10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Yeah I voted and looked at the current top votes afterwards. IMO Ailee is so good she should probably win every category she was nominated for.

Anyone voting for HyunA in best female artist is doing it because they're fanboys/girls, not because they believe she has the talent to win that category.
    Shame that probably rings true for most award shows where fan votes are a big part of the end results.

Edited the previous post to include song of the year.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    I just voted for a member of Big Bang. I'm going to have to take some mental health days off from school, 'cause I'm obviously going insane. I blame Rain for not being a good enough singer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    I just voted for a member of Big Bang. I'm going to have to take some mental health days off from school, 'cause I'm obviously going insane. I blame Rain for not being a good enough singer.
    I voted for Taeyang too, what is wrong with that?!! He's good!

Deleted
    Yeah I voted and looked at the current top votes afterwards. IMO Ailee is so good she should probably win every category she was nominated for.

Anyone voting for HyunA in best female artist is doing it because they're fanboys/girls, not because they believe she has the talent to win that category.
    Well, this isn't exactly like the Oscars where it's the talent people are being awarded for. The MAMAs are about the music that people like. Ailee might have ten times the talent that HyunA does, but some people might prefer HyunA's music. It's basically just asking who you think, out of the nominees, had the best release this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    I'm surprised to see that none of Ailee's songs have made into the OST category. Evening Sky and Because of Tears are both fantastic.
    I think that category has more to do with the popularity of the drama the OST is from than it does the actual song, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

I voted for Taeyang too, what is wrong with that?!! He's good!
    I strongly dislike most of Big Bang's music. I don't like their solo stuff either. Not even Taeyang's. He was just the only nominee that wasn't boring. It feels wrong voting for someone just because they aren't boring. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Teaser's up. Sounds kinda 'meh' on first impression. Amber will be doing Chanyeol's part on the music shows, though, so atleast there's that to look forwards to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty stupid that you can't leave out categories to vote for. I don't care for the nominees in new artist/male artist/vocal performances/band/OST
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this isn't exactly like the Oscars where it's the talent people are being awarded for. The MAMAs are about the music that people like. Ailee might have ten times the talent that HyunA does, but some people might prefer HyunA's music. It's basically just asking who you think, out of the nominees, had the best release this year.
    Meh.

I love HyunA, and I liked "Red", but there's no way in hell I could honestly vote for her and think "Yeah, that was the best". I stick by my statement that people voting that way are just doing it because they're "huge fans" and/or deluded, even if they thought someone else was much better.

Deleted
    Meh.

I love HyunA, and I liked "Red", but there's no way in hell I could honestly vote for her and think "Yeah, that was the best". I stick by my statement that people voting that way are just doing it because they're "huge fans" and/or deluded, even if they thought someone else was much better.
    Hrm. I voted for GOT7 as artist of the year, even though I know they are far from the most talented nominee in that category. I'm not even that big of a fan. None of my favourite acts were nominated, though, so I just went for the nominee I've enjoyed the most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    well ye obviously, why do you think EXO wins everything? (hint: it's not because they are extremely talented)
    wat u meen? my oppa sehun is best singer/dancer in kpop gtfo out of here bich or ill put glue in ur coffee

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be a best rapper category, not just rap performance. Swings/Jay Park needs to be nominated. f(x) isn't even nominated for a single category, and Suju's Drama Version of MAMACITA as well as Overdose aren't nominated for best MV (although 2PM's is probably the best anyway)

Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm. I voted for GOT7 as artist of the year, even though I know they are far from the most talented nominee in that category. I'm not even that big of a fan. None of my favourite acts were nominated, though, so I just went for the nominee I've enjoyed the most.
    That's different from what I'm saying though. I guess I'm not being clear, and I'm not sure how to explain it so I'm gonna stop trying. :P

I should probably go get some caffeine and unmuddle my brain, it's still early.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    Swings/Jay Park needs to be nominated. f(x) isn't even nominated for a single category
    Pretty much the two biggest crimes against humanity made this year. "Fallin'" is by far the best rap performance this year. f(x) should've been nominated for, like, half the categories.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda meant Swings and JGP's own stuff from this year (Swings has released 2 minis!), but Fallin' is pretty damn great too. It's definitely one of the best this year.

Not sure why Jay God Park only promoted with So Good. The song the album is named after, Evolution, is absolutely amazing. Semi-related: Let's take a moment to look at Trinidad James' lyrical skills in SUCCESS CRAZED: "Asian bitches shakin', pussy niggas hatin'". Someone gives this dude an atleast-you-tried award.

And yea it's mindbaffling why f(x) isn't nominated in a SINGLE category, their entire album was great. If nothing else they should've at least taken Sistars spot for best female group dance. Touch My Body's signature move looks like they're imitating an animal taking a shit.

Although, there's another category fans can't vote for: best album of the year. I hope they're nominated there, but I kinda doubt it if the title track isn't nominated elsewhere.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I'm surprised to see that none of Ailee's songs have made into the OST category. Evening Sky and Because of Tears are both fantastic.
    I'm pretty sure Evening Sky was 2012. Eventhough Tears Stole The Heart was 2013, I think Lyn's My Destiny was from late 2013 as well.

Btw, I just thought I'd mention that today is my birthday.
    Last edited by PantsDePeon; 2014-10-30 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy birthday!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    I kinda meant Swings and JGP's own stuff from this year (Swings has released 2 minis!), but Fallin' is pretty damn great too. It's definitely one of the best this year.
    Yo, Fallin' was the only Swings song you linked me. That I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red
    And yea it's mindbaffling why f(x) isn't nominated in a SINGLE category, their entire album was great. If nothing else they should've at least taken Sistars spot for best female group dance. Touch My Body's signature move looks like they're imitating an animal taking a shit.
    Shit, or they could've taken AOA's spot. I'd hardly even call what they did in Mini Skirt a dance. Tease, maybe. Not dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red
    Although, there's another category fans can't vote for: best album of the year. I hope they're nominated there, but I kinda doubt it if the title track isn't nominated elsewhere.
    Yea, I really don't think so either. Fairly certain Crush or MAMACITA is going to run away with that one.

-

And happy b-day Pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo, Fallin' was the only Swings song you linked me. That I liked.
    You didn't like Bulldozer? I remember that you liked some Outsider songs, but I thought you liked more from Swings as well I'll have to link some of the stuff he released this year when I'm back home. iirc you were more into moody rap, and the Swings minis from this year are called "Mood Swings II Part.1: Major Depression" and "Mood Swings II Part.2: OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)". So, like, potential!

Shit, or they could've taken AOA's spot. I'd hardly even call what they did in Mini Skirt a dance. Tease, maybe. Not dance.
    True that, Miniskirt is hardly a dance.

Yea, I really don't think so either. Fairly certain Crush or MAMACITA is going to run away with that one.
    I wasn't overly impressed by MAMACITA as a whole, I mean it has a few good songs but it's definitely not album of the year. I wouldn't mind Crush taking that award home though, his album is great. Did you listen to his new song "Sofa" that I linked earlier?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    You didn't like Bulldozer? I remember that you liked some Outsider songs, but I thought you liked more from Swings as well I'll have to link some of the stuff he released this year when I'm back home. iirc you were more into moody rap, and the Swings minis from this year are called "Mood Swings II Part.1: Major Depression" and "Mood Swings II Part.2: OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)". So, like, potential!
    I was fairly indifferent about Bulldozer. Yea, Mood Swings sounds like something I'd enjoy.
    I have to admit, I'm starting to listen to a lot of BTS after War of Hormone, and I kinda like their rap stuff even if it isn't of the moody sort. Maybe I also like angry rap? Maybe it's just "I have swag and money and bitches"-rap that I don't like.

I wasn't overly impressed by MAMACITA as a whole, I mean it has a few good songs but it's definitely not album of the year. I wouldn't mind Crush taking that award home though, his album is great. Did you listen to his new song "Sofa" that I linked earlier?
    Well I didn't say that MAMACITA was my personal pick. It's got the popularity and sales to get the award, tho. And when I said "Crush", I meant the 2NE1 album. Haven't listened to Crush's album. The first part of Sofa is freaking awesome. It's so mellow and nice. Then the beat drops, and it starts nearing "generic RnB" territory. Still a fairly good song. The line "There is no more you in the Sofa where you used to be" made me laugh my ass off. Sofa is not a romantic word.

Quote Originally Posted by PantsDePeon View Post
    I'm pretty sure Evening Sky was 2012. Eventhough Tears Stole The Heart was 2013, I think Lyn's My Destiny was from late 2013 as well.

Btw, I just thought I'd mention that today is my birthday.
    Ya I had a brain fart. Evening sky was 2012. Tears stole the heart was late 2013. Lyn's My destiny is early 2014 iirc.

And Happy birthday!

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why Jay God Park only promoted with So Good. The song the album is named after, Evolution, is absolutely amazing. Semi-related: Let's take a moment to look at Trinidad James' lyrical skills in SUCCESS CRAZED: "Asian bitches shakin', pussy niggas hatin'". Someone gives this dude an atleast-you-tried award.

Mama has always been biased. I'm pretty sure the nominations would drastically different if they based it on talent or actual quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, I don't see Bernard Park on the newcomer category either. His mini album was surprisingly good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Well this is something new Japan is trying with a Idol group
    All insolvent idol group The Margarines to debut; total debt of all members: 127 million yen.
    http://www.japantoday.com/category/e...27-million-yen

10+ Year Old Account
    I was fairly indifferent about Bulldozer. Yea, Mood Swings sounds like something I'd enjoy.
    I have to admit, I'm starting to listen to a lot of BTS after War of Hormone, and I kinda like their rap stuff even if it isn't of the moody sort. Maybe I also like angry rap? Maybe it's just "I have swag and money and bitches"-rap that I don't like.
    I see. I think I'd call Bulldozer angry rap, or maybe it's more "I'm fucking boss and you're not". Anyhow, nice, BTS is good! They have a soundcloud where they (mostly suga/rap mon I think) release some rap songs. But how can you not like "I have swag and money and bitches" and still like Jay Park?

Well I didn't say that MAMACITA was my personal pick. It's got the popularity and sales to get the award, tho. And when I said "Crush", I meant the 2NE1 album. Haven't listened to Crush's album. The first part of Sofa is freaking awesome. It's so mellow and nice. Then the beat drops, and it starts nearing "generic RnB" territory. Still a fairly good song. The line "There is no more you in the Sofa where you used to be" made me laugh my ass off. Sofa is not a romantic word.
    mmmmEH. I did think bringing up Crush as a potential winner was a bit out of the blue, but I would love it :c Didn't think you meant that YOU wanted Suju to win it, just that *I* don't think it's aoty worthy ^^ But yeah, I'm sure it's one of the nominees. And I would recommend listening to Crush' album, he's on par with Zion.T when it comes to creativity (they're in the same crew after all). The only drawback (for me) is that he's heavily influenced by Michael Jackson, and I'm not completely sold on that style.

Koreans and lyrics, I just don't get it ><

- - - Updated - - -

Mama has always been biased. I'm pretty sure the nominations would drastically different if they based it on talent or actual quality.
    myea, but sometimes they're just being ridiculous. Last year is a great example. G-Dragon won best solo male dance performance with a song that had zero dancing in it. And the dude was up against Psy, the guy who's fame comes almost exclusively from his dancing.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    @Pistol
    Mood Swings II Part.2: OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
    Gravity (Feat. Mad Clown, Giriboy **보*)
    역*행 (Feat. Dok2, Genius Nochang *재*창)

Mood Swings II Part.1: Major Depression
    Go Home
    Take Care of Me (Feat. BrotherSu)

- - - Updated - - -

GG now I'm gonna listen to Swings the rest of the night, saved me the trouble of deciding on a playlist
    Cave Cave Deus Videt