I think its only me and Anakso who do that here :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drooling over kpop idols is my favorite hobby, even if I don't like their music as much as you guys.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm drooling atm, but it's not over EXID.

That sounds really weird though. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Just LE proving she's the best bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    The picture of Solji in a rocky environment near the beach in high heels was very weird :s Hyerin working that blonde hair tho!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    This picture of Solji though!

And yea Hyerin looks much better with Blonde hair, but I think it's a wig considering she didn't have Blonde hair in the eye contact video.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I was looking at videos in LOEN TREE Youtube channel and trying to figure out where the hell all my English subs had gone...turns out they upload all the same videos to the 1theK channel, but 1theK has English subs while the other does not. What's the point of uploading to different channels? I am confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loen Tree is probably the Channel for their label specifically where as 1 the k is their music distribution youtube page.

I'm just subbed to 1thek though since it gets all the things and subtitles! I know why they'd upload to 1thek because that has a much bigger audience, I just checked the difference and Loen Tree has 77k subscribers compared to 1thek having 2 million! So big difference.

Not sure why they have their own tbh, maybe just so they have a channel just for their own artists. A lot of companies use Loentrees music distribution and their videos get uplaoded to 1thek but they still put them on their personal channel as well

- - - Updated - - -

Example with girls day.

13m views Female President on their main channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0f9ifrDSp8
    5.4m views Female President on 1thek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0f9ifrDSp8

Does seem odd to split views like that though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Pretty great picture, yuss~

And yea Hyerin looks much better with Blonde hair, but I think it's a wig considering she didn't have Blonde hair in the eye contact video.
    I just thought it was an old video considering she had the current haircut (cutting the hair during practice, coloring it for promo), but yeah it could just as well have been a wig
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that seems really weird to me. Music awards shows in Korea go by views on social media, don't they? That's why Youtube counter always stalls at 301+ when a new video comes out so they can count views and make sure they're legit? I mean, obviously not just Youtube since Korea has their own social media sites but you know what I mean. If they have something where they split channel views do they just add them all up?

Anakso, how was your presentation? Did it go well?

Haven't seen Pistol on yet this morning, but I'll leave this for him as well. Couple years old but the Tory Tory Bang Bang skits...so funny. First one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0XsISS8Z2o

10+ Year Old Account
    It confuses me how Female President/Expectation MVs have a rather medium amount of views for kpop videos considering how big they got from that promotion. I'd say they're as big as Sistar, and "So Cool" has 44m views.

- - - Updated - - -

As for 301+, Youtube doesn't update views live, it comes in batches. That's all there is to it afaik.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Yeah that seems really weird to me. Music awards shows in Korea go by views on social media, don't they? That's why Youtube counter always stalls at 301+ when a new video comes out so they can count views and make sure they're legit? I mean, obviously not just Youtube since Korea has their own social media sites but you know what I mean. If they have something where they split channel views do they just add them all up?
    I'm assuming they do add them up yea or they'd be silly for doing that!

Anakso, how was your presentation? Did it go well?
    It went okay, not great but not bad. I hate talking in front of people :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    As for 301+, Youtube doesn't update views live, it comes in batches. That's all there is to it afaik.
    Yeah, I don't know. I don't know why, but whenever I watch a video I look through comments after. Saw people commenting when the Big Bang comeback MVs were coming out about the view counter stopping and people talking about making sure views were legit because the crazy fans can use bots and stuff for extra views so their groups win the music shows. Or something. IDK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    It confuses me how Female President/Expectation MVs have a rather medium amount of views for kpop videos considering how big they got from that promotion. I'd say they're as big as Sistar, and "So Cool" has 44m views.
    So Cool was released 2 years before sistar, checked "Loving U" it only has 17m and I think was just one upload (Do Sistar upload to 1thek?) so is less than Female Presidents collective views but was released 6 months earlier.

They update almost instantly up to 301 (Which was a code error they left in. It should have said i < 300 but instead someone wrote i <=300 and so it increments once more after hitting 300.) The reason it updates instantly before 300 (Within a certain time frame) is because it takes a lot of processing power to calculate all the views and make sure they're real, and videos that aren't getting 300 views in X amount of time won't make a splash or matter, and probably aren't eligible for google ads.

After that each view goes through a bunch of tests to make sure it's a legitimate view and it can take a while to queue it up in that system. I recall seeing Youtube interviewed on the topic by Computer file. It takes ages to calculate each view because there is like 20 different versions of each video stored in each repository among 100s across the world and they have to make sure each view is real (Through some really complex algorithm) and then add them all up, which also means counting people that viewed half of one kind and then half of another kind as 1 view. (i.e half video in 720p then it slows down and reduces to 480p)

They're not very open about what counts as a real view though since they don't want people cheating the system.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also forgot to mention the reason for the stop at 301 is because before it updates it doesn't just check incoming views, it re-checks all those first 301 views that were never checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Cool was released 2 years before sistar, checked "Loving U" it only has 17m and I think was just one upload (Do Sistar upload to 1thek?) so is less than Female Presidents collective views but was released 6 months earlier.
    Sure, So Cool is a bit old, but I doubt Expectation is going to reach its view number anytime soon. Loving U barely had any dance, which Sistar is known for, so their dance practice has a bit over 10m views. That's higher than Female President's 2 versions. Quick YT search makes me think they just recently began uploading to 1theK, as in from I Swear and forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    the pretty idols is like 90% what kpop is about so yeah me too

look at this qt http://socdn.smtown.com/upload/starh...t78e921vo1.jpg
    I know right
    Last edited by BHD; 2015-06-05 at 02:43 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for an internship now my semester is over bar exams, I swear some of these just advertise by everything. They want a Marketing Manager intern and my search for IT internship pulled it up, so I checked what their "Related areas of study" was and it's Business, Arts, Health, Education, Law, Science, IT, Engineering, Creative, Agriculture & environment, Other

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they mix them as well. Creative Law sounds fun
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Just LE proving she's the best bias.

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xft1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/11053284_969270966456661_8557634690976310988_n.jpg?oh=41188f607500eb641f3e70989c179841&oe= 5602734D&__gda__=1441173087_2e9fc92e605e1cee2fecd81314cb3044[IMG]
    That photoshop

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought he was pretty ugly at first as well ^^ He's definitely the cutest member.

Why is the camerawork always so terrible ;_; Even at the gayo daejuns it's usually pretty bad. Should attend some just for the guaranteed close-up because I'm white. But yes, the song. Their coordination looks better here than in the previous video you linked, they look more in sync with each other.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Anakso, I know you're not a HISTORY fan but since you love funny variety show type stuff...these are hilarious. It's a shame they only did 4.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0XsISS8Z2o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NyyLf6yaEI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACa3Xwuc6qw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFnOCGsnmOA