, tekken, FF, Mario Cart. The only difference its played in wow all in one raid.
    You are implying that currently, so bosses have mechanics. Why not have bosses with an actual health pool and also interesting mechanics (which already exist btw). Taking away that HP would not be epic. Not when you can one shot your enemies. Also, what is your obsession with taking ideas from different games? This is WoW, let it be an individual among other games, not a random mix of stolen ideas from other games.

You can't do a one-man dungeon dealio with significant rewards. Classes are too wildly different in how they fare in solo situations. The Brawler's Guild only gets away with what it does because A) you can outgear it, which is going to for everyone once they get 5.2 LFR gear, and B) none of the rewards are significant in any way. Tethering this kind of thing to legendaries? No, hell no. I stopped reading as soon as I saw the words "legendary" and "upgrade" together.

The only way to really get away with challenging single-player content with actual rewards is to force players to play a preset class with preset abilities and stats when they do it. Basically, give them a vehicle ability bar. This game has never had good balance - it's actually never been in a state of balance, some times have just been less balanced than others - and that forces rewarding content to come at the expense of individuality in the way that you complete that content. Either that, or it forces it to become a freebie at the expense of nothing but time, like dailies.

Also, your poll should include a "I don't like either idea" option.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-02-02 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Im not contradicting my self. I said its skill base. If your good then you can clear it in an hour, if you suck then it will take months. If there is any force in here thats forcing player to know there class and master every spell in there spell book.
    There's no point in stealing other ideas from outside Warcraft's universe, that just sounds like something you want to do if you want to kill off WoW (Blizz would have no reason to do that).

This game is more focused and designed on team work when it comes to harder content, not solo by any-means unless it's outdated content. Don't believe Blizz is even capable of creating solo content that has such a difficulty curve unless they revamped the combat system or the game engine in general. The closest thing we have is brawler's/quests your level.
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

But that is a contradiction, because you are saying this is suppose to be difficult and once you are finished you are awarded for completing that challenging task. If something is to be difficult and targeted at serious raiders, the majority of hardcore raiders (meaning not including people from top guilds such as Paragon, Blood Legion, Method) will be challenged by this, and therefore not complete it within an hour. If this is to be more difficult than what you call faceroll challenge modes, it would take most people weeks, or maybe a few days to get it done. So if they have no interest in doing it, but are forced to because it gives them BiS weapon, then they will be forced to spends all their time on wow doing something they don't want to do, or they won't be able to raid seriously with their guild. But if it is easy enough for most hardcore raiders to do in an hour, then it is not truly challenging and is not deserving of rewarding a legendary weapon (or updated legendary)
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2013-02-02 at 08:41 PM.

No. Won't happen.

You need to be open minded in order to create something. Share idea, Mix and Matching. Taekwondo has kicks while other martial arts also has kicks. So who stole the idea? None, you create something by brainstorming all the great idea to create something new. We dont want people to concentrate on nuking the boss and people will be tempted to do so cause they see an HP bar. While in my idea is similar to scoring point to win. Imagine a martial arts fight with no knock down and what you need to do is to score as many points as you can to win the match. Meaning you will be force to think and use what ever you have. Not everything is one shot if the mechanics says so. Theres more than 30+ mechanics in one floor and it is differrent per class. Count how many spells you have in your spell book, you will have 2-3 mechanic to use each spell and thats just one floor.