Car & my Iphone5

Hello MMO-Cer's,
    I am looking around the internet and cannot find an answer to my question...

How the hell do i connect my phone to the disc player thing on my car? I have been looking but honestly can't find... I just want pandora to play while i drive instead of listening to stupid radio stations with 99% of airtime consisting of commercials and BS talk...

thank you

Depends on the radio/audio system in your car. Your best option would probably to see what kind of audio inputs you have.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Depends on the radio/audio system in your car. Your best option would probably to see what kind of audio inputs you have.
    Idk anything about that kind of stuff... isn't there like a charger/audio thing like 2-1 out there for this type of thing...?

It would help to know what kind of car and what year it is.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    4 Possible ways to do this, one is by USB, if your stereo doesn't have an USB you're fucked. 3.5mm audio jacket, if your stereo doesn't have one of these you're fucked. Bluetooth, if your stereo doesn't have that you're fucked. Radio transmitter, it's a thing that looks like a phone holder with a few buttons on it. You plug your phone into it and plug the radio transmitter into the 12v in your car "same" jack that you can plug in a charger or a cigg lighter. You can then choose which channel it should broadcast on like 88.3 FM and then you simply tune in that channel on the radio and it will play the music your telephone is playing.

Here is a test with 2 12v transmitters. http://www.techradar.com/news/audio/...n-test-1035323

It's for the older versions of iphone but new ones is probably in store since day 1.
    Last edited by mmoc19a4667525; 2013-02-07 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally when you don't have a 3.5mm aux input or bluetooth ready head unit you can purchase an inline FM modulator.
    If you have a tape/cd combo unit you could get an adapter that fits in the tape slot. If you have an aftermarket radio it likely has one set of rca aux ports on the back which could be used with an rca>3.5mm cable. I understand most of the methods I have described require taking out the factory radio and in some cases the dashboard but most of that info can be googled.

It's a honda civic '02 also its a disc player that was bought and placed on it... it didn't initially come with the car it was installed.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's aftermarket AUX ports and iPod/iPhone docks that can plug into the head unit if you don't have one already. Whether or not your unit supports that is really up to what kind of stereo you installed into the car.

Quote Originally Posted by dethlyhallows View Post
    It's a honda civic '02 also its a disc player that was bought and placed on it... it didn't initially come with the car it was installed.
    Does it have the standard headphone jack (3.5mm plug)? Same thing that you'd plug your headphones in to your phone to listen to whatever. If you don't have that, I don't expect that whatever player was put into that old of a car has either bluetooth or a direct usb type connection, and you'll probably be stuck with a radio transmitter - which they actually have ones now that communicate with the phone with bluetooth and you don't have to plug in directly, then after that it transmits to the radio station.

For the first option you'll need something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-3-...mm+audio+cable

And the second: http://www.amazon.com/FlexSMART-Tran...io+transmitter

You might be able to find cheaper I'm just giving examples.

If you can't figure out what you have you might want to take a picture.

Deleted
    find or take a pic of the sound system in your car so we can see what inputs you have.
    best option; it'll have a USB input compatible with iphone - this will also charge it.
    good option; it'll have a jack socket line input and you'll only need to buy a cheap cable
    worst option; it has radio and you can buy a radio transmitter, it's more expensive than a cable and will sound worse.

Deleted
    It basically comes down to two audio inputs in order to play tunes from an MP3 player (ipod/phone)

1. AUX (or Auxiliary) input, this is just a jack socket, you get a male to male jack lead and plug one end into the AUX socket and one into your phone's headphone socket (for this connector you can only cycle through songs on the phone, you can not interact with the songs on the stereo system. All it does is play it)
    2. Ipod/USB interface, this is either an Ipod connector or a USB socket depending on the spec, this is the only one that allows you to change the song playing on your external device using the car stereo.

Most modern cars have an AUX socket, higher spec ones have the USB/IPod interface