Poll: Your favorite class for Tanking?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warlock tank is MY favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Well I'm not sure about other people but when I envision a tank he's a bad ass in plate armour with a shield, and bears just don't have any of those .
    Also the FAT bear ass isn't helping :/

Deleted
    Hard question. I like them all except paladin, actually.

Deleted
    Definitely monk, love it!

Seems the DK popularity is closer to Warr/Pala now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    I just have to do this...
    You have a druid and a bear tank... intresting... :P
    maybe the bear is pandaren monk xD so he is basically bear...

Deleted
    I have a Paladin, Monk, Druid and Warrior tank. I find my warrior the most fun to tank with followed by Monk, Druid and Paladin last.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Also the FAT bear ass isn't helping :/
    the fat acts as a shock absorber and also makes it harder for blows that land to penetrate to lethal depths

I haven't played a monk tank yet, but I've played the others and I'd say I vastly prefer the rage tanks, especially warriors. I find warrior mobility through Charge extremely enjoyable in particular, and that's a big part of what makes them my favorite tank. The others just don't have that kind of mobility.

Love for bears is still too damn low :/

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Well I'm not sure about other people but when I envision a tank he's a bad ass in plate armour with a shield, and bears just don't have any of those .
    Ya bear form should be replaced with tortoise form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I haven't played a monk tank yet, but I've played the others and I'd say I vastly prefer the rage tanks, especially warriors. I find warrior mobility through Charge extremely enjoyable in particular, and that's a big part of what makes them my favorite tank. The others just don't have that kind of mobility.
    Try monk. Roll is like charge without target restriction, can even strafe roll or backwards roll. And clash is combo between charge and deathgrip, you meet up in middle with your mob.

warlocks.

I don't care if blizzard wants me to dps, I love tanking as a lock!

(I have a paladin and a DK as max level. they aren't nearly as fun. warriors and druids are boring IMHO. warrior = no magic = lame, druid = hippie)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done a fair amount of tanking as a Paladin, Deathknight, and Feral Druid. I quite the game before I ever had a chance to raid tank on my Warrior.

In my experience DK was the most fun. I enjoyed the offensive style of tanking. Dishing out damage was an important role of tanking on a DK and I enjoyed that. It felt more proactive than the other classes. Paladin was boring and Feral Druid and Warrior felt more reactive which isn't a style I generally enjoy.

Quite a few "warlock tanks" in the comments

10+ Year Old Account
    Use to love my Druid as my main Tank, but since Monk came in MoP I love it so much.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I don't tank myself, but seeing a warrior in that role feels the best. I think the reason for that dates back to Vanilla, when the only Horde tanks were druids and warriors, and I don't really like druids.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I don't tank myself, but seeing a warrior in that role feels the best. I think the reason for that dates back to Vanilla, when the only Horde tanks were druids and warriors, and I don't really like druids.
    Seems no one really likes druids xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight. The correct answer for any class-preference related question is Death Knight. Favorite dps? Death Knight. Favorite tank? Death Knight. Favorite Soloist? Death Knight. Favorite Lore? Death Knight. Favorite abilities? Death Knight. Favorite healer? Death Knight (as of 5.2 with Blood Worms hitting for 1mil). Favorite Transmog sets? Death Knight.

Monk is really fun, love the mechanics.
    I just wish they would find some way to make breath of fire a little better to use.