1. #1

    Death runes resetting.

    While lvling my dk (currently 85) I've noticed some fairly odd behavior from my death runes, after asking a few dk's in my guild none of them had the same experience.

    Every once in a while (i think all the times out of combat) my death runes would convert to the unholy/frost runes. Now i'm not sure about the exact timing (how long after i got out of combat), but i know it hasn't been consistent. Sometimes i'm able to run around, die, get resurrected at GY (BG's) and still have 4 death runes up. While others i've had my death runes "reset" as i was switching targets in the middle of AV (granted i think that i did get out of combat for a couple of seconds)

    At the same time i've been experiencing this in pve when sometimes they would reset between thrash pack pulls (at most 30 seconds apart).

    Is a know glitch, and if so is there anything specific causing it ? (None of the runes were converted through rune tap / other rune generating talents)

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    While lvling my dk (currently 85) I've noticed some fairly odd behavior from my death runes, after asking a few dk's in my guild none of them had the same experience.

    Every once in a while (i think all the times out of combat) my death runes would convert to the unholy/frost runes. Now i'm not sure about the exact timing (how long after i got out of combat), but i know it hasn't been consistent. Sometimes i'm able to run around, die, get resurrected at GY (BG's) and still have 4 death runes up. While others i've had my death runes "reset" as i was switching targets in the middle of AV (granted i think that i did get out of combat for a couple of seconds)

    At the same time i've been experiencing this in pve when sometimes they would reset between thrash pack pulls (at most 30 seconds apart).

    Is a know glitch, and if so is there anything specific causing it ? (None of the runes were converted through rune tap / other rune generating talents)
    I've noticed this myself. Usually happens when either I loot or someone else loots.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I've noticed this myself. Usually happens when either I loot or someone else loots.
    Hmm.. that might be a possibility.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    While lvling my dk (currently 85) I've noticed some fairly odd behavior from my death runes, after asking a few dk's in my guild none of them had the same experience.

    Every once in a while (i think all the times out of combat) my death runes would convert to the unholy/frost runes. Now i'm not sure about the exact timing (how long after i got out of combat), but i know it hasn't been consistent. Sometimes i'm able to run around, die, get resurrected at GY (BG's) and still have 4 death runes up. While others i've had my death runes "reset" as i was switching targets in the middle of AV (granted i think that i did get out of combat for a couple of seconds)

    At the same time i've been experiencing this in pve when sometimes they would reset between thrash pack pulls (at most 30 seconds apart).

    Is a know glitch, and if so is there anything specific causing it ? (None of the runes were converted through rune tap / other rune generating talents)
    Which spec ? could this be Runic empowerement running out ? unholy / frost passives ?

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire Captain Noctus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    468
    I've had the same issue, and I'm really curious as to why it happens. I've had it happen in the midst of combat too.
    Thanks i4ni for the sig!

  6. #6
    I don't think it's a bug, nor is it intended. Something like in a limbo. This has been happening since the WotLK days. Sometimes the death runes stay for hours, sometimes they go back to their original runes without warning at the most random moments.

    This matter is in a limbo; Blizzard hasn't done anything yet, nor has said anything about it.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Which spec ? could this be Runic empowerement running out ? unholy / frost passives ?
    Blood, and they were gained through death strike so no talents affecting them (runic empowerment/rune tap)

  8. #8
    I've had this happen too, I only play blood in dungeons, and have had this happen quite a bit, on bosses aswell as on trash. Hard to figure out what causes it.

  9. #9
    i figured it was an intended decay
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    i figured it was an intended decay
    This. As stated it's been around forever and I always assumed it was just part of the rune mechanics. I haven't seen it decay mid-fight or anything silly like that, it's only ever happened for me when i've been sitting out of combat - much like the standard RP decay.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    i figured it was an intended decay
    It is more then likely this. If there wasn't a decay on death runes then you could tech go into a fight with full death up, so the decay makes it so you have to do an opening rotation before you can spawm w.e you want rune wise.

  12. #12
    I've had this happen so often and for so long that I just figured Death Runes resetting after a certain period out of combat was natural behaviour.

  13. #13
    I have had those Death runes reset anywhere between 1sec and 1min after combat is out. If I could find my tinfoil hat, I would put it on and claim that they all reset at the minute, according to the server's internal clock, so try to end combat right after the minute switches over. But, alas, I cannot find my hat made out of paper-like metal, so I cannot claim that.
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •