question about insta kick addons

On the PvP forum they were talking about a certain program that automatically uses ur interrupts within a mili sec. I just have a question to u script, addon, whatever guys.

If you're running and press a spell with a cast time I assume that a command is given to the game however it fails to get executed due to certain restricted circumstances. So does this program react on the given command or immediately when you cast? I don't even know if this is even remotely possible but it would be interesting. Theoretically the slightest amount of lag could interfere and make it seem as if it only reacts on cast while it actually reacts on the given commands of an opponent.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't even fakecast if it's that fast.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    some here posted a video the other day about it. it was too fast to even fake cast it.

I thought it was against the ToS to use any kind of back ground program that performs abiltities for you when you don't press them?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an addon... but yes, the video yesterday showed the fellow not even able to fake cast it was that fast.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    I thought it was against the ToS to use any kind of back ground program that performs abiltities for you when you don't press them?

it is, it was called interupt hacking, i dont think its an adddon, probably a 3rd party program in the background, but i dont know.

Deleted
    Does this program even use the Lua engine? Seeing as the question is theroetical, I'll say that it's possible to use the Lua engine while circumventing the secure system via methods I won't discuss for obvious reasons.

If it does, the question would be whether other players' failed spell casts actually trigger an event in the client. I know that your own failed casts do, but I don't think enemies' failed casts do if they never start casting.

You could probably do some tests on that using /eventtrace and a second account. Have one account do various types of failed casts while the other account has /eventtrace open, then check for events being fired.

Note that, even if no event is fired in the Lua engine, this does not mean that information about failed spell casts is not available to the client - it might still be available through other means. Testing in the Lua engine can only give you a positive confirmation - if an event fires for it, then there's a way to trigger on it. If no event fires for it, this does not mean that there's no way to trigger on it.

PS: I can, however, say that there's definitely an event for when your target starts casting a spell that only fires when the cast actually starts (successfully). If I were to develop this theoretical program, I would use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Does this program even use the Lua engine? Seeing as the question is theroetical, I'll say that it's possible to use the Lua engine while circumventing the secure system via methods I won't discuss for obvious reasons.

If it does, the question would be whether other players' failed spell casts actually trigger an event in the client. I know that your own failed casts do, but I don't think enemies' failed casts do if they never start casting.

You could probably do some tests on that using /eventtrace and a second account. Have one account do various types of failed casts while the other account has /eventtrace open, then check for events being fired.

Note that, even if no event is fired in the Lua engine, this does not mean that information about failed spell casts is not available to the client - it might still be available through other means. Testing in the Lua engine can only give you a positive confirmation - if an event fires for it, then there's a way to trigger on it. If no event fires for it, this does not mean that there's no way to trigger on it.

PS: I can, however, say that there's definitely an event for when your target starts casting a spell that only fires when the cast actually starts (successfully). If I were to develop this theoretical program, I would use that.
    This is beyond me The most advanced things I can do is PvP macros lol. Never used such things so I don't really know anything about it either. Sounds quite interesting thought. Go do the tests you
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-02-06 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    I don't even have an active account, I'm afraid. It's fairly simple, really.

1. You'll need two characters (I'll call them A and B) logged in at the same time.
    2. You'll need the two of them to be near each other, preferably in some remote place.
    3. On client A, type /eventtrace. This will open a window where all events that fire in the Lua engine will be listed.
    4. Filter as many irrelevant events as possible by X-ing them out. Stuff like CHAT_MSG events or similar that won't be relevant.
    5. On client B, reproduce the behavior you'd like to test. In your example, cast a casting time spell while running.
    6. On client A, check the event trace window to see if any events were caused by your behavior. Repeat if you're unsure whether they were triggered by your behavior.