Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Interrupt Hacking is working currently in Mists of Pandaria wtf!?

    Hey guys,
    I was doing some arenas with friends and I encountered this guy who was shamelessly 100% using Interrupt hacks. I didn't even know this was still a thing in MoP....Here's some evidence:

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk Zogarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,883
    Nothing new here, people hack all the time.

  3. #3
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    171
    if u cast with immediate stopcast u will juke him 100%

  4. #4
    There was a thread on AJ not so long ago that said interrupt hacking was back, glad there is some proof. Hopefully Blizz will do something about it before it gets completely out of hand.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    There was a thread on AJ not so long ago that said interrupt hacking was back, glad there is some proof. Hopefully Blizz will do something about it before it gets completely out of hand.
    Blizzard always asks for proof etc. Let's hope this is enough..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    if u cast with immediate stopcast u will juke him 100%
    no you wont
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Paq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Scotland!
    Posts
    445
    As long as there is some competitiveness within a game, there will always be cheaters

    Name n shame: --REMOVED--

    Infracted. Shame on you!
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-05 at 02:09 PM.

  8. #8
    Disgusting that there are people out there who think cheating is the best way to go about winning. Someone should take them out to the desert...

  9. #9
    I came across a similar thing the other night with a mage in AB playing my rogue.

    My character was sheeped and the mage was in combat with other classes. 0.1 sec after it breaks I am hit by an instant cast sheep without him even switching targets, moving, stopping casting or anything to target me.

    Having experienced that, I am fairly sure that addons exist to automate interrupts and enable cc renewals for max DR. He reacted way too fast for a human in combination to the other instants he was pumping out when he sheeped me.
    Last edited by Briga; 2013-02-05 at 01:40 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    no you wont
    It does work. The interrupt hacks interrupt your cast as soon as it starts. If you start a cast and cancel it instantly then you'll pretty much be guaranteed to fake the interrupt because of lag.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome a C e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore
    Posts
    530
    did you try posting the video in official forums for a Gm response?
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I came across a similar thing the other night with a mage in AB playing my rogue.

    My character was sheeped and the mage was in combat with other classes. 0.1 sec after it breaks I am hit by an instant cast sheep without him even switching targets, moving, stopping casting or anything to target me.

    Having experienced that, I am fairly sure that addons exist to automate interrupts and enable cc renewals for max DR. He reacted way too fast for a human in combination to the other instants he was pumping out when he sheeped me.
    Could he not just have a mouseover macro?
    "Moral reason must learn how to make coercion its ally without running the risk of a Pyrrhic victory in which the ally exploits and negates the triumph."

  13. #13
    Mechagnome a C e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore
    Posts
    530
    if you notice that the dk goes afk and he still interrupts spells.
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

  14. #14
    Dreadlord glowzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bucket of sponges
    Posts
    840
    Seen allot of these around.
    Is a free win for me personally, since I can just cast a spell in another school, and they'll interupt that insantly, meaning I lose no time faking.

    Some dps/healers are pretty screwed tho.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I came across a similar thing the other night with a mage in AB playing my rogue.

    My character was sheeped and the mage was in combat with other classes. 0.1 sec after it breaks I am hit by an instant cast sheep without him even switching targets, moving, stopping casting or anything to target me.

    Having experienced that, I am fairly sure that addons exist to automate interrupts and enable cc renewals for max DR. He reacted way too fast for a human in combination to the other instants he was pumping out when he sheeped me.
    This is just good play with the use of mouseover macros/focus frames...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Could he not just have a mouseover macro?
    I was surrounded by players, shaman totems, even a couple of tauren so if he was mouseovering he was damn good at it.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I was surrounded by players, shaman totems, even a couple of tauren so if he was mouseovering he was damn good at it.
    He could've just set you to focus and watched for it to almost fall, popped pom then sheeped you with a focus poly macro.

    Maybe he was using a cheat, there's that possibility, but who knows. It's possible he just PvPs a lot and has focus macros.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I was surrounded by players, shaman totems, even a couple of tauren so if he was mouseovering he was damn good at it.
    Arena frames. No good PvPer worth their salt targets via nameplates/world.

    I time my CCs (especially Cyclone) to hit immediately after the previous one fades. With DoT timers, this is a trivial task.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-02-05 at 09:24 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I was surrounded by players, shaman totems, even a couple of tauren so if he was mouseovering he was damn good at it.
    What race do you play? Mouseover on goblins and gnomes is a pita, Tauren with zerker on the otherhand...

    disclaimer: I'm a baddie

    I use a mouseover macro for my Hammer of Justice, and assuming you can macro PoM into Polymorph, it seems like the two things are the same, i.e. instant CC. I've been mouseovering for years, and whilst I do throw the odd arena match by HoJ'ing a totem (*cough*) I still enjoy the flexability to HoJ someone who isn't my target (should use [target=focus] and do it properly I know)
    "Moral reason must learn how to make coercion its ally without running the risk of a Pyrrhic victory in which the ally exploits and negates the triumph."

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    He could've just set you to focus and watched for it to almost fall, popped pom then sheeped you with a focus poly macro.

    Maybe he was using a cheat, there's that possibility, but who knows. It's possible he just PvPs a lot and has focus macros.
    perhaps, I don't think they should allow so much automation with macros though.

    Edit: oh and race is a goblin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •