Methodical Gaming(Windrunner-US Alliance) is a home for adults who want to enjoy high-level 10 man progression raiding in a respectful, mature atmosphere without sacrificing their real life. If you'd like to learn more about us, please take a look at the information below, and visit us on our website. If you like what you see, please register on the site and submit an application!
Methodical Gaming has existed as a strong gaming community for over one year. We have had several real-life guild meetups, one in Portland and one in Seattle; we like to game with people that we consider friends and would hang out with in our everyday lives. Our leadership and members are veteran WoW raiders with high-end experience who are excited to return to the game for Mists of Pandaria. We have been successful raiders in Classic WoW through Cataclysm and in other games. Methodical Gaming takes pride in being a mature guild that is a positive presence on our server.
Current Recruitment Needs:
- Tanks (Feral Druid, Death Knight, Protection Paladin or Protection Warrior)
- Ranged DPS (Warlock, Hunter)
What's an exceptional applicant? A mature person who can write intelligent, well-formed sentences. Someone who has demonstrable experience in a progression raiding environment, and has the competitive mindset required to thrive in a limited schedule progression guild. The kind of person that will learn their class inside and out, not so they can brag about big numbers, but so they can help the team succeed on the most difficult content in the game.
Guild Culture: The guild roster is comprised of professionals, parents, and those seeking a mature, adult atmosphere with a history of high level success in MMO end-game content. We are a high end, progression raiding guild for time constrained adults who are willing and able to perform at a hardcore level in a limited amount of raid time. This type of player is, unfortunately, a minority in the MMO community. In that light, recruitment is quite discerning, focusing on quality of recruits rather than quantity.
We enjoy an environment that's mature, light-hearted, mutually respectful, and open to a variety of ideas and discussions. We definitely keep childish bigotry and insults out of guild chat and the forums. Don't embarrass yourself, and by extension all of us, on official forums or server-wide chat channels, and don't do anything sleazy, rotten, or illegal as it relates to the game. If you generally act like an intelligent, well-adjusted adult, you'll fit in just fine with Methodical Gaming.
Scheduled Raids: Raids are scheduled for 8-11pm PST Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Our general focus for scheduled group events is late evenings (PST) during weeknights, in keeping with our target membership's real life obligations.
Raid Environment and Expectations:
* Enjoyable, but efficient environment. We are all adults and we are all here to have fun. In that light, we aim for an enjoyable raid environment. In between pulls or during farm content people are encouraged to liven up and socialize. Given our time constraints, during progression pulls a strict policy of "raid leader only" on voice chat except for relevant, necessary contribution will be adhered to.
* Reliability. This doesn't mean you can't miss guild events, it just means you must let us know if we were expecting you. Communication is extremely important for a group that raids efficiently on a limited schedule.
* Preparedness. As we have a light schedule, it's vital that people are ready to go promptly when a guild event starts. This includes spending time researching and preparing for encounters well ahead of the beginning of the
* Competence. Know how to maximize your contribution and minimize error. Just because we all have significant real lives doesn't mean we won't be at the top of this game.
* Respectful and mature towards others in the guild. This is pretty self explanatory and extremely important. We're a team, let's work together and enjoy ourselves.
For potential recruits, attitude > skill > experience > gear. We want people who share our outlook and are skilled players first and foremost. While we may make certain needed classes and specs a priority for recruitment, we will not close recruiting to any class. Good players who can fit into our play style will always be considered. We welcome players who are looking to re-roll from other servers or factions!
If you are interested in finding out more about us please visit our webpage at methodicalwow.com or contact Keika (Keika#1469), Carsyn, or Wugan in game!
Organized, funny, adult, professional, obsessive nerds. These guys poop spreadsheets. They have a level of organization that is required to run a office or in some instances larger organizations, and they bring it to the game. I have followed them from game to game because they run the guild better than any guild I have ever been in, and I have played MMO's since '91. If your lucky enough to get in, and survive the process of making raider, you'll probably have a new home for a very long time. It's not easy to get in, but it is rewarding. Give it a shot, but make sure you know your stuff or it will be a waste of time.
Looking for a Tank (Feral Druid, Death Knight, or Prot Warrior) and either a Hunter or Warlock. Looking for experienced raiders ready to hop into heroic progression to help us finish the tier before 5.2!