10+ Year Old Account

Looks like it's going to be great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good, sounds bad
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I think it sounds like it will be great.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean...the song isn't awful. It's not great, but it's not bad. The MV on the other hand, wtf? When I first saw the streets I was like, that doesn't look like it's in Korea, then yet another white male appears. Except this time they couldn't afford to hire a decent looking white male so they just got the ugliest one they could find. He looks like a really unattractive surfer/pothead dude. He should have appeared in "Clueless".

Then I got to the end of the MV and saw the "concept" and I was just completely turned off to the song and group. It's like the director just said, I know, let's do the SAME OLD CONCEPT. Sexy con girls. Yeah, ok. Except I've seen Secret and AoA do this before and I'm just done with it...

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the song but yea that MV was stupid. I'm okay with the sexy con girl concept really but they didn't really even do anything, they weren't even really conning it was petty thievery except one girl stole a car so grand theft and also they had a briefcase full of money from somewhere. But one of them just stole some guys wallet! Real weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I really liked the song but yea that MV was stupid. I'm okay with the sexy con girl concept really but they didn't really even do anything, they weren't even really conning it was petty thievery except one girl stole a car so grand theft and also they had a briefcase full of money from somewhere. But one of them just stole some guys wallet! Real weird.
    I might just be in a bad mood this morning (woke up with a headache I can't shake), but I really don't know. Korea was a place I wanted to visit and now things they're doing are just ticking me off.

You think, great, they're adding foreigners to MVs for some variety and diversity! Maybe. Maybe they even see it like that. Then they generally portray them in not-so-great ways and you wonder if that was even the reason they put them there to begin with. I've read in multiple places that Koreans see foreigners as more open-minded, but that's not generally translated into a good way. They see foreign women as sexually "easy" so they put them in MVs with the male idol groups where they would never to think to disrespect a Korean women by having her viewed in that way. They also apparently see foreign men as stupid, and easily conned and taken advantage of by any "sexy" Korean girl that walks their way.

I might be irked because I saw an article last night about a night club in Itaewon that refused a man entrance solely because he was a foreigner. The reasoning is completely backwards thinking.
    http://www.koreaboo.com/news/racism-...s-due-to-mers/
    Korea supposedly wants to become on par with all the other 1st world countries, but then people there do stuff like this. Can you even IMAGINE if something like this happened in America/Australia/Britain/etc these days? No, sorry, you can't enter without showing your birth certificate because we're racist f*cks and we think you do (insert horrible thing here) and it IS America/Australia/Britain/etc, after all, isn't it?

Then I have to wonder what would have happened in that same situation if the foreigner that wanted to enter was a woman instead of a man.

The reactions are kinda cringey though tbh not a fan of those kinds of reactions.
    Any sort of reaction videos annoy me. Half the time people aren't even watching/listening to the damn thing you're supposed to react to! I cant get myself to finish any reaction video completely because I get annoyed by the fact that the person in the video just goes blabbering on and on
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I might just be in a bad mood this morning (woke up with a headache I can't shake), but I really don't know. Korea was a place I wanted to visit and now things they're doing are just ticking me off.

You think, great, they're adding foreigners to MVs for some variety and diversity! Maybe. Maybe they even see it like that. Then they generally portray them in not-so-great ways and you wonder if that was even the reason they put them there to begin with. I've read in multiple places that Koreans see foreigners as more open-minded, but that's not generally translated into a good way. They see foreign women as sexually "easy" so they put them in MVs with the male idol groups where they would never to think to disrespect a Korean women by having her viewed in that way. They also apparently see foreign men as stupid, and easily conned and taken advantage of by any "sexy" Korean girl that walks their way.

I might be irked because I saw an article last night about a night club in Itaewon that refused a man entrance solely because he was a foreigner. The reasoning is completely backwards thinking.
    http://www.koreaboo.com/news/racism-...s-due-to-mers/
    Korea supposedly wants to become on par with all the other 1st world countries, but then people there do stuff like this. Can you even IMAGINE if something like this happened in America/Australia/Britain/etc these days? No, sorry, you can't enter without showing your birth certificate because we're racist f*cks and we think you do (insert horrible thing here) and it IS America/Australia/Britain/etc, after all, isn't it?

Then I have to wonder what would have happened in that same situation if the foreigner that wanted to enter was a woman instead of a man.
    That article is sad, hopefully Korea will put a stop to things like that being able to happen. If it happened in America/Australia/Britain it wouldn't even just be a huge controversy it would be a lawsuit because stuff like that is illegal, there apparently it's not.

I think representation of foreigners in MVs are getting better though it's not all men being conned and women being sexy, in AoAs MV they were just the same as the other guys. BapMokJa was even the ref, and there was a white woman just sitting down eating lunch. In CLCs MV he was just a guy living in an apartment with a dog, it was the CLC members who were being kinda crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Any sort of reaction videos annoy me. Half the time people aren't even watching/listening to the damn thing you're supposed to react to! I cant get myself to finish any reaction video completely because I get annoyed by the fact that the person in the video just goes blabbering on and on
    All these youtubers make my skin crawl ;_; it's like a secret you cringe you lose battle and I lost ages ago
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    All these youtubers make my skin crawl ;_; it's like a secret you cringe you lose battle and I lost ages ago
    I don't mind KPop youtubers. Its specifically "reactions" that annoy me. I remember reading somewhere that JREKML does good videos on kpop. Checked his youtube channel. Never bothered to visit there again after watching this.

PSA: Its especially cringy. Watch at your own risk. And for some reasonthat god only knows he's actually one of the most popular kpop youtuber/reactioner out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think representation of foreigners in MVs are getting better though it's not all men being conned and women being sexy, in AoAs MV they were just the same as the other guys. BapMokJa was even the ref, and there was a white woman just sitting down eating lunch. In CLCs MV he was just a guy living in an apartment with a dog, it was the CLC members who were being kinda crazy.
    It's not all like that, but even AoA is guilty of it. The guy they conned in "Like a Cat" was also white.

I honestly think it was that article that irked me more than anything, though. I get that there are going to be racist people in every country, but that night club thing is something that would never be allowed in any of the other countries we were talking about. That one line really pushed my button too..."Koreans don't want them here, and this is Korea, right?"

I don't know how many years it's been like that but as far as I know Itaewon has been the area where foreigners gather for quite some time. If the nightclub owner didn't want that sort of clientele he might have chosen a different location for his night club.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind KPop youtubers. Its specifically "reactions" that annoy me. I remember reading somewhere that JREKML does good videos on kpop. Checked his youtube channel. Never bothered to visit there again after watching this.
    OMG no. I don't even need to watch that video, I've seen some of his others and I can't stand him. If he likes the group he has the cringy/shrieky reaction, if he doesn't know the group he has the world's most boring reaction. It's not possible to get through his videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea agreed with this, I enjoy Kpop youtubers just not the reactioners. I do enjoy BapMokJas reactions just because they're different to most with them actually reviewing the song and rating it as well as it being a drinking game, plus they have other content and will be expanding to even more Kpop/Korea related content.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not all like that, but even AoA is guilty of it. The guy they conned in "Like a Cat" was also white.

I honestly think it was that article that irked me more than anything, though. I get that there are going to be racist people in every country, but that night club thing is something that would never be allowed in any of the other countries we were talking about. That one line really pushed my button too..."Koreans don't want them here, and this is Korea, right?"

I don't know how many years it's been like that but as far as I know Itaewon has been the area where foreigners gather for quite some time. If the nightclub owner didn't want that sort of clientele he might have chosen a different location for his night club.
    Yea that article was annoying, I wonder what Koreas reactions to that were though. Maybe a lot of them were equally disgusted.

- - - Updated - - -

This is cool, they left out the scenes at around 3:09 from the MV it seems though they look like they'd have been cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone wanted to see, SMTM4 released the clip of Mino's full rap (just not if he passed or not). I'm not sure what to think. He's a good rapper for sure, but he also had gaps in flow, plus he was apparently dissing SHINee's Minho. That, and Zico was judging him...so I guess that could go either way since they used to train together.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMizYUctr04

I'm an evil person. I made myself feel better today by making my husband do Kpopsteve's Kpop Gender Test (he got Ren and Amber wrong, the rest right). Then made him watch VIXX Girls and Boys' Day. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh the gender bender performances are my favorite! Make him watch these too.

And then the girl groups doing boy group songs

And of course the classics of Boys Generation and Wonder Boys

That version of Wonder Boys had a Suju member and a Big Bang member performing together which is not something you get to see very often, then there is this other version with different members but still Shindong.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone wanted to see, SMTM4 released the clip of Mino's full rap (just not if he passed or not). I'm not sure what to think. He's a good rapper for sure, but he also had gaps in flow, plus he was apparently dissing SHINee's Minho. That, and Zico was judging him...so I guess that could go either way since they used to train together.
    I'll wait until the full episode is out and subbed. I would think Zico is professional enough to not let bias affect him, but you never know. Last year during the solo audition that comes after the first one Swings opted out from judging one of the guys from his label. Can't remember if it was Giriboy or C Jamm. Funnily enough I don't think he did that for the other one
    Last edited by BHD; 2015-07-03 at 03:58 PM. Reason: toplel I failed
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'd never seen Vixx Girls before. Close up of Sojung and Ashley right at the beginning, sad :< Wonder if RiSe or Eunb Were there.

- - - Updated - - -

Later there is a close up of RiSe and Zuny so I guess that's a yes. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    I'll wait until the full episode is out and subbed. I would think Zico is professional enough to not let bias affect him, but you never know. Last year during the solo audition that comes after the first one Swings opted out from judging one of the guys from his label. Can't remember if it was Giriboy or C Jamm. Funnily enough I don't think he did that for the other one
    At least he didn't end up on the other side judging his brother! That would be difficult to not be biased about.

Oh I'd never seen Vixx Girls before. Close up of Sojung and Ashley right at the beginning, sad :< Wonder if RiSe or Eunb Were there.

- - - Updated - - -

Later there is a close up of RiSe and Zuny so I guess that's a yes. :<
    I have watched that video more times than I care to admit. It's just too funny. N looks more like a girl than most girls. And Ravi in the pink short shorts and tights and then busting out his manly rap voices cracks me up.

10+ Year Old Account

Now I'm hyped to see this. I'm actually getting pretty hyped for their come back and variety show appearances now, more than I thought I would be. Maybe I can still like them post Sica Incident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit Twitter. Well...I guess I won't have to worry about watching SMTM4 past this week. Oh well.