Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some girls do have very similar voices... but then again, when my boyfriend is playing Gran Turismo 5 and there's several guys in the same "room", sometimes I can't tell them apart either. They're mostly monotone with deepish voices on there.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I am really good with voices.

Im the worst to play the radio game - which band is this? I always win.

Everyone could tell me from the other chicks in a guild. Not sure why, my husband said I had a more distinctive voice then the other women. And most people were always telling me to speak up :P So I got off as the 'quiet one' until they DID turn me up. Then I'm a chatty kathy!

Not at once, in the begining their voices will surely sound alike to me. But after a while that will change.
    Last edited by Komati; 2013-02-03 at 08:54 PM.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Deleted
    I've never had issues distinguishing different voices. Assigning a voice to a player I'm unfamiliar with will always be difficult but I get there in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the voices ain't to similar I can, same counts for guys.

Ive been guilded with many many girls, and been on voip with most of them, and ive never confused one for another.

P.S. We miss you Nalle, come back to GW2 lol

Nah it is easy for me, but it might be because you aren't used to hearing 10 girls on vent at once. When I heard people with Scandinavian accents I used to not be able to tell them apart easily, but as I met more and more people it is no different.

Didn't you say you had bad hearing in another thread? That may make it harder for you then most people.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I honestly can't hear the difference between one woman's voice from the next? Not sure if its my terrible hearing but It strikes me as weird.

I can tell most guy's voices apart especially ones with accents...guess that applies to girls too.

Am I the only one who has noticed this?
    Nope, once I hear their voice I can remember it and associate it with that person, this goes for both guys and girls.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I don't think gender matters when trying to recognize voices in vent. When I join a new vent I usually recognize the guild leaders or raider leaders voice first and only listen to that one if it's an important one. I usually ask if there is anyone else who is important and learn their voice quickly as well. After a week though I am able to recognize anyone's voice male or female. It just takes time and consistency with the same people over and over.

Thought we had a 6 year old boy in our raid group for a while.

Deleted
    It's like with faces. For example, if I meet a Korean, the facial traits I will notice as different from the people I usually talk to are (mostly) the traits that are common for a lot of Koreans, so I wouldn't be able to tell several Koreans apart unless I got to spend enough time around them to notice how they look different. It's the same the other way around, I'm quite sure.

So.. if you're not used to talking to girls online (without faces attached), it could easily be the same thing. You just notice that it's a woman's voice, and only when another woman joins the channel, you have to learn the difference between their voices.

Deleted
    If I know what they sound like, sure.

Er... Yes. Easily. You really need some better headphones/speakers if you can't tell the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    O_o

What? I'm going to say that that is not very common.

Deleted
    We had that problem in my old guild, and to make it worse, every guy changed accent and voice tone after 5 minutes so they sounded like our raidleader, I am still sure that one day, that leader will go crazy from talking to "himself" all the time

I've been involved in a couple of raids before where I was the only guy there. I didn't have any problems telling the voices apart. Though the same thing applies to both men and women - I don't get to the point where I can tell who's who until I've heard them enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very easily.

How is this even a question?

I have difficulty with telling any voice apart at first, but after a while it'll stick.