Thread: LCS Thread

That was just absurd. I don't think there's a question that Quas is the best North American top laner (you wanna say Balls is? Balls has one of the best performing bot lanes and the best mid-jungle synergy in the LCS... he doesn't have to hard carry games. He's very good, but he wouldn't be considered so great if he was on Complexity)

Voyboy has improved so much this split. I thought the series was over when he picked Syndra the first game. I thought there was 0 chance he could be useful on that champion, but it worked. Not spectacularly, but he did his job. He's also the best NA Yasuo player.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    That was just absurd. I don't think there's a question that Quas is the best North American top laner (you wanna say Balls is? Balls has one of the best performing bot lanes and the best mid-jungle synergy in the LCS... he doesn't have to hard carry games. He's very good, but he wouldn't be considered so great if he was on Complexity)

Voyboy has improved so much this split. I thought the series was over when he picked Syndra the first game. I thought there was 0 chance he could be useful on that champion, but it worked. Not spectacularly, but he did his job. He's also the best NA Yasuo player.
    Not sure how you think anyones Yasuo is better than XWX's!

Also Balls can hard carry for sure, Balls never loses lane and can play team fight or split push stuff brilliantly. Best top laner is clearly Nein though.

Deleted
    It was obvious months ago that Quas was at level of best top laner in NA, just seemed to be underrated by a lot of people.
    And I think its first time I agree with regi, on topic that CLG needs REAL coach and analyst inside the fkn house and not some part time-half "coach" fuck knows where in Korea.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Drikkink I agree I have always said Quas is literately my Favorite top lanner in NA. His Champion pools is ridiculously huge and he can ACTUALLY play them well. He was literately god in that last game he soaked all the dmg and was not even close to dying while engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Soul is your ava Kyou from Clannad?
    its tomoyo from clannad :C
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    I saw the ribbon and thought Kyou, sorry

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    "CLG can rotate to Korea but they can't rotate Curse out of 4th place." Hahahaha.
    This is amazing rofl!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Maokai was open and they picked Lulu, what the fuck is this region. That champion is ridiculous. Dexter replaced maybe Link too?
    huge mistake from clg there was ZERO way of them stopping maokai becoming a monster tank late game and voyboy geting free ult off from maokai arcane smash is huge ONTOP of that they had zilean AND nunu who can speed up maokai to chase kogmai/ryze

all in all i think curse played out of their mind felt like they can ACTUALLY beat korean team how they played, dont get me started with vision control at the start bravo which led to geting 3-4buff controls

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    "CLG can rotate to Korea but they can't rotate Curse out of 4th place." Hahahaha.
    that one curse is scary and sad at the same time if they DO go 4th lol

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the ribbon and thought Kyou, sorry
    b..baka XD

I'm very disappointed in CLG. I had high hopes that they would be innovative and have some strategy that would throw Curse off of their game and we'd see their superior map and objective control win out against Curse's safer play. I hope they don't get relegated :/ and if they do manage to stay in the LCS I wonder what changes they'll bring next split. Maybe another top lane? Seraph seems like a solid player but I don't see him meshing well with the rest of CLG, similar to Nien. They're both on islands for most of the game and they have questionable engages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    GG curse. They looked really strong, and CLG looked really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    I knew it looked familiar

Regi is just shitting on CLG (particularly Monte) on Twitter right now. If I didn't know better, I'd think TSM lost. Holy shit.

Did clg even go to korea?
    yeah, that just doesnt mean anything. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I'm very disappointed in CLG. I had high hopes that they would be innovative and have some strategy that would throw Curse off of their game and we'd see their superior map and objective control win out against Curse's safer play. I hope they don't get relegated :/ and if they do manage to stay in the LCS I wonder what changes they'll bring next split. Maybe another top lane? Seraph seems like a solid player but I don't see him meshing well with the rest of CLG, similar to Nien. They're both on islands for most of the game and they have questionable engages.
    I don't find Seraph that terrible honestly. Neither was Nien for that matter. The problem is how CLG uses their top laners and the lack of their mid and jungle to create any counter pressure.

People look at Gambit as the originators of the feed to win strategy but CLG has been using that same strategy for years, all the way back to Hotshot. They put their top laners on an island and just splitpush when they can, make them give up all the farm to Doublelift who does nothing with it, and it results in their top laner being underfarmed, outgunned, and stuck on an island to die. Many of Seraph, and even Nien's plays were solid but they lacked the gold to be effective and fully carry them out.

May just be a personal opinion but I feel like Doublelift is a big source of their problems. Even Aphro and Seraph stated that Doublelift is often totally brutal on the team which leads to low morale. He's also the captain of the team and seems to push them to doing all sorts of questionable shit and working around his questionable and unreliable playstyle. They showed promise at the start of the season but fell right back into the "protect Doublelift" comps every fucking game which obviously isn't working and arguably never has.

I'll be one of the first to point out that Link and Dexter underperformed in that series but CLG has had some of the same issues for YEARS.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-08-24 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

About Seraph, he is a nonfactor top laner. He doesn't lose. He doesn't win. He's just there.

The blame gets placed on CLG's top laner for the same reason TSM places blame on their supports; they are loyal to a fault. Doublelift has been the weak link of CLG for the last month of the split AND a good part of this series (although the 0 impact of Link had a lot to do with it too).

They will never go anywhere until Doublelift finally becomes accountable for his poor play.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    About Seraph, he is a nonfactor top laner. He doesn't lose. He doesn't win. He's just there.

The blame gets placed on CLG's top laner for the same reason TSM places blame on their supports; they are loyal to a fault. Doublelift has been the weak link of CLG for the last month of the split AND a good part of this series (although the 0 impact of Link had a lot to do with it too).

They will never go anywhere until Doublelift finally becomes accountable for his poor play.
    Exactly. It's how each role functions on the team.

Balls, Dyrus (this season,) and Quas aren't totally starved of gold or abandoned on an island like CLG has traditionally treated their top laners. Obviously, the top laner is going to look like shit when teams abuse the fact that they're almost always alone and underfarmed and can't make any solid plays because they funnel all of the minions onto Doublelift. Look at C9. Everyone stays relevant on that team. Of course you aren't going to see Sneaky being huge early on but the gold not being funneled onto him is being put on people like Balls who use that gold to set up fights or keep people off of Sneaky and be more of a threat himself.

CLG has a tendency to, when behind, time warp back to S2 which doesn't fucking work and barely worked even back then.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-08-24 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/CLGDoublelift/st...86007686848513

Dlift might retire, I'm actually not surprised after today's show. He stated that he wanted to quit multiples times already so this actually might be it.

INC HiImGosu as main ADC!?

Good bye Rush hour

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

So I've heard that CLG got destroyed... quite disappoint for everyone really, you would expect MUCH more from a good team that trained in Korea for few weeks. Doublelift has been falling off for a while now, especially that everyone on the team improved so much, Aphro alone carries him quite a bit, without him Dlift would be a trainwreck way earlier.

but man its good to see voyboy geting the credit he deserves

his syndra was insane

the interview
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2014-08-25 at 02:16 AM.