First of all, I didnt add this to the megathread because its more about what people want / wish to see in the future of the game and if enough people talk about it then it will be worth its own thread. If mods see it differently, please feel free to merge with any other thread.
Okay so I picked up Sim City about 3 days ago and absolutely love the game, the last sim city I played was about 8-10 years ago and I remember loving it back then just as much. I know a lot of people are complaining about things in the game but thats normal. I do admit that it would be nice to have bigger designated areas for cities but thats really my only major concern. I love how I can build up all the cities in a region and make them work off each other or play with my friends if I trust them enough to drag my city down lol. So I created this thread to see what people want to see down the road in Sim City, right after playing I immediately thought of a few additions that they could add to make the game that much better. Here is my list and feel free to expand or contribute or tell me why my idea is stupid!
1. Different weather. I live in Canada and we have a lot of snow, its a blast to get a winter storm and see how the city handles it (snow removal, power outages, closed businesses, etc). It would be amazing to have a certain part of some regions in the game have to deal with snow from time to time, implementing city cleanup crews to take care of snow removal, being able to task them to make residential a priority, or clearing the main streets / bus routes first. With a winter area you could also expand into the area of winter tourism, Ski resorts, skating rinks, and more.
2. Car accidents. I know alot of people are complaining about traffic jams and issues with the AI but personally I have not seen this yet. My pop is just under 200,000 and I have no mass transit yet and no problems. Car accidents is just another little thing that adds to the games realism. Wouldnt take long to clear up but for that 1 hour it would be interesting to see how it backs up vital city streets.
3. Cell phones / towers. Another small addition, cell phone towers could be placed at the tops of tall downtown buildings or in residential areas, benefits could include faster response times to emergencies.
4. Taxis. I know the airports generate a few, but I havent seen any sort of crazy amount yet. Definitely would help ease the traffic situation that many people have been having.
5. Construction / road repairs. Once again another thing that would impede traffic but would add realism. Repairs. All roads and all buildings need maintainence to be reliable. Would be interesting to see construction close down a section of road to repave it.
6. Tractor trailer / semi hauling. One of the most efficient ways to transport goods nowadays is on the highways with tractor trailers, I see many delivery trucks in the game but I do not believe there are any semi's driving around. Would be an amazing way of getting large amounts of goods to Great Works or other new cities in your region.
7. Vertical highways / overpasses / tunnels. This one should be a given, I would love to see some massive clover intersections on my busiest avenues as well as under / over passes for my busy interesections where traffic lights just arent cutting it. For this to be implemented I believe we would need to see....
8. Much larger city zones. The game isnt really graphically demanding and I do not have any sort of amazing computer, but I do run the game on Ultra for everything and have zero problems. Increasing region size by about 2x and city plots by up to 5x would allow for people to create astonishing cities or if they like the rural designs you could fit 8-10 small towns / villages in one city zone.
9. Subway. Another amazing mass transit system that would ease up our streets.
10. More things on the water. Offshore drilling? Luxury yachts? Sea-doos and recreation? They can definitely expand with things happening in the water.
11. Military. A region is not complete without some sort of military. I could see this being introduced down the road as another great work. Some sort of out-of-town military base that gives a great response to natural disasters. (Imagine seeing the military start moving through your city during a zombie outbreak).
Thats about all I can think of at the moment, I will update if anything else comes to mind. Sorry for the wall of text, please pitch any other ideas you might have!!!