I got to 15ish minutes. Decided I wanted to play a game, so I had to stop it

I started at the 7th grade of primary school, around... eh.. 9/10 years old.

Speaking of japanese, I want to start studying it again as well. I wonder if I still have my Kanji book.

*Edit* Did manage to find my book. 250 Kanji.
    Last edited by PantsDePeon; 2013-03-28 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post

@Kagdar I thought both English and French were like, the official languages of Canada.

Technically yes, but in Quebec province we pretty much only speak French so we start to learn English in 3rd grade (so 7-8 years old here) and it's a mandatory class for all grade/high school and college (if u attend it)
    A lot of people don't really learn english at all, just the minimum to pass the tests (which are rediculously easy) and will eventually don't remember a thing in english.

PS our school system is as follow : 5 yrs old you enter what is called maternelle, or pre-school for 1 year (they teach you the alphabet and sorts like that)
    then it's 6 years of grade school, 5 years of high school (so you finish at 17 yrs old going on 18) from them you can go to college if u want(called cegep to get a DEC) or go to a prefessionnal school (to get a DEP so we call them DEP, but those who quit high school early i.e at 16 you can ditch school can go to a DEP too).
    Cegep you got 2 choices, you either take a technique (3 years) to learn a real job or you take a pre-u DEC which is 2 years
    University is 2-3 years which will give u a BAC which can be followed with a maîtrise (usually 1 year) and maybe a doctorat later on which grant you the right to put Dr in front on your name and look at people from above.

Wanted to learn Japanese for a few years, later changed to Korean because it sounds nicer and seems a lot easier to learn. There are close to none courses around here that actually teach those languages, so I would have to do it all by myself...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Technically yes, but in Quebec province we pretty much only speak French so we start to learn English in 3rd grade (so 7-8 years old here) and it's a mandatory class for all grade/high school and college (if u attend it)
    A lot of people don't really learn english at all, just the minimum to pass the tests (which are rediculously easy) and will eventually don't remember a thing in english.

PS our school system is as follow : 5 yrs old you enter what is called maternelle, or pre-school for 1 year (they teach you the alphabet and sorts like that)
    then it's 6 years of grade school, 5 years of high school (so you finish at 17 yrs old going on 18) from them you can go to college if u want(called cegep to get a DEC) or go to a prefessionnal school (to get a DEP so we call them DEP, but those who quit high school early i.e at 16 you can ditch school can go to a DEP too).
    Cegep you got 2 choices, you either take a technique (3 years) to learn a real job or you take a pre-u DEC which is 2 years
    University is 2-3 years which will give u a BAC which can be followed with a maîtrise (usually 1 year) and maybe a doctorat later on which grant you the right to put Dr in front on your name and look at people from above.
    Interesting! Sounds a bit different from here, but all in all we seem to be in school for around the same amount of years. Not sure if you can apply to university if you skipped high school (or "gymnasiet") here though, as you use those grades to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    [IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/59da77c4943350a260ffb032391484e5/tumblr_mkbmhjjYn71rcf56so1_500.gif[IMG]

Wanted to learn Japanese for a few years, later changed to Korean because it sounds nicer and seems a lot easier to learn. There are close to none courses around here that actually teach those languages, so I would have to do it all by myself...
    I was thinking about studying korean instead too when I got really into kpop, but I really want to visit Japan and korean doesn't really help me a lot there ^^ You could always start out with games/quiz stuff online to try and learn the korean alphabet. That's what I did for hiragana/katakana and it was way more helpful than the books my teachers told me to buy, as a matter of fact I didn't even get all of them until the hiragana course was over. Well spent money ;_;
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, once I finish learning Japanese at Uni I might switch to Korean too, assuming I can speak Japanese conversationally by then I want to finish what I started at least.

Korean is 10x easier than Japanese, probably one of the easiest languages to learn to be honest. Out of the none roman based languages (for people who speak a roman based language already), but still easier than a lot of them.

The alphabet in Japanese is a major part of learning Japanese, but in Korean you just learn it in like an hour, you'll have all the letter changey rules memorized within a week and from there it's just learning the words and getting used to word order.

Unfortunately my uni doesn't do Korean :<
    Last edited by Anakso; 2013-03-28 at 11:12 AM.

Ye, I already know the Korean alphabet. Took me one evening.
    Oh well, at least it isn't Mandarin

I also have some Korean games installed on my phone, doesn't really help me at all

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 12:42 PM ----------

I guess stuff like this also helps.
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/78b...k-pop-with-f-x

10+ Year Old Account
    I was kinda thinking educational games, like games meant to teach out the alphabet and such ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    The links and descriptions are a copy paste from my post in pvm, but I've been on a huge GLAM listening to marathon. Watching their songs with subtitles.
    I like how all their songs have a really good and meaningful message. So different to most groups.

Party (xxo) about Lesbian/Bisexual love
    I like that about being alone and liking it/accepting who are you
    In front of the mirror about being ugly/feeling unwanted/hating your self in front of the mirror etc

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/78b...eatured_videos

f(x) with Anna Kendrick, quite funny. ^.^

@Ana Aye, they're great! I haven't read up on the lyrics but the youtube comments have described it somewhat. I just wish they'd release more than 1 song at a time :<
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Like this one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0A6oYvTpA

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 01:58 PM ----------

First you see this and this and then this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those links were all subtitled if you want to see the lyrics

That Anna Kendrick thing was amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/78b...eatured_videos

f(x) with Anna Kendrick, quite funny. ^.^
    Wha? Koreans aren't that mean... Typical americans they makes Anna look super awesome while making f(x) looks super mean

10+ Year Old Account
    Like this one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0A6oYvTpA

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 01:58 PM ----------

First you see this and this and then this.
    Haha, yeah, something like that!

Didn't like Taemin's cap, or Key having his hair like that.. otherwise they're looking stylish as hell D:

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Wha? Koreans aren't that mean... Typical americans they makes Anna look super awesome while making f(x) looks super mean
    I don't think it was meant to be taken very seriously ^^ And hey, f(x) was portrayed as the more experienced and professional while Anna was a total newbie, and she's gotten nominated for an Oscar some year ago! f(x) were at least nice in the end. \o/
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

beautiful
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2013-03-28 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, Junhyung and Hara broke up.
    They were K-pops only official Idol x Idol couple

\o/ T-shirts, 2 albums from ONE OK ROCK and the Girl's Day album all arrived today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummmm.
    This

Why did that ever happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    \o/ T-shirts, 2 albums from ONE OK ROCK and the Girl's Day album all arrived today.
    Ooh What t-shirts did you get? The two from Soshified x Teebots?

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Why did that ever happen.
    I don't know and I hope I'll never see or hear of it again x.x
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Ooh What t-shirts did you get? The two from Soshified x Teebots?

I don't know and I hope I'll never see or hear of it again x.x
    Yep. The SONE and Here Comes Trouble shirts.
    Seems they have BEAST shirts too now,

Me too... not sure why I even pressed that play button.