Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Uhm? Can someone explain me who and why he deleted my posting? I needed a half hour for it <.<
    I really won't like to write it again >.<

PS: Yes,- sure World of Warcraft can't die, it is fantays and Fantasy is living in your mind. I can understand the People which say " Oh my god wow is dieing" but the truth is,- they love this game and are scared. I can only say to this.. "Boys and Girls, this sort of Panic is not helpful", the new World of Warcraft Film will bring so much subscribers that you won't remember the day when we talked about 400-500k lost.
    Last edited by Deex; 2013-02-08 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    Currently I'm guessing?
    Ever I think unless you count Maple Story which boasts 92M users in its history, not a traditional MMO and free. EQ was the biggest traditional MMO and it maxed out at 350k. Not too many have gotten over 500k. A few reached 750k, SWTOR and Rift claimed 2M. GW2 sold 2M.

9.6 million subs...which may include people who don't play anymore in the last 3 months. It's the biggest possible spin number that Blizzaro could come up with without outright lying. How many D3 games were selling at the high price of 15$?

Let's go back to the 2 or 3 million from way back in 2005. It doesn't change the way I play or who I play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    God you fanboys never quit.
    But hes right....

A 500k sub loss is nothing for WoW to cry over.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Again, the "rose-tinted goggles" syndrome is completely invalid due to the numbers. Blizzard should easily be able to sustain consistent subscription gains, despite the age of the game, based on the quality of the game. It's just no longer at the quality of WotLK, I'm afraid.
    Ok, if you want to cling the your "its numbers" fallacy, can you explain how the game grew by 6 millions in vanilla, then by 4 millions in TBC and only to grew by 2 millions in WolTK only to stagnate there until its started degrading in Cataclysm?

If WolTK was so great, it would had grown more than during Vanilla and TBC no?

Definitely not the worst xpack. Cat easily wins that award. But that shift to the daily grind and alt unfriendly aspects this time around reaaally are burning me out. For me, alts were always an important anti-burnout mechanism. Now keeping my main up to speed is a full time job, which I think is the design but the problem is... burnout. The answer to that is easy, don't work on my main. I find myself trying to decide if should I work on my main, or screw around on my alts, and I end up just not feeling like logging on. So I think I'm going to be taking a break soon so make that 9,599,999 subscribers.

EQ going on 15+ years.
    With a tiny fraction of WoW's subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    What will really raise eyebrows is that this includes MOP launch in China. WOW has been carried by China (over 60% of playerbase). So this is really more of a shock for me since I was sure we would be seeing an Asian look WOW increase the player numbers. I think the dmg in EU and US is much bigger than what BLizz makes it look like.

Sadly this report will not push BLizz to fix the big issues of the game. That is low population servers. Game has gone from 12 mills down to 9.6 now and Many servers feel empty - even with CRZ. And Blizzard is forcing players to pay 25$ per character for transfers. Thats probably how they are making most of their money in WOW now. Sad.
    Most of Catas losses were from Asian markets, especially when D3 launched. An earlier post said Mike Morhaime attributed the losses mostly to China. That is why you see profits go up as subs go down. The full paying customers are not the ones leaving.

5.2 Gains 500k and more back.

5.3 People drop out for awhile again.

5.4 Brings them all back.

This has been what has happened for several years now.

There is nothing wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugnasty007 View Post
    I remember World of Warcraft as it used to be, not the casual abomination it has become.
    Always been casual my friend. That's why it got so big. Remember most accounts do not and have never gotten a toon to max level. Its all about the casuals while offering stuff for the hardcore players as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Ok, if you want to cling the your "its numbers" fallacy, can you explain how the game grew by 6 millions in vanilla, then by 4 millions in TBC and only to grew by 2 millions in WolTK and stagnate there until its started degrading in Cataclysm?

No, not necessarily.

TBC and Wrath was when WoW was at the height of its popularity, however by the time TBC was ending most people who were interested in WoW had joined it. Which is why you didn't see such a huge growth with WotLK (still, 2 million is nothing to sneeze at).

It doesn't really have much to do with the quality of the expansion (unless you can read the future and know beforehand if its bad or not, in which case I have to ask you why did you keep quiet on Cata! ) but more to do with the hype and popularity surrounding the game at the time. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with the difficulty level of heroics or raids at the time either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocking View Post
    But hes right....

A 500k sub loss is nothing for WoW to cry over.
    its a 5% drop wow has only got back 600k from the 3mil it lost in cata and this is the start of MOP. therefor if this keeps up at this rate wow will be around 7 million subs before MOP ends.

so yes it is something to cry over
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Ok, if you want to cling the your "its numbers" fallacy, can you explain how the game grew by 6 millions in vanilla, then by 4 millions in TBC and only to grew by 2 millions in WolTK only to stagnate there until its started degrading in Cataclysm?

No because that's not how growth works.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post

wrong there was no gain in cata and only gain MOP has done was at release due to it being new. therefor this has not been happening for several years now. Kinda why wow is at 9.6mil subs and not 12.5mil
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The game is freaking 8 years old. rather ask yourself why it STILL has 9.5 million whily all the shiny new games like Rift, GW2 and SW dwindle around 500 000 to 2 mill. I mean..here they have all the info on the MMO C forum why WoW sucks and is dying to make awesome games that drag the players in by the million.

Ofc WoW will dwindle and eventually fade out. How many people still play other games from 8 years ago.

Then again, I am sure ppl here will find "lol" and flaws with D3 being the best selling game. If you wanna hate, you find a reason.
    Maybe the reasons people on here hate WoW are the reasons its a good and popular game. So lets say they read these forums and take Ideas of what WoW haters want and implement them and that has lead to people not wanting to play their games.

who expects WoW to have the same number of subs forever? no one i would think

of course it will eventually decline

The fact that there are still 9.6 mill subs is quite impressive. Goes to show how great the game is...
    Tho them daily quests made me go on a break... going back for new patch tho

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Ofc western markets were "stable" over Xmas and new year with BLizz offering 50% off MOP in middle of December. We all know these are not the current numbers. And we also know China dont have Xmas.
    We also know that the previous losses were mostly in the Asian regions as well. NA/EU has always been mostly stable. The holiday season has little to do with it.

It's honestly fucking retarded that this thread even exists and that people think anything of it.

This game fluctuates subs like this month in and month out and it has since it became popular.

Not everyone plays the entire tier, that's just how it is. I can't believe how many horribly retarded and ignorant people are in this thread thinking this means anything at all. It only makes those same people look dumber for thinking so after it's meant nothing at all the last 15 times this has happened and yet the subs were regained again.

Give me a fucking break.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-08 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post

I don't think that many will come back for 5.2.. Most that are gone, left cause there was nothing new in the game or cause their friends left and/or their server is dead. 5.2. as currently announced is not changing any of that. An entire addon may bring people back for a while....but not a patch. I actually expect that a lot of people(500k to 1 million) will leave around 1-2months after 5.2....unless Blizz will do anything big which they didn't announce yet. Many are just waiting to check out 5.2.....nothing else is keeping them right now.