10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    That's actually not true. Quite a few of us like BTS. It's just Anakso with irrational hatred!
    Just woke up brain is at about... 30% capability. I forgot things or make mistakes often like this!

But I seriously want GOT7's new MV already! From the same like 16 secs I've heard from the teasers it sounds amazing. Entire album besides really 1 song sounds amazing also from the teaser preview. Reminder to self: pre-order album.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    Yeah, everything about this is just strange. It's strange to announce the concert (and sell tickets) before her album if that's what the concert will be about, and it's strange to have a concert where you just sing OSTs and then release an album later. And we know the album isn't that far off. I'm not all that excited though as I can't imagine any SNSD being a good solo artist, but maybe that's because I imagine them all doing solos with a sound similar to SNSD's.
    I can imagine Tiffany or Jessica being good solo, not sure about the rest. Any of them could surprise us though, even Taeyeon. Just hope she doesn't get up there and release solo songs exactly like all her OSTs because that's not really solo career worthy. I'm assuming she'll be different than that, but I don't really have a frame of reference to know what she'll be like! Maybe her sound will be more like devils cry? That would be pretty cool actually.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually not true. Quite a few of us like BTS. It's just Anakso with irrational hatred!
    Heeey I keep saying I'm over my BTS hatred now D; I like them too. It's just Rap Mon I irrationally hate now

Deleted
    I just wish ANYONE else liked Dok2
    lol never gonna happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this 1 hour short So Hyun did on youtube here. Warning at the beginning "content may not be suitable for people under 15" I wonder if they set that age limit because the actress is 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Heeey I keep saying I'm over my BTS hatred now D; I like them too. It's just Rap Mon I irrationally hate now
    I still don't understand how you can hate Rap Mon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    lol never gonna happen
    At least I can take comfort in knowing he's not underrated in his own country, only here. He'll probably never win anything at MAMAs but I don't think he wants to either, if he did he'd make mainstream music instead.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand how you can hate Rap Mon.
    Irrationally

- - - Updated - - -

Pistol this 1hour short is pretty much young Eun byul btw. She's even friends with Soo in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, if everyone liked exactly the same stuff as everyone else it would just be an echo chamber, so it's good the way it is. I just wish ANYONE else liked Dok2
    I actually never heard him before, so I went and listened. Have you ever watched the movie Hook or the Avatar: The Last Airbender anime? He sounds to me like if this guy were to rap in Korean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually never heard him before, so I went and listened. Have you ever watched the movie Hook or the Avatar: The Last Airbender anime? He sounds to me like if this guy were to rap in Korean.
    Seen both, but I don't really hear the similarity. I take it you mean it in a bad way since otherwise you'd say you liked it

side note: Avatar isn't anime
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen both, but I don't really hear the similarity. I take it you mean it in a bad way since otherwise you'd say you liked it

side note: Avatar isn't anime
    Yeah, but I feel weird just calling it a cartoon. It's like an American anime. Anyways...

I didn't dislike it, it's not unpleasant. Just not really my musical taste. And no, I like that guy's voice. I always recognize English voice actors when they're reused through the animes I watch. Sometimes it drives me nuts. Like, I watched regular Naruto before I watched Bleach, but we just finished all of Bleach and started Naruto Shippuden. Now whenever Neji speaks I pretty much physically see Toshiro on screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but I feel weird just calling it a cartoon. It's like an American anime. Anyways...

I didn't dislike it, it's not unpleasant. Just not really my musical taste. And no, I like that guy's voice. I always recognize English voice actors when they're reused through the animes I watch. Sometimes it drives me nuts. Like, I watched regular Naruto before I watched Bleach, but we just finished all of Bleach and started Naruto Shippuden. Now whenever Neji speaks I pretty much physically see Toshiro on screen.
    Simply call it the best American cartoon ever

Ait, fair enough. The other guys (mig/pistol) doesn't like his voice at all so I just assumed that's what you meant. When it comes to VAs I tend to recognize the voice but it's not very often I can place it, so it rarely bothers me. Going straight from one shounen to another and having the same VA is probably a bit bothersome though, yeah.

But while we're NOT on the topic of kdrama, have some more "fun" hiphop!

Last edited by BHD; 2015-09-25 at 05:09 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    But while we're NOT on the topic of kdrama, have some more "fun" hiphop!
    Pretty good! I can't remember, do you like Block B and BAP? I remember mentioning liking Block B before and met with negative responses.

I was also just thinking, it's kind of funny to me that I used to go through musical "phases". Most of the time I was okay with whatever American pop there was, but I went through a full on rap phase when I lived in Miami (which to me it sounds much different than Korean rap/hip hop). I've gone through country music phases a couple times too. Since I started listening to Kpop though it's only been Kpop for years. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Pistol, this cracked me up. Mansae on Kiss the Radio. I cracked up when it got to DK's part and he started singing and was like five times louder than the rest of them. Also, while I love Jeonghan's vocal tone, it seems so weird to me that his singing voice is so much higher than his speaking voice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAvwvZLjuoQ

10+ Year Old Account
    I recognize a few sometimes. I recognize the English voice actor for Shinjii in Neon Genesis when his voice actor popped up in Bleach but don't think I recognize many, just that guys voice was very distinctive. Think I've recognized Inuyashas voice actor in some things before too but don't recall them now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recognize a few sometimes. I recognize the English voice actor for Shinjii in Neon Genesis when his voice actor popped up in Bleach but don't think I recognize many, just that guys voice was very distinctive. Think I've recognized Inuyashas voice actor in some things before too but don't recall them now.
    Bleach and Naruto share A LOT of them, which I guess isn't really that unusual since they were the longest running and most popular in English. I've heard some of them randomly floating around between animes too, but not usually as many. Although Bleach's Ichigo was also the character Soul Eater in the anime Soul Eater so it was a little weird for me when I watched that.

I agree with you, though. Shinji's voice actor is also one of the Akatsuki in Naruto Shippuden and I recognized it the instant I heard him start talking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good! I can't remember, do you like Block B and BAP? I remember mentioning liking Block B before and met with negative responses.

I was also just thinking, it's kind of funny to me that I used to go through musical "phases". Most of the time I was okay with whatever American pop there was, but I went through a full on rap phase when I lived in Miami (which to me it sounds much different than Korean rap/hip hop). I've gone through country music phases a couple times too. Since I started listening to Kpop though it's only been Kpop for years. :P
    I like them both. I think the majority of active posters here likes BAP, and quite a few likes Block B. Then Mig doesn't like much of the new Block B stuff and Pistol doesn't like Zico. I was super hyped for Block B's "Very Good" but then after that hype went down a bit I'm starting to miss their older music style as well. BASTARZ' title track from their mini was amazing.

I've gone through a few phases of my own, and every time I do I go like super dedication into it. Grew up in a neighbourhood where hiphop was prominent so I started off with Eminem from I was 6 to maybe 9-10 and only dressed in baggy pants/hoods/chains, then I went into my "what is music, I have sports" era. Then I discovered RuneScape and later WoW and got into Marilyn Manson and later metal and started wearing makeup and have long black hair (sometimes with some pink in it).. and then kpop and buying lots of CDs and posters and t-shirts. Now I've kind of gone full circle and am back to hiphop but it's 99% k-hiphop which indeed is very different from American, and then 1% of Eminem with the occasional D12. Ofc I'm still into kpop but I listen more to hiphop than pop atm, I usually switch genre when a great album from said genre is released (so pop for a while when Devil came out).
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Zico is to Pistol as Rap Mon is to me. I hate Zico too now though tbh after he released his solo song that not only sucked but was also homophobic...kind of a turn off. Didn't hate him before that though.

I'm the same as you guys. I used to go through phases as well with music. Was never into Hip hop but went from top 40s kind of stuff to rock to marlyn manson/slipknot etc back to rock and then for a while I literally only listened to parody music. Mostly WoW parody, got really into that xD Then Kpop and don't see my self letting go of Kpop anytime soon if ever. Think that's where my phases stop, it's lasted longer than any other phase and gone deeper than any other phase by far

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them both. I think the majority of active posters here likes BAP, and quite a few likes Block B. Then Mig doesn't like much of the new Block B stuff and Pistol doesn't like Zico. I was super hyped for Block B's "Very Good" but then after that hype went down a bit I'm starting to miss their older music style as well. BASTARZ' title track from their mini was amazing.

I've gone through a few phases of my own, and every time I do I go like super dedication into it. Grew up in a neighbourhood where hiphop was prominent so I started off with Eminem from I was 6 to maybe 9-10 and only dressed in baggy pants/hoods/chains, then I went into my "what is music, I have sports" era. Then I discovered RuneScape and later WoW and got into Marilyn Manson and later metal and started wearing makeup and have long black hair (sometimes with some pink in it).. and then kpop and buying lots of CDs and posters and t-shirts. Now I've kind of gone full circle and am back to hiphop but it's 99% k-hiphop which indeed is very different from American, and then 1% of Eminem with the occasional D12. Ofc I'm still into kpop but I listen more to hiphop than pop atm, I usually switch genre when a great album from said genre is released (so pop for a while when Devil came out).
    Oh well that's good to know. I can only remember having a negative response so I thought no one else liked Block B, while I have a bunch of their songs in my phone. Plus the BASTARZ's song, because it's awesome.

It kind of amuses me how my music tastes are so different from my husband's. Pretty much the only thing we both actively like is 80s music. We have satellite radio in the car and there's different stations for stuff. So I like it when he puts the 80s station on, and the 90s and 00s stations can go either way because sometimes it's good and sometimes it's meh. He has like three stations of alternative music though, and I really don't like it much, I just tolerate it. I wish they had a kpop station! He'll let me listen to it and I think he likes it but doesn't love it like I do. He wouldn't listen to it on his own, although I caught him singing along to BTS' Dope the other day. Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then Kpop and don't see my self letting go of Kpop anytime soon if ever. Think that's where my phases stop, it's lasted longer than any other phase and gone deeper than any other phase by far
    I thought this about metal, and had plans on getting several band-related tattoos that today make me very happy I was below the legal age. Holy shit the regrets if I went through with some of my edgier ideas.. ._.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Riv - This may not be the solution you're looking for but here we have SBS Pop Asia which is a radio station that you can download on an app, assuming you can get it in America since it's just an app, you could play that through your car radio if you can connect your phone to it . That's actually how I first found GEM, they play mostly Kpop but will play some big Cpop or Jpop as well and I've seen other artists from asia too but very rarely. They have a chart on the app too you can use to find new releases not just from Kpop. Maybe you guys have an American version of that or you can just download the Australian one. EYK do a 1 hour segment every week on it actually. They store all those segments too so you can play them after the fact later but you don't get the music breaks if you do that.

Also speaking of their charts I found this on there the other day and forgot to link it. Anyone else here like By2? This is pretty damn catchy.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought this about metal, and had plans on getting several band-related tattoos that today make me very happy I was below the legal age. Holy shit the regrets if I went through with some of my edgier ideas.. ._.
    That's one of the reasons I'll never get a tattoo

I dunno though, I never watched shows or scoured for live performances or interviews for my old music phases. Kpop keeps things fresh too, constantly changing and evolving and updating while still having the older stuff too. Never get bored! Always new shows to watch and stuff. Even more now I'm getting into Kdramas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Riv - This may not be the solution you're looking for but here we have SBS Pop Asia which is a radio station that you can download on an app, assuming you can get it in America since it's just an app, you could play that through your car radio if you can connect your phone to it . That's actually how I first found GEM, they play mostly Kpop but will play some big Cpop or Jpop as well and I've seen other artists from asia too but very rarely. They have a chart on the app too you can use to find new releases not just from Kpop. Maybe you guys have an American version of that or you can just download the Australian one. EYK do a 1 hour segment every week on it actually. They store all those segments too so you can play them after the fact later but you don't get the music breaks if you do that.
    Does it use data? I don't have a data plan...I only go online when I'm on wireless. He has a data plan but I don't think I could convince him to download an app to stream Kpop music to the car.