Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    AUSTRALIANS invented PAVLOVA which is the best cake IN THE WORLD
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Personally I would like to thank the U.S. (My government) for inventing the nuclear bomb. There will never be another large scale war such as WW1/WW2 because a threatened country will just use a nuke. This means entire generations of men don't have to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You are not proud of your country?
    Being proud of your country is equivalent to being proud of the piece of land that you were arbitrarily born on. You didn't choose it, you just popped out of your mothers womb there. There's nothing to be proud of. Nationalism in itself is pretty dumb, flawed and pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    You are intentionally being controversial now.
    Isnt that what a discussion forum is all about? If you feel it is controversial, why do you feel that way? What makes it so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Was going through it and saw Shepherd's Pie. Now I'm hungry....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Was going through it and saw Shepherd's Pie. Now I'm hungry....

i had that for dinner tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    i think in all seriousness america has the best inventors who else would have created the all mighty spork!
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    And wrong. The nuclear bomb, albeit being developed in the US, was conceptualized by Oppenheimer and worked on by physicists from all over the world. To attribute it as an American invention is ridiculous.
    You may be right, but the ignorant post of somehow Neuclear bombs and neuclear energy is a bad thing is why I posted it that way

Deleted

So the next time someone is tempted to generalize that Americans are dumb, please rethink it. Many of these things, people around the world use and they have become standard for the way of life for most world civilizations.

We aren't so dumb are we?
    Tehe, what a cute way of thinking... I come from the country that for example invented letterpress printing and the periodic table, doesn't change the fact that most people around here are indifferent, decadent mouthbreathers. And that there are still people working on groundbreaking stuff... So what?
    Also we don't forget that some items on your list could be on my list too, because they were actually founded in Germany and then snatched/advanced by Americans who in some cases were freshly immigrated Europeans *cough*

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright this thread looks like food for trolls, but in an attempt to keep it on-topic, I'll contribute.

I'm pretty proud to be American myself. However, Jaylock's list is missing a very important one: Silly Putty!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    i think in all seriousness america has the best inventors who else would have created the all mighty spork!
    I lol'ed at that one! Popeyes Chicken uses sporks in their restruants!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i had that for dinner tonight
    I envy you so much... Ugh GIMME GOOD SHEPHERD'S PIE! Gosh darnit Texas....

Also, I will leave this here about nationalism:

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt that what a discussion forum is all about? If you feel it is controversial, why do you feel that way? What makes it so?
    Discussions, yes. Intentionally saying something completely irrational like you did to create an argument, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Alright this thread looks like food for trolls, but in an attempt to keep it on-topic, I'll contribute.

I'm pretty proud to be American myself. However, Jaylock's list is missing a very important one: Silly Putty!
    omg, you just brought back many childhood memories. Remember when you used to stick it to the newspaper and have the ink come off on the silly putty?

15+ Year Old Account
    Zipper swedish as we use it today.
    Took me 3s to spot it so not even bothering with the rest.

Jaylock posting is an entire different topic in itself in terms of fact checking
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, and for people that are bashing the US because of the atomic bomb, I hope you all know that the UK and Canada were also in on the Manhattan Project.

Deleted
    America was invented by Europe.

Game,set,Match

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Clay- View Post
    Tehe, what a cute way of thinking... I come from the country that for example invented letterpress printing and the periodic table, doesn't change the fact that most people around here are indifferent, decadent mouthbreathers. And that there are still people working on groundbreaking stuff... So what?
    Also we don't forget that some items on your list could be on my list too, because they were actually founded in Germany and then snatched/advanced by Americans who in some cases were freshly immigrated Europeans *cough*
    Arent we all immigrants of sorts? (at least those of our ancestors)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada created insulin.

Which sadly becomes more and more important with every passing day in North America lol.

A lot of things have roots in other countries or thinkers of the past. A lot of things wouldn't have been possible if earlier inventions or ideas hadn't laid the ground work for recent/current innovations. Which is why I just think of the world as a whole, even though there are massive disputes and imaginary lines drawn all over it. Nationalism is shitty IMO. Yay for math and science though!
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-02-06 at 11:51 PM.