Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    I was the main aggro target, obviously, as a solo Retribution Paladin. However, as soon as my Ghost Iron Dragonling procced and appeared, he mind controlled me and it reset the fight. I had to unequip it in order to complete the fight.

It's possible that he used the Disorient ability (which drops aggro if there are other targets) that hit me but was resisted somehow by the Dragonling, but that is unlikely (since the Dragonling summons next to me and stays in melee range anyway) and I don't think it would resist the Disorient. I have read enough people on the Wowhead comments that say they were MC'd solo while they had a pet out that I wouldn't risk it, heh.
    Yep. If there is ANY second target he can hit during disorient, you can get MC'd. During the disorient your threat level is 0, so if he casts MC during that, it'll be on you. And that's game over.

For Seran's tactic... I mean, it works, but why go through all that trouble? Some needed it at 85, fair enough, but at 90? I just stack them up and hit things, its not like you can actually go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    When was this? This was happening to me after the MOP patch btu when level cap was still 85. I figured I was just sucking.
    It started when 5.0 hit at the end of Cata and proceeded on until one of the hotfix patches they did after MoP launched. It made it somewhat inconvenient but not impossible for a lock to solo (I think blood DKs were SoL until the hotfix because they couldn't avoid summoning blood worms). During the bug regardless who his primary target was if there was any other target (another player, pet, etc) you could be MC'd, and the workarounds were either A) go destro with GoSac, or B) use a pet but go LoS right before he MCs (the way I did it).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    I had him despawn on my hunter so I'll have to dismiss pet as I kill last advisor, but as my hunters gear levels not that high, is there anywhere I can get a little healing from to just help me along? (Spirit bond needs a pet out)

Deleted
    No need to dismiss your pet as a hunter on Kael. I do it as BM so that my pet solo's Kael from when he spawns to 50%, hate getting a few minutes into the encounter and being Stunned and MC'd if I try to dps him myself. I equip the Staff of Disintegration so can't actually use many abilites. Throw some traps down before you equip it , Snake trap on the Engineer helps as the snakes can be targeted by his Remote Toy. Before the last advisor dies kite it too behind one of the statues so you and your pet are out of line of sight from Kael, once he becomes attackable he will start to run over to you instead of just spamming Fireballs at you from range. As he moves over set your pet on Kael and stay on the opposite side so you cant be MC'd. As long you and your pet have the buff from the staff you and your pet wont get disorientated so he wont change targets and come after you, the heal from spirit bond should be enough to keep your pet alive. You can still use Bestial Wrath, Kill Command ( can be used wihout LoS ), Glaive Toss and Dire Beast without a bow equipped. If your pet does need healing watch for Kael to yell " Bow to my Will " or " Obey Me " , you have 30 seconds before he casts it again so you can jump out from behind the statue and heal it. Your pet will also have to deal with the Phoenix and the Eggs but it isnt an issue as they die pretty fast.
    It does sound like alot to do but its actually pretty easy once you get used to it.
    Hope this info is of use