Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's all fine, not until we have something like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbDPjrICgVM

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Changing it now will freak out a lot of people. Some people dont like change or anything that seems like a nerf.

Going from 350k crits back down to something in the regions of 100k/110k or even back to 56k will be a huge shock. Heck remember when 2.2k dps in tier 7 was a BIG deal? Can anyone imagine going back to that after the 70k/80k we are looking at now?
    Isn't that how much dps noobs did in LK dungeons?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Why does removing stats on gear getting us nowhere? It does, it gets us to the point where stat inflation doesn't matter, because it does not exist. I don't think that's too hard to understand.
    It's not bad in and of itself, but it is bad when it goes against the entire design of the game over the past eight years. The amount of work it would take to make the game function on purely cosmetic gear when it's had 8+ years of development based around the model of stat gear is absurd and frankly, in my opinion, not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    I might just do that. Another reason I might do it, is fanboys defending retarded concepts of their favourite games because they can and not because it is reasonable.
    Or, because, you know... they actually like it. Your use of harsh wording doesn't make your opinion any more valid than the opinion of anyone else. Terribly sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    The lvl 80 paly killing elegon crit over 13mln I think?
    Vengeance bug, not intended.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I'm hoping the squish happens soon. To me, the way gear was in Wrath was perfect. Having well geared tanks with 60-70k health and healers with 30-50k mana felt just right. I don't like the 100,000 + numbers that we had in Cata and the kind of health people have now and the numbers people can hit now is a little ridiculous.

Remember pretty clearly GC explaining how the unexpected addition of hardmodes in Ulduar led to their ilvl plans for the whole expansion getting completely fucked up. Makes me wonder why do they go and do the same thing now with Thunderforged stuff.
    GC is a moron... The reason ilvls got out of hand was his idea that players should not use gear from tbc in wotlk max lvl dungeons/raids (makes sense right? players surely shouldnt be able to use gear they worked for). So he pumped wotlk ilvls so high that it wasnt even funny. In TBC the BEST items ilvl was slightly above twice the level of players (164, in vanilla items from naxx were somethging around ilvl 90 which was 1.5x player lvl). Those were items from sunwell, from Kil'jaeden to be exact.
    In WOTLK the very first epic you could get, some craftable shit, was ilvl 200... the entry lvl epic... not the best one... just entry level trash. The moment i saw this ilvl i msged blizz that its a mistake and that ilvls will go out of hand if they wont change their policy. I was right and now numbers in game only add to the overall crappyness of the game, but hey, GC knows better... truth is, he is 2nd jay wilson...

I know i would just quit if they did the squish. I play MMO's to see my characters power progress. Suddenly having my numbers drop a huge margin because some people cant handle numbers they can't count on one hand would suck. I suggest to those people who want the squish play one of the plethora of new MMO's. You get the small numbers you want and no one else has to be forced to suffer a squish.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    Some people against the squish said that with the item squish, soloing old content would be lost (which it likely wouldn't).
    Please explain.

Because I think the only way the item squish WILL NOT affect soloing old content is if they reduce the difficulty of the instance depending on your (higher) level. At least, I don't see how it can work otherwise.

And, to be honest if the solution I've given is the only one (I welcome other suggestions!) then I don't think it's likely we'll see soloing old content again because that's a solution Blizzard most likely won't put any effort in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    In WOTLK the very first epic you could get, some craftable shit, was ilvl 200... the entry lvl epic... not the best one... just entry level trash. The moment i saw this ilvl i msged blizz that its a mistake and that ilvls will go out of hand if they wont change their policy. I was right and now numbers in game only add to the overall crappyness of the game, but hey, GC knows better... truth is, he is 2nd jay wilson...
    Numbers add to the crappyness of a game all about numbers? Every swing you take, whether it's chance to hit, what it hits for, what any DoTs it applies tick for and how fast they tick... All about numbers. If numbers bother you, this is not the game for you.

I'm yet to see one good valid reason for an item squish. Most of it is rubbish along the lines of "you idiots are just obsessed with big numbers", coming from people who apparently fear big numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Please explain.

Because I think the only way the item squish WILL NOT affect soloing old content is if they reduce the difficulty of the instance depending on your (higher) level. At least, I don't see how it can work otherwise.

And, to be honest if the solution I've given is the only one (I welcome other suggestions!) then I don't think it's likely we'll see soloing old content again because that's a solution Blizzard most likely won't put any effort in.
    Dude, please think... if they do the item squish they have to re-balance monster damage and hp too. They still balance old raids exactly because of soloing.

So your big argument for the big squish coming is that you cant see a ilvl of 700 happening in next expansion?

I'm sorry, but i dont see it as a real argument.

And soloing content WILL be affected because you are actually (significantly) reducing the increment of power between expansion, so you will be "overgearing" old content by a much smaller amount, therefore making it harder to solo it.

Item squish is stupid, people need to stop having fear for big numbers.

An ilvl of 700 is not much different than an ilvl of 500, 300 or even 75. They are just NUMBERS.

Dreadlord
    Are people really this stupid? That they think that people are talking about the item-squish because they themselves can't read the numbers...?
    You do realise that the game eventually can't handle the large numbers on it's own right? We're not there yet, but without a squish we will get there. Crits that instantly crashes the game for people because the client simply can't handle it.
    "Holy fuck I just crit for 47.026.432.67 guys! Yeah hold on, I'm repairing my client, I'll be back in the fight soon, pull me out of the dangerzone with life-grip in the meantime".
    It's amazing what kinda monkies plays this game, pull your head out of your arse please.

Please post civilly.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-02-06 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    The main thing is that everything is easier with smaller numbers. It allows for greater accuracy on Blizzard's part with balancing, and it's a lot easier for us to deal with smaller numbers when theorycrafting.

This is wrong.

Big numbers allow for greater accuracy.

Small numbers mean you cant be as accurate.

If you have a number of 1.000.000 you can choose to make a small increment of 1.

If you have the number 1, the smaller increment you can do without adding commas is 1, which is doubling the power.

I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    Are people really this stupid? That they think that people are talking about the item-squish because they themselves can't read the numbers...?
    You do realise that the game eventually can't handle the large numbers on it's own right? We're not there yet, but without a squish we will get there. Crits that instantly crashes the game for people because the client simply can't handle it.
    "Holy fuck I just crit for 47.026.432.67 guys! Yeah hold on, I'm repairing my client, I'll be back in the fight soon, pull me out of the dangerzone with life-grip in the meantime".
    It's amazing what kinda monkies plays this game, pull your head out of your arse please.
    You are the one being that thing you call others. Your computer can handle bigger numbers than you can think off. The problem is Blizzard using the data type Int instead os Int64. If they change it to Int64, they can get numbers you will never ever see in WoW without a problem.

So instead of trying to bash others with things you have no clue about and insulting them, you should thing about the thigns you are saying because not only they are wrong, but you are behaving like a troll.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-02-06 at 01:16 PM.

either they just need to set a few codes like MaxHealthpoints=MaXHealthpoints/10 Stats=Stats/10 and so on and let them run throught the game code what would be pretty easy or its much fucking work and way more complicated than that. regardless of that there are many encounter specific mechanics that would bug out and need to get fixed by hand like vehiclebosses or will of the emperor 500k hit... there are countless mechanics like that. to fix all that stuff it would need as much work as making a new raid instance... just to fix old encounters no one cares.

i personally dont care about item squish but im against it since it will cost time that could be spent better. just let me hit for 100,74 Megadmg with lvl 100 i dont fkin care if we get 2 new ulduar/ICCs instead

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    An ilvl of 700 is not much different than an ilvl of 500, 300 or even 75. They are just NUMBERS.
    To us they are just numbers but not when you talk about systems.

When they first announced the possible item squish they mentioned that the big numbers have a huge impact on clients and back end systems to calculate it all. From a database design perspective as well when fields are created with a specified maximum field size that cannot be increased afterwards.

Wow is running on code that was programmed 8 years ago, some of it is easily adjustable but other things are not. (the player backpack is a classic example of something like this that is not adjustable)

GC said in his blog that sooner or later the numbers will have to be squished for technical reasons, either by going "mega damage" approach or doing a proper squish. We may not be there yet but its coming close.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    And soloing content WILL be affected because you are actually (significantly) reducing the increment of power between expansion, so you will be "overgearing" old content by a much smaller amount, therefore making it harder to solo it.
    Why is this an issue? Why do you believe there are no solutions even if it were?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Possibly the most irrelevant change/wish in the history of WoW.
    http://samaramon.com/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    Seems like you don't know much about computers and how they function, do you?
    PLS read up on the subject before posting stuff like this..... it makes you sound stupid and now people will start to wonder where you put your head!