Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    customizing present participle of cus·tom·ize
    Verb

Modify (something) to suit a particular individual or task.

You're modifying your gear to accomplish a task. Customizing doesn't mean making you different from everyone else.
    Or an individual, in which case the definition fails. There is an implication of being optional when one says 'customizability', which Enchantments in their present form do not offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    I wouldn't miss it. On average, when you get an upgrade...you can't even use it til you gem/enchant and reforge it ie after the raid. It's pointlessly time consuming
    People nowadays treat WoW less like a game and more like a race. There should be a happy medium between getting lost in the world and trying to be the best player in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd welcome the removal of gemming and enchanting, even though I'm an enchanter myself. just trade all those "enchant this" and "enchant that" for crafting wands, staves, off-hands, spell shields, gear, mounts and more pets.

it's not like there's anything interesting to do with them. there's always that one group of optimal gems and enchants you'll be using from the expansion's release to it's final breath. at least reforging is dynamic (but I hate it too, anyway).
    How is reforging dynamic...you reforge to the best possible secondary from the worst possible secondary ALL the time....If a piece for me has haste/mastery i reforge mastery for crit. Crit/mastery, I reforge nastery for haste. Hit/mastery, depending on my cap level i reforge mastery for haste? How is that in any way dynamic?

For dps gemming an enchanting dont seem so important as there is 99% time an optimal way to do it. For Healers and Tanks there is slightly more choice. You can gem stamina for magic damage fights, or dodge/parry/mastery for melee damage fights, as a healer you can go for more spirit to last longer, or to go for more throughput if the requirements are higher but with more downtime.
    If Ench and JC were removed the game would be one more step towards world of casualcraft.

I don't see any advantage to gemming and enchanting. They're effectively just stats that must be on the item that need to be put in place via spending gold.

The sight of a meta gem slot makes me cringe every time I replace a helm. There's always only ever a single meta gem appropriate to what you want to do with yourself anyways; making the whole "customization" angle completely moot.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Variety in things that optimize your character is nigh on impossible. The talents flat out failed at this. Glyphs practically did too. There is always an optimal build for any given situation. People need to stop ragging on Blizzard for the impossible.
    Of course there will always be min/maxing, but with a lot of the talents the average player is able to remain viable regardless of their talent choice.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The only interesting enchants are the weapon ones. 170 mastery to bracers or 300 stamina to chest is not interesting and it certainly isn't ground breaking. As for gems, the only classes that really have choices are tanks and healers. For dps there will always be a set priority based on socket bonuses to maximize dps.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    How is reforging dynamic...you reforge to the best possible secondary from the worst possible secondary ALL the time....If a piece for me has haste/mastery i reforge mastery for crit. Crit/mastery, I reforge nastery for haste. Hit/mastery, depending on my cap level i reforge mastery for haste? How is that in any way dynamic?
    you reforge to hit till you get the cap, than you reforge your best stat. also, because the new gear you get is always different from other gear, the path to the hitcap is never the same. that may not be awesome dynamics, but it's infinitely more dynamic than that one set of enchants and gems you'll use from fu dogs to garrosh hellscream.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, they'd just have to fill in the blanks.

jewelcrafting can use gems to make shiny gear made of jewels. paladins love that sort of shit. especially draenei paladins, those like to dress up in crystals. http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/345326.jpg

enchanting could make enchanted gear made of... magic.
    I'm a paladin. I wouldn't love that shit. Maybe some RP'ers would, but it would be a shitstorm.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or an individual, in which case the definition fails. There is an implication of being optional when one says 'customizability', which Enchantments in their present form do not offer.
    Where is the implication?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I'm a paladin. I wouldn't love that shit. Maybe some RP'ers would, but it would be a shitstorm.
    why, don't you like the blue crotchguard?

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What the hell is the "easy way out"?

Create more gamers?

Wah?
    As opposed to actually attempting to make engaging content that appeals to a wide variety of players, he's just focusing on the easiest targets and tailoring content exclusively for them.

I will admit he did try this for the first tier of WotLK and Cataclysm, but as soon as the casuals started crying, he simply gave up on the remaining tiers rather than attempting to try to make a well rounded game.

Edit:
    Actually, I have to give him credit for Icecrown Citadel as well. If you ignore the zone wide buff, it was actually done quite well.
    Last edited by Tilde; 2013-02-03 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you reforge to hit till you get the cap, than you reforge your best stat. also, because the new gear you get is always different from other gear, the path to the hitcap is never the same. that may not be awesome dynamics, but it's infinitely more dynamic than that one set of enchants and gems you'll use from fu dogs to garrosh hellscream.
    Even without hit, it would be dynamic owing to haste/crit plateaus and other junk. Hit (and Mastery) are both stats I think could be done away with.

10+ Year Old Account
    why, don't you like the blue crotchguard?
    Well, now that you mention it. WAIT!!!! I GOT IT!!!

JC-Can now craft crotchguards
    Enchanters-Can now craft leopard print banana slings
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    I would at least want to keep the visual aspect of enchanting for looks, and maybe change it so gloves/feet enchants added a visual as well if they removed stats. Make it 100% cosmetic customization. Gemming I feel like there are to many stats to choose from where you get gem wrong to easily. I would get rid of multi colored gems green,orange,purple. But then make the gem bonuses really big so players just dont gram X int gems in every slot. Its min/maxing imo that hurts the system more then the choir of getting all the chants gems etc.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Yes that is a choice, playing a healer there is more then 1 right choice to what gems you use depending on what you need and what kind of role you want to fulfill as a healer, also need to balance mana regen and throughput with it, the days of stacking intellect as a thumb rule is gone.
    what is different now?right you don't stack intellect anymore, but you still stack something else. You go to haste cap, and then there is a best gem you have to use, name it intellect, or spirit. I don't really think there is a choice, especially for enchanting...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes it feels a little overwhelming but I'd probably still miss it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    He's a fine designer and developer who has helped make the game evolve for the market and thus save Blizzard from having subscribers go from 12 million to 0.

He'll be staying around for a while.

You made me laugh REALLY hard reading that!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Not for a second - also can´t see how its hard figuring out what gear to pick from. Its however not exactly fun picking gear atm. There is less choice now than there was back when you "didn´t " know what stats to go for, since you need a minimum of certain stats to do well.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Even without hit, it would be dynamic owing to haste/crit plateaus and other junk. Hit (and Mastery) are both stats I think could be done away with.
    personally, I like mastery. it does one different thing depending on what your class and spec is, so it contributes to spec differentiation.

in an utopic reality, blizz will balance the contribution of all stats, so they'll all give you exactly the same amount of dps, which means you just grab your favorite one. if you like attacking more, take haste. if you like bigger numbers, take crit. if you like to be "classy", take mastery.

they had kind of hit that sweet spot in demonology earlier on the expansion, but I'm not sure if it's still like that (it's been ages since I last took a look on theorycrafting results).

I dunno I wouldn't really miss gems as they are just standardized stat bonuses.
    Enchanting on the otherhand offers some fun random procs but i wouldn't mind the removal of all the standard +stat enchants

In the end they could merge whatever is left between the 2 tradeskills into inscription.