Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I've got 99 problems but WoW ain't one.

1. Bots
    2. Playing/gearing alts is rather time intensive.
    3. LFR too rewarding for being afk and playing really shitty.
    4. Balance in pvp and pve
    5. class ability homogenization.
    Overall I am rather fine with the addon though as I am having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Good point actually, something that kinda passed me by since I stopped PvP. Not quite sure why they felt the need to remove honour weapons either.
    Dragon Slayers were farming them as entry level weapons, rather than waiting for drops. Blizzard's logic confuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    If you're that unhappy with the game then why not just quit?
    You're absolutely right we should all pretend that WOW is perfect and anyone who disagrees should just GTFO!

I honestly don't understand comments like yours, WOW is far from perfect and people have been leaving the game at an alarming rate over the past couple of years yet any attempt to discuss what might be the problem or problems is met with comments like this. If you don't have problems with the game, great! Others do and if we could have a proper discussion on these boards without comments like this or it degenerating into inevitable exchange of insults we might be able to provide Blizzard with an idea of what is causing issues amongst the player base and therefore help them address them and make the game better for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Let me see...

1. Learning my class over again every expansion (though I prefer how it is in Mists of Pandaria over Cataclysm)
    2. Getting hate in random groups for every little thing or for not playing how they expect me to, even if it's working and we're doing really well. The toxic attitude led me to avoid public groups as much as possible.
    3. I don't know, I'm just bored of dungeons.
    4. No ogres. ;P
    I Wish horde could trade blood elfs for ogres.

I think the reason I don't play anymore is because I couldn't care less about the panda storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    My real life is troubling enough if WoW wasn't providing sufficient escapism to the point where I feel the need to bitch about it incessantly on a forum, I'd move the hell on and try something else.

Fact is, if you're still playing WoW, you like it enough over many other activities you could be doing. Sit and think about that a bit. And the problems you do have with it seem to magically become insignificant.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    -There is no equal game that is as good to have some diversity

My main problem with WoW is LFR. It is a good idea on paper, don't get me wrong, I think people should be able to see the content, but isn't that why they nerf raids? LFR kills progression. It doesn't seem connected but it is. Unless you plow through hard modes in the first like, month or 2 then chances are you run LFR, probably weekly because of items you need. Slot fillers ect. Part of what makes raiding fun IS getting to see the content. LFR destroys that. I can hit a button and see everything. Even bosses I have never killed on reg/heroic so when I am with my guild on raid night it feels like more of the same and burnout happens more rapidly. I know people will say oh well you don't HAVE to run LFR, technically no but if I want to help my group by doing the best I can I have to do what it takes to play to my highest potential. So yeah, my main problem with wow is LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you begin with this? I've noticed a lot of people talking about features and mechanics. But in my opinion, the biggest problem with WoW is the blatant laziness of Blizzard. They have the money and manpower to do almost anything with this game, and yet, nothing really happens as often as it should. A huge mistake they made was the almost complete neglect and disregard for lore and story. It's been raped, rehashed, neglected, ret-conned, and pushed to the wayside for years now. Think back on all your favorite games and what made them your favorite. The story. There is hardly a believable story in WoW anymore. The two faction are basically just skins. Everything else in them is completely the same when in lore they are drastically different. The classes aren't unique. Bring back the story and it brings back motive behind your choices. Why are we raiding? To get shiny purples, not to overthrow a severe threat to the world. It hasnt felt that way in a long time.

Bottom line: Establish solid lore and STICK TO IT. Immerse the player in a lore-rich and story driven gameplay experience. Otherwise it's literally just becoming a numbers game.

Deleted
    My issue with wow right now is, that if everything is build around casuals atm. They won't make any new long dungeons, or make you get cool stuff by farming a faction for hours and hours. Just because the casuals will cry, that they can't spend the time. If it isn't fun for the casuals, no-one is allowed to enjoy it. Thats how it is right now. The casuals feel to elitist. While the hardcore community can just watch how this game is getting more easy, and more braindead..

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    My problems with WoW...
    3. Pve is too easy. Its brain dead simple, dungeons and raids are a joke, heroics too.
    Yeah because in Vanilla the encounters were much more complex... oh wait

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    3. Pve is too easy. Its brain dead simple, dungeons and raids are a joke, heroics too.

4. Nerfs/buffs/changes to classes. Too many and too often. Mages are getting changed completely, changing the entire way they pvp. Wars getting nerfed while hunters are getting buffed and imo hunters are the most op class in pvp in the game.

7. Gear. To ez to obtain, no longer feels epic or rewarding. Everyone has the same shit.

8. Numbers and stats. Are too damn big, squish plz.
    3. Its always been easy, after 40+ hours/week progression and good guild you get easily world top25 kills.

4. Hunters aint op imo, compared what op burst classes we have in 5.1 (warr/spriest/mage) etc... and i dont play hunter :P

7. Havent been the same, since pretbc. :<

8./Agree
    Last edited by ebah; 2013-02-06 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Yeah because in Vanilla the encounters were much more complex... oh wait
    No, making mistakes was unforgiving. Now u can stand in fire, have your brain loading for 3 seconds until it remembers that fire==bad, and still you got time to move out of it alive. That is the main difference. You could also overnuke, something that is impossible today. Healers had to be focussed all the time, because if someone took 1 hit, they won't survive the next (right now i can just lean back, relax, heal after 4 seconds, and im sure he'll be fine).

• Heirlooms not being cross server. Makes starting on a new server harder(re: slower) than it should be. Shouldn't have to buy the things more than once per an account.
    • No tabard storage. Might seem only a minor but when you have over 30 taking up valuable bank/character bag space it is a problem. They also promised it but we're still waiting. While we are at it, why not just make them account wide?
    • Nerfs to Heroic raids and normal raids that aren't needed. Ideally it should stay at its intended difficulty, as they get easier with better gear anyway.
    • Random BGs are pointless to do these days as a random player. What mused to be a fun jump in, jump out experience ruined with bots and the 5 man team heroes, making it pointless for the random guy.

Just some off the top of my head, i don't hate the game but as always, room for improvement.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxtrixias View Post
    No, making mistakes was unforgiving. Now u can stand in fire, have your brain loading for 3 seconds until it remembers that fire==bad, and still you got time to move out of it alive. That is the main difference. You could also overnuke, something that is impossible today. Healers had to be focussed all the time, because if someone took 1 hit, they won't survive the next (right now i can just lean back, relax, heal after 4 seconds, and im sure he'll be fine).
    Not sure if you actually ever played in vanilla, but you could kill a boss in molten core with half of your raid dead from 50%->. In vanilla it wasnt too uncommon for your raidgroup to have about 20 - 25people that were just carrying the rest of the group.

I do agree that naxxramas was a really unforgiving place, especially the four horsemen, but pretty much the tactics atm are more complex than they have ever been.

E: And im not sure what sort of raids you are doing where you can heal once every 4 seconds? If you are talking purely about 5mans, then i agree they are pretty much faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    My problem with WoW?

-LFR

A lot of casual raid groups of my realm quit raiding because of the LFR, and who can blame them? With the Raid Finder you don't need any kind of commitment and the content is exactly the same, so why should they keep raiding in normal mode? There's no motivation at all. With the LFR Blizzard killed the ultimate goal of the game and eventually gonna kill the community.
    When lfr first came out I thought it was a great idea because I knew I would never get into an actually raid party and I atleast got to experience some of the content that I would've otherwise never seen.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxtrixias View Post
    My issue with wow right now is, that if everything is build around casuals atm. They won't make any new long dungeons, or make you get cool stuff by farming a faction for hours and hours. Just because the casuals will cry, that they can't spend the time. If it isn't fun for the casuals, no-one is allowed to enjoy it. Thats how it is right now. The casuals feel to elitist. While the hardcore community can just watch how this game is getting more easy, and more braindead..
    Hardcore elitist feeling casuals are to elitist. Aren't the heroic mop raids difficult? Everything else that has been "made easy" is bascially just for gearing up for the actual hard stuff. Isn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post

Hardcore elitist feeling casuals are to elitist. Aren't the heroic mop raids difficult? Everything else that has been "made easy" is bascially just for gearing up for the actual hard stuff. Isn't it?
    I don't think i am being elitist atall right now. I don't care about the amount of casual content, but i want more hardcore content aswell. if i was elitist, i would just have said that all casual content should be banned from the game, and that WoW is only meant for hardcore players. See the difference?

- No competitive solo-based PvP option
    - Competitive team based PvP options attract idiots, scumbags, trolls, DDOSers, ragers, etc. etc.
    - Game is becoming stale despite all of the changes. A revamp of the combat system would bring in a lot of interest. Something massive should be done.
    - Game needs World PvP revitalized badly. Blizzard has failed on all fronts in trying to bring it back in a meaningful way. CRZ fails.

Other than that the game would be fine. It's just not spectacular anymore. Sure, burn out. But I've been burned out since beginning of Cata and still play from time to time. Would like it to be more than from time to time.

Deleted
    My only problem with WoW is, that they are trying to make PvP look good.