Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Jayburner threads always make me lol. What brand is it tonight?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The girl may have felt uncomfortable and guilty about becoming aroused by the scene and projected that into anger at you for causing her to feel that way.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Uh.. Oh no, a nipple when you're 18 years old. The trauma from that must be unrecoverable from. :/

this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Championn View Post
    Holy shit. Old People smoke?!?!?!?
    Some more than you can fathom. Heck, Jayburner isn't even that old. You want to see some real stoners, you need to find some old Simon and Garfunkle fans.

How is this awkward?!

She's legally an adult!

People really need to stop thinking there's something wrong with enjoying sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even like watching movies with kissing in it in front of my family.

She shouldn't make you feel bad, you didn't do anything wrong.
    If she mentions it again tell her it's not your problem and stop being a douchenozzle. c:

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    sister
    Family members easily feel awkward watching sex around each other. It really only takes the most base level of using a brain to understand this.

Just got yelled at up and down by my sister for not fast-forwarding fast enough during the sex scenes in Banshee.
    I suddenly want to watch this show.

I always know a thread going to be good when Jayburner starts it! Thank you jay for giving me good laughs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    because surprisingly enough they aren't connected in some kind of hive mind and would all react differentl
    Oh really? They don't even go to bathroom alone, and they always consult their girlfriends/sisters/mothers about everything. And most of the are pretty standart. A hive mind exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    She either A has an incest crush on you, and does not want you looking at other women

Or B she is attracted to women and gets all embarased to see them naked in front of others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Why would you fast-forward a scene in a movie/series? :/
    Thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    I mean, it is kind of awkward, but nothing beyond that really. Like I watch GoT and Spartacus sometimes with my sister, and when 'those' scenes come up, it is sort of awkward but I well, wtf can you do honestly, there's nothing wrong with you for not fast-forwarding imo.
    awkward? sounds like you (and many, many people in this thread here) have issues with the most normal thing in the world. prude americans? :-)

Deleted
    Well, I'm 20 so too old, I guess But sex scenes bother me a lot too when watching movies with family or older people in general. It's just so awkward. I wouldn't yell on anyone though. It's not like they made the movie..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Give me some slack okay..waiting on walking dead and true blood.
    /nods with approval at your taste in avatars and herb, sig, and shows.
    /ambles out of thread feeling better about the world.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

I don't know what's going on there over the atlantic that sex is seen as such a taboo even for adults.
    I'd say if the series has an age rating and your niece is above that rating AND wants to watch TV with you, then everything is fine. She's an adult and should make her own decisions. If *she* was feeling uncomfortable with the sex scene then *she* as an adult should tell you and not her mom. If I was your niece and realized that my mother yelled at my uncle for watching a TV show I enjoy the way we both want, I'd really yell back at her to mind her own business.

From my own experience with other girls, although us northern europeans might be much cooler when it comes to sexuality, most of us don't bother with non-explicit sex scenes in comics or TV shows from the ages 14-15+
    And violence/gore depends on the individual. It is not that teen girls are "delicate little flowers" that need to be protected from the big bad (fictional) world of adults.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    How is this awkward?!

She's legally an adult!

People really need to stop thinking there's something wrong with enjoying sex...
    As much as I agree in certain situations, people also need to stop pulling the "nothing wrong with sex" card so often. There may be nothing wrong with it in essence, but there's a time and place for everything.

Tell her if she doesn't want to see it she doesn't have to watch it =3 tell her to leave the room for those scenes. What a shame that sex seems to be such a taboo for her lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've gotten used to it, or gotten older and so it's not weird. Like I remember watching Queen Budicca when I was 12 or 13 or so with my parents, and it was awkward during the sex scenes (and there were a hell of a lot of them) even though they fast forwarded all the sex scenes, it was still really awkward because you could still see stuff happen through the fast forward.

But now I watch True Blood with my family and its not really awkward at all, just like any other scene really.

Deleted
    So she smokes weed and that is ok, but if she sees a nipple the sky is falling?

I can see why it might awkward watching a sex scene with a 40 year old uncle as an 18 year old girl.