1. #1

    Frustrating amber shaper bug

    Up to near 40 wipes on this now which in itself is annoying enough, but a lot of these seemed to be caused by the boss melee swinging constructs in phase one. For example we have one tank transformed and another tank on the boss, but as he starts to transform the 2nd tank he turns around and melee swings the 1st one during his cast and instantly kills them because of the willpower drain on his melee attacks. Anyone else run into this and know if it's caused by something specific?

  2. #2
    have the first tank get out during the amber scalpel...

  3. #3
    Never really encountered that in neither 10man nor 25man. How are your tanks handling aggro in that phase? Are they taunting somewhere close to MC? Do they have taunt bound to a button (normally 1) they smash when entering the Construct?

    edit: Wut, both tanks transformed? Than no wonder oO

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,674
    It isn't a bug, you need to break out the first tank before the second one gets reshaped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  5. #5
    I'm aware you need to get the first tank out, he's still supposed to ignore the threat of anyone transformed anyway though.
    More important since we only 2 tank this and rely on a rogue/warrior to tank during flings - he usually just ignores the threat of the transformed tank in p2 but we've had him spin around and melee the construct once there as well
    Last edited by Animma; 2013-02-06 at 11:06 PM.

  6. #6
    He doesn't ignore people in the constructs. You'll notice they're almost always second on threat. If a construct is second on threat and the tank gets flung, the construct will get hit by the monstrosity.

    This is not a bug; manage threat and transformations correctly.

  7. #7
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    It isn't a bug, you need to break out the first tank before the second one gets reshaped.
    The truth, this man speaks it.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    I'm aware you need to get the first tank out, he's still supposed to ignore the threat of anyone transformed anyway though.
    More important since we only 2 tank this and rely on a rogue/warrior to tank during flings - he usually just ignores the threat of the transformed tank in p2 but we've had him spin around and melee the construct once there as well
    We were noticing this yesterday on Amber Shaper, though it was in P1 that he was doing it. We do the 8th scalpel strat, so spend a long time in p1, long enough that the transformed tanks have to start turning their back so they are only ever hitting the boss when they need to keep the debuff up, and even when they're nowhere near threat, Amber Shaper would occasionally just abruptly turn around and punch one of them, even though he'd have a non-transformed tank on top of threat doing just fine.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 04:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    The truth, this man speaks it.
    Even if you've got 3 tanks and he's got a valid tank currently tanking him?

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  9. #9
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    We were noticing this yesterday on Amber Shaper, though it was in P1 that he was doing it. We do the 8th scalpel strat, so spend a long time in p1, long enough that the transformed tanks have to start turning their back so they are only ever hitting the boss when they need to keep the debuff up, and even when they're nowhere near threat, Amber Shaper would occasionally just abruptly turn around and punch one of them, even though he'd have a non-transformed tank on top of threat doing just fine.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 04:15 PM ----------



    Even if you've got 3 tanks and he's got a valid tank currently tanking him?
    OP is referring to 2tanking it, if you have 3 tanks he won't do it unless you have all 3 tanks in constructs (or 2 and the 3rd getting reshaped)
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    He doesn't ignore people in the constructs. You'll notice they're almost always second on threat. If a construct is second on threat and the tank gets flung, the construct will get hit by the monstrosity.

    This is not a bug; manage threat and transformations correctly.
    Not sure this is true, I'm always second on threat as the construct and this just doesn't happen 99% of the time, he always ignores me besides the odd time he decides i'm worth 1 melee swing.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    OP is referring to 2tanking it, if you have 3 tanks he won't do it unless you have all 3 tanks in constructs (or 2 and the 3rd getting reshaped)
    Yeah, that's what I thought. We definitely didn't have all 3 tanks in constructs when he'd simply turn around and punch our lowest construct. But, I didn't mean to hijack the thread at all, so hopefully it just doesn't happen tonight.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  12. #12
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought. We definitely didn't have all 3 tanks in constructs when he'd simply turn around and punch our lowest construct. But, I didn't mean to hijack the thread at all, so hopefully it just doesn't happen tonight.
    Mere speculation on my behalf, but i've seen DRW cause some funky threat bugs, especially on ambershaper. did you have a DK tank at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Mere speculation on my behalf, but i've seen DRW cause some funky threat bugs, especially on ambershaper. did you have a DK tank at all?
    We do, actually. I can't remember if he was the only one getting hit, but I'll double check with him tonight, will tell him to just avoid using DRW during the first phase and see if it makes any difference.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  14. #14
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    We do, actually. I can't remember if he was the only one getting hit, but I'll double check with him tonight, will tell him to just avoid using DRW during the first phase and see if it makes any difference.
    Hopefully it sorts out any issues for you!
    We used to.. cleverly use.. the DRW threat bug, I was the only one that could do the construct properly for all of p2, so if our DK and I were tanking, pally in the construct, and we're about to hit our final reshape, our DK would pop DRW just before reshape and he would NEVER get targetted (For all of progression/farm).

    Not sure what causes it, but it does seem like it could possibly be the root of your issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •