Page 1 of 114
1
2
3
11
51
101
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Boy... this makes me really eager to stop advocating mens rights...

    Posting this from a phone. Will elaborate soon.

    http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...and_steal.html

    I see nothing wrong with "little white lies" to be quite honest. Everyone tells them.

    I find the "50% of women would lie about whose child they were carrying" and "42% would lie about birth control if they wished to become pregnant in spite of the wishes of their partner" to be very disquieting, however.
    Last edited by Laize; 2013-01-16 at 06:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Nothing new there, I do my best to stay neutral but it gets harder and harder over time.

  3. #3
    Meh, I've stopped advocating ANYBODIES' rights.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  4. #4
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    26,003
    I hate to resort to ad hominem, as it is quite hypocritical of me, but the article is from menmedia.co.uk? I wouldn't exactly hold that to be the pillar of unbiasness on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I hate to resort to ad hominem, as it is quite hypocritical of me, but the article is from menmedia.co.uk? I wouldn't exactly hold that to be the pillar of unbiasness on the subject.
    The survey being referenced was done for a completely unrelated magazine.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,712
    wait what am i not getting here ?
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  7. #7
    This survey means nothing. There is no way to reach a logical conclusion like "Women are bad because of X" when you cannot compare their decisions against similar decisions of men. You might as well decide that women's rights aren't worth defending because Kit Kat bars are crunchy and the orange juice you drank yesterday was somewhat tart.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,095
    Women manipulate men, even dastardly-like. News at 11.

  9. #9
    The Insane Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,963
    Well - no one is forcing you to have unprotected sex with em!

  10. #10
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    26,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    The survey being referenced was done for a completely unrelated magazine.
    Then I'd like to see men's studies before I base an opinion on gender rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  11. #11
    I don't think I'm getting the right message here Laize, from your post it seems you are actually wanting to advocate mens rights more. But from your title it seems you want to stop. Please elaborate.

    OT: The article was posted on a shoddy website, and I'm not sure how trustworthy the original survey is, so I'll just hold off on having a strong opinion on this.

  12. #12
    Basically what the article shows is that modern attitudes to sex and fidelity need to be re-thought.

    Its unreasonable to expect your partner to stay faithful to you for one. I don't expect my girlfriend to be faithful to me, I merely expect her to be subtle about it and not catch any STDs or pregnancies while she is at it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I hate to resort to ad hominem, as it is quite hypocritical of me, but the article is from menmedia.co.uk? I wouldn't exactly hold that to be the pillar of unbiasness on the subject.
    You know "men" in "menmedia" stands for "Manchester Evening News" right? lol

    I'm not at all surprised by the result of this survey.

  14. #14
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    26,003
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    You know "men" in "menmedia" stands for "Manchester Evening News" right? lol

    I'm not at all surprised by the result of this survey.
    No, I did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  15. #15
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,602
    Well thats... worrying to say the least.

  16. #16
    High Overlord Daskapital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    160
    * The survey questioned 5,000 women, average age 38, across England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
    So...you choose to interpret the data as meaning that women are oppressing men? You could just as easily use it to conclude that people from Great Britain are assholes.

  17. #17
    Could we get the same survey for men and see who is worse?

  18. #18
    I believe this to be fundamentally relevant to this topic.



    To be honest over the years I learned never to trust a woman. Take everything you are told with a modicum of healthy disbelief. It will save you ton of headache.

    Alas. Always I mean ALWAYS stand up for equality. Treat a woman as your peer, fuck it even be a gentleman when it comes to the little things. But always consider a woman a person and nothing more or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Could we get the same survey for men and see who is worse?
    It's not about who is worse or better. I imagine men are at least as likely to lie about most things.

    As I said, the things in the survey that bothered me were the 50% likelihood of lying about who the father of the child she was carrying was, and the 42% likelihood of sabotaging birth control if she wanted to get pregnant and her partner did not.

    Those are major, life-altering lies. Even if you say men can sabotage birth control as well, there's no guarantee the woman won't abort and even taking that out and ignoring the abortion issue there remains the 50% likelihood a woman would lie if she were carrying another man's child.

  20. #20
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    Try not to hold grudges about entire swathes of the global population based on bullshit, that's my motto.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •