Poll: specific role queue system?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

specific role queue

do you guys and gals think it would be a bad idea to have a queue system that allowed you to play your desired role? i realize that peoples unwillingness to switch roles in the champ select is probably only present in the lower elo levels but do you think a system like this would be bad?

when a queue pops i generally am the type to let other people call out their desired role and if say within 10 secs or so of no one calling my role ill generally claim it. however every now and then i get games where people are going at each others' throats basically from the get go. id say almost everytime fighting happens in the champ select its a loss.

so anyways, what do yall think, would you like to have a system so that when you queue your preference is taken into account? for instance if i want to jungle i queue as a jungler and am matched up with a group of people who are looking to do the other roles.

That would go against everything this game is.

The meta is created by the players, not the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    That would go against everything this game is.

The meta is created by the players, not the developers.
    Pretty much this. And it is changed and switched around quite a lot in certain games, depending on situation.

Deleted
    Plus, it would increase queue times a lot, nobody ever wants to play support :P

And how would you account for counterpicking and pick order in draft?

Im not even sure what I voted for. Can someone explain the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Im not even sure what I voted for. Can someone explain the poll.
    OP wants there to be queueing system, one very much like the LFD/LFR tool in WoW.

You choose your role (Solo Top, Jungle, Mid, ADC, Support) and queue up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that is will there be a restriction with champions you can pick with a role selection? On one hand, if someone really wanted to play LeBlanc support (and this actually works, the Korean teams use her in that role) but the game doesn't label LB as a support, you're out of luck. On the other hand, if there were no restriction to champ picks per role, you'd see people trolling with it such as picking Teemo jungle and Heimerdinger support (assuming they're not named Siv HD).
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    With a game like WoW were you have a clearly defined meta (dungeons have a tank a healer and 3 dps) it works quite well, but in mobas there are all sorts of things that can be played.

It would also increase Q times significantly. More importantly though, it would lock the meta onto one specific thing, rather than letting it evolve and do what it does. So no, I don't think it's a good idea. Interesting question though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    OP wants there to be queueing system, one very much like the LFD/LFR tool in WoW.

You choose your role (Solo Top, Jungle, Mid, ADC, Support) and queue up.
    Cool, I think I voted what I meant then!

Deleted
    Yes but as optional tool only.