Poll: Would you date/be friends with a monster?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

What if monsters were real?

What if monsters were real and all the members of the gender you like would be monsters? Would you date one?

I mean real monsters, like vampires and ghouls, werewolves and ghosts, mummies and mermaids (tritons too), centaurs and minotaurs, zombies and wraiths, skeletons and yetis, big feet and cat people, reptilians and cyclopses, demons and gorgons, ogres, orcs and trolls etc.

No monsters are too human, so there are none just ladies with a simple tail or something. Only true creatures considered monsters in stories and they'd always be in their monster looks, so the werewolves would always be wolf-men/women, never humans.

So, would you date a monster miss/mister if you liked them? Would you even accept to be friends with them?

Edit: they'd be as regular humans in terms of personalities, so some (a minority, like 5%) are murderous savages, but most are not. Though you still have to take their powers in mind, gorgons can turn you to stone by looking at you for example.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-02-04 at 06:03 PM.

Suddenly - necrophiliacs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be totally awesome as long as they aren't murderous savages.

If some were nice "monsters" then I suppose friendship would be doable, but I highly doubt I'd date a "monster".

10+ Year Old Account
    Greatly depends on the kind of monster and level of "monsterness".

Yes:
    - mermaid
    - demons (not all imaginable forms)
    - vampires
    - ghosts
    - cat people

No:
    - everything else

As friends every kind is imanigable.

Friends sure, not even a doubt.

Dating? depends on how they look (if repugnant not so much) vampires would likely look very human, and some demons as well (succubus) as long neither killed me during sex lol, i would likely date yes.

If my vampire girlfriend anything like let me in then hell yeah!

Well, if they are mostly human looking and good looking, then yes. Vampires, Were in human form, etc are romance-able.

I could be friends with any of them, as long as they aren't out to steal my soul or drain me dry.

And then I'm not so sure that some of these aren't real. No proof that they do exist isn't proof to the contrary.

Plus, being a Vampire would be badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then damn, all my hours watching Supernatural are going to come in handy.

And if there were cool ones I'd totally be friends with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Greatly depends on the kind of monster and level of "monsterness".

Yes:
    - mermaid
    - demons (not all imaginable forms)
    - vampires
    - ghosts
    - cat people

No:
    - everything else

As friends every kind is imanigable.
    Not blue aliens?!
    Thinking about it, i would have less problem forming a relationship emotional attachment with a non human than with an ugly human... non humanness is not really an issue in my mind thinking about it, its more how it looks and how pleasant it is to.

Well, if they're friendly, great. If not, then it sounds like it's open season.

Deleted
    If they look anything like Ashley greene from twilight hell yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think media like video games, movies etc. especially in the last 20 - 30 years has made many people very accept the idea of coexisting with other humanoids that aren't human (see Avatar for example). But if it comes to mythical beasts like dragons that have human-like or superior intelligence, but not humanoid appearance you'd be more hard pressed to find acceptance in most communities. Main reason for this is probably that there has never really been a debate or an attempt to raise public awareness on this, since monsters just don't exist period. If they did, in todays society I think it'd be regarded the way mixed couples were in the 19th century, maybe worse, since many sources even into the mid-20th century viewed non-caucasians as an entirely different species - this matter would be an entirely different "animal" .
    I personally have watched way too much Star Trek to not be open-minded towards non-humanoid beings with human-level intelligence, that actually have an interest in interacting with us - if they were to exist. Pity, it would make life so much more interesting.

Depends on the type of monster, and how they actually would look. I mean... I have my fetishes...
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I mean real monsters, like vampires and ghouls, werewolves and ghosts, mummies and mermaids (tritons too), centaurs and minotaurs, zombies and wraiths, skeletons and yetis, big feet and cat people, reptilians and cyclopses, demons and gorgons, ogres, orcs and trolls etc.
    Zombies. What? Who in their right mind would date a rotting corpse? Sure it might have a nice personality, people in the end stage of dying from ebola also have nice personalities but i really do not see a future either way

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    If they look anything like Ashley greene from twilight hell yes.
    Dont use twilight for monsters T_T
    Those things arent vampires and those things arent werewolves (more like wolfweres actually or shapeshifters)

Anyway *shrugs* yeah if they are attractive it helps but doesnt have to.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Zombies. What? Who in their right mind would date a rotting corpse? Sure it might have a nice personality, people in the end stage of dying from ebola also have nice personalities but i really do not see a future either way
    If a zombie truly dead, then things such as ebola wouldnt proliferate in his body, viruses need a living organism to survive and can only survive a very limited amount of time outside of the body, unless they... cant remember the name right now, but can survive for centuries dormant

Well if they were real I think we should be exterminating them. We shouldn't allow things that may having the chance of knocking humans off of the top to exist.

Deleted
    I am laughing at those saying they would date vampires and where werewolves, whatever happened to the old movies when these monsters were evil and showed no mercy? You cannot change the nature of a beast, you can only hope to tame it and hope it doesn't snap one day.