1. #1

    Follow this and you will see your win ratio go up 200% I guarantee it

    I've said for a while that I was going to write this hoping that people follow it because of the retarded stuff I see people doing in ranked games all the time but just kept playing. After my 3rd loss because of my teams refusal to listen and throwing away a game that was in the bag I've decided that it is time to actually sit down and write this.

    How to win more games:

    I see people in league who watch the LCS and try to do what they do. The fact is this is Solo Queue. That WILL NOT WORK. Stop trying to act like it will work or trying to get it to work. So now you're thinking this is going to be a huge rant but it isn't trust me. So how do you win games? Well it is easy, you avoid team fights as much as possible. Crazy talk I know, and I thought that also but here is the run down.

    If you just keep pushing lanes, I have a rule when I play that no lane after about 13min should be on my side of the river, two things will happen; they will let you keep pushing or they will have to send somebody to deal with you. Now this is solo queue so that means that almost never just one person goes, they send about 2 or 3. So now close to half the team is having to deal with one person while 4 people can do what? Exactly push the other lanes.

    People seem to really have it in their head that kills will win you games, but the reality is objectives do. Ask yourself how many times you've been way ahead in kills yet lost the game, now ask yourself how come you lost? That's right because you were killing people but you were losing your towers left and right.

    To give you an idea of how well this works. This week a friend and I did some duo queue with us trying to get anything but support. The only times we lost is when one of us had support and guess what. It was because people refused to push lanes and just wanted to sit there and look for team fights.


    Why team fights fail:

    The reason team fights fail is because people don't peel for the carries, and people not attacking the same target. If you watch in the LCS they call out who they should be attacking and focusing. That happens very rarely in Solo Queue (at low levels.) This hurts because if you can't blow up their carry while yours gets wrecked you've basically lost the fight.

    Now remember what I said before, how many games you lost while being ahead in kills? Now ask yourself how many games you've won while being down in kills and why. It's because you pushed lanes and kept up on objectives.


    So how can you apply this to your play:

    The mistake I see people do is they give up lane farm for jungle farm. Jungle farm will almost always be there while lane farm will not. Farming your jungle while you could be pushing a lane isn't useful time. Push up the lane and come back and farm that jungle.

    Always carry a ward or two on you. Just ward some common spots in their jungle so you know when to fall back or keep going. Remember just getting your winions to the turret is a success. The lane will hold down there for a while and it frees up dragon/baron and it also allows other lanes to push.


    TLR: The name of the game is push lanes stop farming your jungle when you could be pushing and of course ward their jungle. I promise if you follow this you will win twice as many games. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

  2. #2
    I agree with this...even at a pro level if you play an objective-based game you will win. Just look at Cloud 9 and to a lesser extent Vulcan. They both play very objective-oriented and the results speak for themselves. C9 has best record in LCS history (21 and 2 as of this writing).

    Lately in my own games I'm trying to do the same. I always try to direct my team towards objectives. Just yesterday we won a teamfight...four of their members were down. I'm pinging baron, but 2 people went back to shop so we couldn't get it. If they thought in terms of "okay that was good, now what objective can we take after that?" We would have had baron and probably won that game, but instead the enemy team ended up getting it and then used it to steamroll the last of our defenses.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-08-04 at 01:44 AM.

  3. #3
    That's the thing. I'm not saying you must push 3min towers when I try to explain this to people. If you just change the mindset of I need to farm to get kills, to farm to get objectives you will see that you're going to win more games.

    You see this quite a bit in bot lane and it really is my whole point. Jungle comes in and ganks bot. They are either really low or you get a double kill. Now what do you do with it, well most of the time everybody recalls. When really you should either dragon and recall or put a lot of dmg on the turret and recall.

  4. #4
    Epic! Deylana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,540
    I have turned to this heavy-push tactic in soloqueue as well, to the point where people get annoyed that I push their towers down when I'm jungling and I've killed their enemy laner. The problem is people just don't get it. If I play top for instance, I make a clear boulevard to their inhibitor and usually have at least 2 people coming after me. Meanwhile, the rest of my team is still losing because they're last hitting on both of the other lanes and farming the jungle, completely split up, while the 3 people on their team who didn't come after me are mopping them up one by one And this happens in most games unfortunately, people just really like to farm instead of going for objectives...
    Meh.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I have turned to this heavy-push tactic in soloqueue as well, to the point where people get annoyed that I push their towers down when I'm jungling and I've killed their enemy laner. The problem is people just don't get it. If I play top for instance, I make a clear boulevard to their inhibitor and usually have at least 2 people coming after me. Meanwhile, the rest of my team is still losing because they're last hitting on both of the other lanes and farming the jungle, completely split up, while the 3 people on their team who didn't come after me are mopping them up one by one And this happens in most games unfortunately, people just really like to farm instead of going for objectives...
    Best part of being a jungler and pushing an already pushing lane are the insults coming from the lane you're pushing because they don't understand how this whole thing works but sadly there are as many junglers out there who don't know how it should be done either.

    You DONT clear an enemy wave which is pushing slightly as long as it's not at the tower (unless you can clear it so fast that the enemy will miss more creeps to the tower but that isn't possible early game). By freezing the lane, you just made yourself a lane which is easily gankable and let your laner zone or at least catch up in CS easily.

  6. #6
    the problem is that you can't force people to push or to take objectives. you can ping like mad but 90% of the time they back anyway and ignore it. the other day I had a 70 minute game. we were winning literally every team fight with at least 2 or 3 people alive, but after each 5v5 win, they just backed. eventually we lost the game because we lost a team fight and with 90 second respawn, the enemy team had a very long time to push. the final score was something stupid like 55 kills to 27, yet we still lost.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    the problem is that you can't force people to push or to take objectives. you can ping like mad but 90% of the time they back anyway and ignore it. the other day I had a 70 minute game. we were winning literally every team fight with at least 2 or 3 people alive, but after each 5v5 win, they just backed. eventually we lost the game because we lost a team fight and with 90 second respawn, the enemy team had a very long time to push. the final score was something stupid like 55 kills to 27, yet we still lost.

    This is exactly why I made this thread. If more and more people realize that if you do this you will flat out win more games. I will say this though, I get reported a lot more for negative attitude or verbal abuse than when I'm not trying to explain this tactic to people.

    I think the best one was when I was ADC as bot and had pushed all the way to their inhib turret and the other lanes just go their first turrets down. I say keep pushing the lanes and the jungler says that they need to group up now for team fights. 15min later we are down in turrets and even kills. The whole time I kept trying to explain that they need to be pushing other lanes. Finally I had enough and my exact words were, "We were winning because you were listening to what I was saying. Now we're doing what you want and we're losing. I'm tired of having to explain why we were winning to you over and over. You're too self centered to admit that you're wrong so I'm just going to do it my why and that is that." 5min later we won the game and afterwards I was reported for negative attitude.

    That is the type of stuff you're going to have to deal with when you do this but trust me it is well worth it.

  8. #8
    To be fair I have seen both work fantastically and fail miserably. A lot of people push turrets and end up getting badly ganked, especially since next to nobody buys wards in low level games. Pushing the lanes is only good if you know where the enemy are. On the other hand, AOE a team fight and it can easily be a GG. The only problem with that is baiting a team fight where most the opposing team are within a tight proximity. Run a comp with say Fiddlesticks, Fiora and even a Jarvan then ping a location where you want to land your ult's and boom, GG.

    Sometimes it's easier to win by just smashing the enemy team in a 5v5. I've played numerous games where my team have been getting slaughtered in lane, hanging on to dear life as the inhib's start to fall then after a couple of well placed team fights we have came back to win. In games where lanes are getting shat on and the enemy team have good communication, sometimes its a bad idea to try push and it's much easier to farm and play for a late team fight victory.

    However, if the lanes are winning, then sure, take as many turrets asap. If there are 4 guys bot then top lane should be smashing dem turrets all the way home.

  9. #9
    This might work with duo, dependig which role you got. The game is still team based and you will depend in your team, also you should be careful when pushing, this could allow the enemy to farm more than you. It's a good strategy but needs to be used in the right way.

  10. #10
    this advice is very legit. i always try to explain players, even tho they act like idiotic kids, that we aren't a team and they shouldn't try to do what those teams in tournament do.

  11. #11
    Good read, thanks for taking the time to write it all lolz !

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ulf881 View Post
    This might work with duo, dependig which role you got. The game is still team based and you will depend in your team, also you should be careful when pushing, this could allow the enemy to farm more than you. It's a good strategy but needs to be used in the right way.

    Duo it works quite a bit. But you can do it by yourself. You just have to pick a champion that can really push the lane. I lose more games because 3 people will chase one person instead of pushing a lane or taking an objective than any other reason.

  13. #13
    The Patient Amanaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    308
    Please tell me what 200% of 60% is? I would like to know my new winrate....

    - - - Updated - - -

    On a more serious note: This tactic won't work unless you win before 35min mark. After that you will have to group and win teamfights. The distance between the towers in the base is not very big. And homeguard will help people too.

    I see a couple factors that decide winners or losers.

    1. Who gets early lead/wins lanes
    2. Who have better teamwork/communication
    3. Who have best teamcomp
    4. Who focuses most on objectives rather than kills
    5. Who is most optimistic/Dont give up easily
    6. Splitpushers can win games singlehandedly if they know how to buy a couple of wards, and if their team knows how to pressure enemy team without engaging in a 4v5

    - - - Updated - - -

    In just about 85% of the games in soloqueue, the team with the most gold after 15minutes is the team that wins the game. So the game is often decided in the first 15minutes, and sometimes much earlier.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also whenever i jungle and try to push bot lane with adc/supp for an early tower, they just shout and scream at me telling me to GTFO of their lane. People really lack how big of an edge towerkills give you in this game...

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    Please tell me what 200% of 60% is? I would like to know my new winrate....
    Your win ratio is currently 6:4, or 3:2. A 200% increase is basically winning 3x more, so your ratio would become 9:2. This puts your win rate at ~82%.

    That's the best I could do. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  15. #15
    I have a different tactic.

    Carry, or lose.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post

    On a more serious note: This tactic won't work unless you win before 35min mark. After that you will have to group and win teamfights. The distance between the towers in the base is not very big. And homeguard will help people too.

    I see a couple factors that decide winners or losers.

    1. Who gets early lead/wins lanes
    2. Who have better teamwork/communication
    3. Who have best teamcomp
    4. Who focuses most on objectives rather than kills
    5. Who is most optimistic/Dont give up easily
    6. Splitpushers can win games singlehandedly if they know how to buy a couple of wards, and if their team knows how to pressure enemy team without engaging in a 4v5


    In just about 85% of the games in soloqueue, the team with the most gold after 15minutes is the team that wins the game. So the game is often decided in the first 15minutes, and sometimes much earlier.
    If you're ranked games are lasting more than 40min in the first place you've already done something wrong. As for the rest of what you said. It is exactly what will happen if you follow my steps. Focusing on objectives rather than focusing on chasing somebody down. Here is a prime example of that. I had a game last night where we had a bit of a team fight. One person got away and 3 people started chase after. Again my method says just let him go and look for an objective to take. Instead because they chased him we ended up losing two towers.

    It's why I stress you have to keep lanes pushed, you have to keep going after objectives.

  17. #17
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    4,902
    It really depends, IMO.

    On the one hand, I often pick fast-pushing champions on summoners rift. My Morgana mid or Vi top lane can easily pressure the enemy turret by like the third creep wave: and if I can score a kill I'll almost always try to get my jungler to arrive mid either for the assist or to help burn the turrets down when my lane is free. Once that first turret is down I start x-laning very early - whenever my match leaves lane - and then we have a combination of superior numbers, or crazy fast push: very often giving us another another turret before level 8.

    So, with those champions I can absolutely agree that playing very objective-oriented you can rapidly throw the balance of power in your favour before pugs usually group up in solo queue.

    The counter to that though is that - some of my other favourite champions are Evelynn and Nocturne - and they both are practically hard counters to what you are talking about: if you are alone - and I know it (usually via wards) you're probably dead. Either of them is fast enough to cross the map in short order - they're both deadly in 1v1 against most opponents - and if your pushing lane you are likely to be extending too far from your turrets: and neither of them can be outrun without multiple Flash/teleports.

    You can say "sure, but while your off scoring kills - my team is pushing the other lanes" - true. But - Evelynn and Nocturne (or any fast-moving champion, really - they are just my favourites) - lose very little for switching lanes to gank because they are so fast. So I can either unbalance the odds in a fair fight, or I can appear behind you to mow you down before you can return to the safety of your turrets.

    Assassins are built for countering over-extended 1v1's - and after 10+ kills they become far more proficient at it. With Evelynn I often build a Hextech Gunblade: which means I never have to go back again except to buy - I just cross lane - eat some creeps or ghosts if I'm low - then gank again - and again. I had a game on Nocturne where the enemy team did exactly what you say - they all held their lanes, and they were pushing hard - and it was looking pretty grim - our support in bottom was feeding like crazy, our mid was trying but was just out-matched - so she'd slowly lose mid if I didn't show up constantly to assist. But at some point I hit the like 10:1 kill mark, and suddenly I was everywhere (via Paranoia). Then it was 20:1, then 30 - and suddenly I was just insta-gibbing people from across the map as soon as they exited the fog of war.

    A single good assassin can almost counter that strat, at least in blind pick / low ELO pugs. That's what they are designed for - the very idea behind sticking together as a group is to counter assassins from snowballing. Against a team, it's a bit harder for assassins to do their thing effectively - but the reason everyone in blind pick sticks together is because the alternative - spreading out and pushing lanes - is exactly how you let one assassin snowball like crazy.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •