Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm perfectly fine with killing every single other faction leader in the game and having them respawn. The reason why this one is different is because he's going to be a final boss in a raid. Did we kill Deathwing before Dragon Soul and say it was non canon? Did we kill The Lich King before ICC and say it was non canon? Did we will Illidan before Black Temple and say it was non canon? Did we kill ANY OTHER RAID OR INSTANCE BOSS before their raid or instance, have them respawn, and say it was non-canon?

THAT is why being able to kill Garrosh now, and ONLY GARROSH, is weird BECAUSE he's going to be a RAID BOSS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with killing every single other faction leader in the game and having them respawn. The reason why this one is different is because he's going to be a final boss in a raid. Did we kill Deathwing before Dragon Soul and say it was non canon? Did we kill The Lich King before ICC and say it was non canon? Did we will Illidan before Black Temple and say it was non canon? Did we kill ANY OTHER RAID OR INSTANCE BOSS before their raid or instance, have them respawn, and say it was non-canon?

THAT is why being able to kill Garrosh now, and ONLY GARROSH, is weird BECAUSE he's going to be RAID BOSS.
    It's not weird at all. You just cannot go past the gameplay mechanic. You're being very unreasonable here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    You know those spirit healers? Named Npcs can use them, they can also corpse run back.
    ...This explains so much. There's no respawn timer for mobs! They're just corpse running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lorewise, Garrosh is hellbent. It will end up with grouped Alliance and Horde attacking Orgrimmar and killing him. It's like Onyxia. She was am ajor character, and she could be killed by us. In lore, however, she was killed by Varian and officially dead (until dark resurrected into a skeletal self by her brother) This is no different. Logic needs to take the wheel sometimes.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

This thread makes no sense. I'm not sure of what the OP's point even is, he asks a question he knows the answer to and even states in his opening post...

I'm just ignorant and this all makes sense somehow.

People still argue about game mechanics vs lore ?

Yes however it's still immersion breaking IMO. It shouldn't exist if it's just for gameplay when it breaks the lore.
    If that were true than the entire game wouldn't be able to exist. Everyone's able to do the same quests to fix the same problems, everyone's able to kill the same unique NPC, everyone's able to get that one unique legendary item, etc.

Welcome to MMO's.

If you kill him in the raid dungeon, he comes back the following week too. And 10 other guilds and countless LFR groups will kill him the same week.

It's also possible to be a 7 foot tall blue goat-demon monster from outer space that heals wounds dealt to a bear by a monster 10x his size wielding a weapon 3x their weight simply by shining light that you generate out of nowhere on them, all while carrying 5 invisible backpacks filled with 26 stacks of 20 feasts each, and a bottomless invisible stable with hundreds of pets and mounts that you can call on at any time, except where arbitrarily designated that you can not, and dodging fire raining from the sky, earthquakes under your feet, and chaotic reckless spinning with swords, just because you're on the same team as the person who's casting it.

There's a line between the actual story of the game (and simple logic) and the gameplay mechanics that are necessary to make things work. We cross it all the time. This is no different.
    Last edited by Shamanberry; 2013-02-02 at 04:17 AM.

Allow me to solve your immersion problem.

When we kill an Alliance or Horde leader with a 40 man raid everyone in that 40+ raid leave Ogrimmar/Stormwind in the shame of having their city ransacked and their leader beaten up. LATER the city priest cast ressurection on that leader and all the slain guards and the town goes back to normal.

Why Garrosh must die in Lore:

1: He ordered and executed a hit on one of his own faction leaders without consenting anyone else.
    2: He enslaved/subjgated the Darkspear and made them prisoners in their own homes for no reason.
    3: He shattered a pact of nuetrality that the Sunreavers had with the Kirin Tor just so he could try out his hand at being like the Mogu (trying to play God/Titan.)
    4: Experimented on his own soliders turning his finest warriors into Sha infested monsters.
    5: _______ <---- Add what ever insults/threats/bullying he gave your faction leaders as horde (lvls 1-20)

Shall I go on?

All right people are just taking what I said and throwing out crazy exaggerations.

I don't see why it's so hard for you guys to understand what I mean, but I'll quote retype a previous post and add a little more.

I'm perfectly fine with killing every single other faction leader in the game and having them respawn. I'm also perfectly fine when it's possible "to be a 7 foot tall blue goat-demon monster from outer space that heals wounds dealt to a bear by a monster 10x his size wielding a weapon 3x their weight simply by shining light that you generate out of nowhere on them, all while carrying 5 invisible backpacks filled with 26 stacks of 20 feasts each, and a bottomless invisible stable with hundreds of pets and mounts that you can call on at any time, except where arbitrarily designated that you can not."

The reason why this one is different is because he's going to be a final boss in a raid. Did we kill Deathwing before Dragon Soul and say it was non canon? Did we kill The Lich King before ICC and say it was non canon? Did we will Illidan before Black Temple and say it was non canon? Did we kill ANY OTHER RAID OR INSTANCE BOSS before their raid or instance, have them respawn, and say it was non-canon?

THAT is why being able to kill Garrosh now, and ONLY GARROSH, is weird BECAUSE he's going to be a RAID BOSS.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason why this one is different is because he's going to be a final boss in a raid. Did we kill Deathwing before Dragon Soul and say it was non canon? Did we kill The Lich King before ICC and say it was non canon? Did we will Illidan before Black Temple and say it was non canon? Did we kill ANY OTHER RAID OR INSTANCE BOSS before their raid or instance, have them respawn, and say it was non-canon?

The only person that is confused is you. They died died and you don't question it when you interact with them in older content. That's just how it is. It's not weird at all. You just are very much confused and being very unreasonable here. We get it, YOU however do not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    In this case, Garrosh has been killed many times but he's not actually killed in lore.
    You have answered your own dumb question.

There are a ton of things you can do in this game that are non-canon.

By that same logic, if another player completes a quest before you do, that quest should no longer be accessible. If someone has completed a dungeon or raid, nobody else should be able to clear them because the bosses have already been cleared.

I mean, seriously man. Think before you post.

Hey all!
    First time poster here!

OT. Who has said that Garrosh actually dies this expansion? 0.o

People fully understand what you mean, its just doesn't make sense. Faction leaders do not die in city raids; its an entirely non canon action that the devs allow for fun. Garrosh is never "killed" as far as the world is concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    When he gets killed, he's able to be spirit rezzed. When we killed him as a final boss, he will be so corrupted the spirit healer won't touch him. Or, we will perform some magic to tear away at his very soul, rendering him unable to return to his body.

If we can spirit rez, why can't our leaders?
    They talked about this years ago, its something about its a game & we given the ability to rez players, but in Lore we can't, but NPCs have to be so strong to rez people like King Terenas / Malfurion / Thrall etc, As it take alot of power & faith in your abilities to pull it off.

Its confusing, but its only a game aspect & not a Story / Lore aspect.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-02 at 04:55 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

We used to be able to kill Fandral Staghelm in Darnassus, but he's a raid boss now.

We used to be able to kill Garrosh when he was in Borean Tundra, expansions ago.

It's for gameplay purposes.

Killing Garrosh in Wow at the current time is only intended for achievement purposes. When the end of MoP hits and we are appointed a new Warchief, that new candidate will take the place on "Killing the Boss in Orgrimmar" achievement.

Unless it specifically is stated in lore, killing someone in game doesn't mean they're dead. If that was the case, none of us could play our characters as "ressurection spells" in lore don't exist. Otherwise, we'd never run out of characters and expendable heroes.

I'm not talking from a lore standpoint. Alliance players can already team up and go kill Garrosh. So doesn't that mean he's dead already? Lots of broken mechanics here, players shouldn't be able to attack him or any other major figure that isn't supposed to die in lore yet.

Or maybe I'm missing a key piece of information that one of you will enlighten me with. I'm hoping I'm just ignorant and this all makes sense somehow.
    Do you really think the events that happen in a dungeon happen realtime everytime you do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the thing is it's going to be a big deal to kill him at the end of the expansion but he's already been killed multiple times by the Alliance. Just doesn't make sense.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 09:53 PM ----------

Yes however it's still immersion breaking IMO. It shouldn't exist if it's just for gameplay when it breaks the lore.
    World of Warcraft has always been bad at Immersion. My suggestion is if your looking for Immersion find a better story driven game.

How many times have you killed the same raid boss? Come on man, how is this even a thing?

What I want to know is why in the hundreds of times I've cleared Naxx the bosses never locked the doors before we pulled. We just killed all of your buddies, one by one, and you're gonna let us in and take us on alone?