Thread: Pve = Pvfos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Clearly I was wrong in this case, that is pretty ridiculous to hand out a FoS for a normal mode kill.
    Last edited by Conatzer; 2013-02-06 at 12:10 PM. Reason: read front page, saw I was wrong, corrected myself.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Originally FoS were supposed to show some special kind of Achievement that not anyone can easily complete or to show a very special feat from the past.
    Not easy to complete? A very special feat from the past? Let me show you one of the earliest Feats of Strength: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2398

    Yep, logging into the game. That sure was difficult.

  3. #23
    The real Feat of Strength is doing this on these horribly underpopulated servers. There are only 2 Horde guilds who have killed Shekzeer on my server. No 25 man guilds at all.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Not easy to complete? A very special feat from the past? Let me show you one of the earliest Feats of Strength: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2398

    Yep, logging into the game. That sure was difficult.
    Those WoW Birthday Achievements were used to be linked to pets, to make it clear that this pet was an reward from an Achievement / Event and did not fall under any other Achievement category, it was moved to FoS.

    For the 4th B-day of that would be http://www.wowhead.com/npc=32841.
    The 5th added the Onyxian Whelpling, after that, they stopped with pets but continued those FoS for the reason below.

    And then Blizzard continued to bring those as FoS because people tend to complain if there's no Achievement for something that earned an Achievement a year before.

    Same applies for those Steins from the Brewfest, people complained when there was no 2010 or 2011 Stein, i don't remember correctly which one is missing.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-06 at 12:28 PM.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Those WoW Birthday Achievements were used to be linked to pets, to make it clear that this pet was an reward from an Achievement / Event and did not fall under any other Achievement category, it was moved to FoS.

    For the 4th B-day of that would be http://www.wowhead.com/npc=32841.
    The 5th added the Onyxian Whelpling, after that, they stopped with pets but continued those FoS for the reason below.

    And then Blizzard continued to bring those as FoS because people tend to complain if there's no Achievement for something that earned an Achievement a year before.

    Same applies for those Steins from the Brewfest, people complained when there was no 2010 or 2011 Stein, i don't remember correctly which one is missing.
    The fact that they had pets is irrelevant (and if anything counters your point further). They were always feats of strength, they were never achievements.

    Simply put, these new FoS's are for doing something within a certain time period.

    The birthday FoS's are for doing something within a certain time period.

    There's basically no difference, and if anything the new FoS's are more difficult to accomplish and reward you with LESS than the original birthday FoS's.

    You said:

    Normal Mode are not special enough to fall under the "not anyone can easily complete" part and
    Normal Mode are still in the game with 5.2 and already have an Achievement, therefore are still doable.
    So how is logging into the game more special than killing normal mode bosses? And while normal mode bosses will still be in the game, they will be nerfed by 10%, and we'll be getting a bunch of near gear to severely outgear them. They will never be the same as they were during 5.0/5.1, ergo we have a Feat of Strength for them.

  6. #26
    Actually, they can be the same as they were in 5.0/5.1 by turning the buff off, so technically, its the same fight.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The fact that they had pets is irrelevant (and if anything counters your point further). They were always feats of strength, they were never achievements.
    Because it was clear from the implementation that they become unobtainable sooner or later, which you can't say about Weapon Skills.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    So how is logging into the game more special than killing normal mode bosses? And while normal mode bosses will still be in the game, they will be nerfed by 10%, and we'll be getting a bunch of near gear to severely outgear them. They will never be the same as they were during 5.0/5.1, ergo we have a Feat of Strength for them.
    They could slap an Algalon / TotgC Mechanic on it, that way they would be similiar as they are now, which they did not, for a reason.

    With the logic "they will never be the same" you would even need an extra achievement for doing a quest achievement on low lvl which high lvl characters could not obtain.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-06 at 01:22 PM.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    Actually, they can be the same as they were in 5.0/5.1 by turning the buff off, so technically, its the same fight.
    I also said we will have vastly improved gear from the new raid, so no, it won't be.

    They could slap an Algalon / TotgC Mechanic on it, that way they would be similiar as they are now, which they did not, for a reason.

    With the logic "they will never be the same" you would even need an extra achievement for doing a quest achievement on low lvl which high lvl characters could not obtain.
    So why exactly are you so against FoS's for normal modes? The original point was because normal modes don't deserve them, to which I countered by showing a far easier FoS to obtain. Feats of Strength aren't just for difficult things; they're also for showing that you did something at a certain time point. Hence achievements for clearing old versions of raids (Onyxia, ZG/ZA, etc.), birthday achievements, completing achievements before they were removed, etc. etc.

    People have also been wanting some way of proving they did the content at the correct time, so here we are. Recognition for our work, be it perceived difficult or otherwise. The relative difficulty of the task is irrelevant to whether it is worthy of a Feat of Strength or not.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    So why exactly are you so against FoS's for normal modes? The original point was because normal modes don't deserve them, to which I countered by showing a far easier FoS to obtain. Feats of Strength aren't just for difficult things; they're also for showing that you did something at a certain time point.
    Hence achievements for clearing old versions of raids (Onyxia, ZG/ZA, etc.), birthday achievements, completing achievements before they were removed, etc. etc.

    People have also been wanting some way of proving they did the content at the correct time, so here we are. Recognition for our work, be it perceived difficult or otherwise. The relative difficulty of the task is irrelevant to whether it is worthy of a Feat of Strength or not.
    The bigger question is, why do we need them? Overall i found those Cutting Edge Achievements stupid as well, you killed a boss pre nerf, gratz, anything i could read out of the earned date as well, no need for an extra achievement.

    Those people that care about if you killed a Boss Pre Nerf or Post Nerf would look it up anyway because of hotfixes.

    And i don't see why something that has a timeframe of months to complete, which can be even pugged, needs a FoS, especially if there is already an Achievement in the game that tells you "You killed the Boss" which is untrue for certain other FoS.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  10. #30
    Because people enjoy being rewarded for their efforts. To receive recognition for their accomplishments. It's human nature to want to be recognised for your hard work.

    So y'know. The community asked for it, Blizzard thought it was a good idea, they implemented it. We don't need them, but they're fun. Where's the harm?

    Also:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'm fine with those Heroic FoS but Normal is just is not worth a FoS.
    The bigger question is, why do we need them? Overall i found those Cutting Edge Achievements stupid as well, you killed a boss pre nerf, gratz, anything i could read out of the earned date as well, no need for an extra achievement.
    ?
    Last edited by Kisho; 2013-02-06 at 02:31 PM.

  11. #31
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,847
    Feat of Strengths are something I love, but I do think giving them for Normal Mode is a little silly. Heroic Mode, I agree with, but Normal Mode seems pretty pointless.

    That said, I would love something to be able to look back on, and be reminded about the good times. I look back on my many Feats of Strength, and I love the nostalgia I feel from it!

    Note; I've yet to defeat tier 14 in Normal Mode yet, so not trying to be a special snowflake.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Because people enjoy being rewarded for their efforts. To receive recognition for their accomplishments. It's human nature to want to be recognised for your hard work.
    Yeah but you have been already rewarded with the clear Achievement, i think?


    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    ?
    I wrote that i personally i do not need those Heroic FoS, but i see them as more reasonable than normal modes.

    A bit unclear.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yeah but you have been already rewarded with the clear Achievement, i think?
    A reward which you can get by just clearing it in 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 6.0, 7.0, etc., whereas the FoS is the reward for doing it when it is current. That's the difference.

    I personally don't really mind and would never have been bothered about the FoS's if they weren't implemented, but now that they are I can't argue with them. It's a nice reward, bit of recognition. Can't complain.

    I wrote that i personally i do not need those Heroic FoS, but i see them as more reasonable than normal modes.

    A bit unclear.
    That's not what you said in the slightest, not just 'a bit unclear'. You've actually changed your opinion/argument on the matter over the course of the thread. Which is fine, just acknowledge that you have.

  14. #34
    Blademaster Grozzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In mother's basement
    Posts
    34
    What I worry about is seeing these achievements linked in trade 24/7 as people are trying to get people for their raids.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    A reward which you can get by just clearing it in 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 6.0, 7.0, etc., whereas the FoS is the reward for doing it when it is current. That's the difference.
    Again, look up the date and you see in which timeframe it has been killed, no need for an extra achievement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    That's not what you said in the slightest, not just 'a bit unclear'. You've actually changed your opinion/argument on the matter over the course of the thread. Which is fine, just acknowledge that you have.
    Nah, not really.

    I've been saying if they want to keep out those normal mode achievements because there is already an achievement that tells you "you killed this boss" it would be logical to remove the Heroic Achievements as well, but if they want to keep the Heroic Av's for a reason, i could understand this.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  16. #36
    so, just for clarification, while defeating emperors/empress/sha hc during 5.1 hands the "cutting edge" fos for each, people will actually receive a fos for completing them on normal?are you sure?

  17. #37
    Blademaster Omnomnoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Loli-land
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Crenshelia View Post
    so, just for clarification, while defeating emperors/empress/sha hc during 5.1 hands the "cutting edge" fos for each, people will actually receive a fos for completing them on normal?are you sure?
    Yes, as of today there are still plans to be Feat of Strength achievements for killing the end bosses on Normal mode.
    Per Wowhead: http://ptr.wowhead.com/search?q=ahead+of+the+curve
    Troll Shadow Priest
    Condemned (H) - Shadowsong US

  18. #38
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    And what i am saying is:
    Normal Mode are not special enough to fall under the "not anyone can easily complete" part and
    Normal Mode are still in the game with 5.2 and already have an Achievement, therefore are still doable.
    Normal modes don't have any special achievements associated with them. Clearing LFR grants you the same achievement.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Normal modes don't have any special achievements associated with them. Clearing LFR grants you the same achievement.
    Only the boss kill achievements, not all of them.

  20. #40
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    Only the boss kill achievements, not all of them.
    Well, the thread is about those.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 14/14H.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •