Thread: LCS Thread

ADC meta is more diverse now than it ever has been really, no idea what you're talking about. It's normally restricted to 3-4 champs, ATM it's pretty wide open (Lucian, Kog, Trist, Corki, Twith primarily and sill see Vayne, Ez, Graves every so often and even Jinx a few times). Varus was picked a few times in group stages and actually played quite well (by MKZ or Bigfile? can't recall).

Watching only Western games doesn't really give a good idea, but I guess it does act to purely help support your observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Genja plays Varus and Ashe. Doublelift has picked Sivir.
    This patch? Or even the last 4 patches?

The ADC meta shrunk by like half over the last month because of the late game meta shift that's been happening (and the BF Sword itemization changes).

Before the BT nerf, you had your BT carries (Jinx, Graves, Caitlyn), your BoRK carries (Vayne, Twitch), your Triforce carries (Ezreal, Corki) and then Lucian (who could build whatever the fuck he wanted to). Then you had niche picks like Genja's Varus, Sneaky's Ashe or the occasional Talisman of Ascension bot Sivir.

Now? You've got Lucian, Trist, Kog, Corki and Twitch, then a regional preference on Ezreal and Graves and some random oddball picks here and there (although I haven't seen an Ashe or Varus in months).
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2014-08-31 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFS is this Pass the Yasuo around Jesus. LMQ has to be on point this game and shut Voy down or its over.

Also I still hold my Case XYX is the best Yasuo in NA and you can't tell me nuttin.
    Last edited by Akaena; 2014-08-31 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    This patch? Or even the last 4 patches?
    http://lol.gamepedia.com/Varus_-_The...petitive_Usage

HAHAHA, oh dear god the Curse forever 4th place is scarily real. Up 2-0 against LMQ, now it's 2-2. If they lose this game and end up 4th... no words hahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said RIP Voy total shut down that actually hurt to watch get CC and blown up. Come on LMQ for LOMO!

Deleted
    gg curse this will be a 3v2 for LMQ. I do find it really silly that you just have to win one teamfight convincinly and you can easy go baron and the game is over after 15 minutes, shouldnt be possible, i thought Rito wanted to reduce the snowball potential. But Curse now fall back to their fail teamfighting combined with passive laning, iwdominate no impact early game.

Also i feel like that game evolves to much around visions these days, everyone just buys a shit ton of wards and are busy sweeping, making ganks impossible cause the map in early and midgame is just lit up like a christmas threes and you got boring laning without anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    gg curse this will be a 3v2 for LMQ. I do find it really silly that you just have to win one teamfight convincinly and you can easy go baron and the game is over after 15 minutes, shouldnt be possible, i thought Rito wanted to reduce the snowball potential. But Curse now fall back to their fail teamfighting combined with passive laning, iwdominate no impact early game.

Also i feel like that game evolves to much around visions these days, everyone just buys a shit ton of wards and are busy sweeping, making ganks impossible cause the map in early and midgame is just lit up like a christmas threes and you got boring laning without anything.

Rito can only do so much from stopping snowballs. LMQ didn't do anything AMAZING to get the barron other then a good team fight. Vision has always been a staple of LoL though so I don't get what you mean.
    Last edited by Akaena; 2014-08-31 at 10:47 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Curse might have problems with that Kogmaw late, Akali is the only one that can kill him and they have tons of peel with Braum and Mao. I feel like unless they have a huge lead, LMQ has the better team fight.

edit: I will never understand their hardon for Lulu, Maokai would make their comp 100% better.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-08-31 at 11:21 PM.

Well this has turned into the most exciting BO5 for this playoff for sure.... Thought i was going to be a quick 3-0 for curse.

anddddd curse just threw with that baron try.

GG LMQ, was hoping they won first round and TSM was eliminated but oh well.

NoName went godlike this game.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2014-08-31 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    YEAH bitch stay 4ever 4th! LOMO baby!!!!! Except Quas im sad he wont go to world literately they only person I feel any emotion for on that team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voyboy messing up in teamfights really badly, keeps diving in far too early. Teamcomp wise Curse could work but they really should have taken a tankier support like Leona as to allow Voyboy to backdoor Koggles.

If they get Koggles and then Yasuo the fight is over but they're trying to fight straight up in the face instead of fighting in more unconventional ways. An assassin needs to sit back, I'm starting to believe they should pink ward areas to open up assassin's free area to the enemy carries. That should be a tactic, assassins get melted easily diving straight into the middle of a fight until they're like 4/0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaena View Post
    YEAH bitch stay 4ever 4th! LOMO baby!!!!! Except Quas im sad he wont go to world literately they only person I feel any emotion for on that team.
    He honestly is the best player on Curse, it shows with his consistency.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    crs pls .

Quote Originally Posted by Akaena View Post
    I get you're a voyboy hater but sheesh, imagine how Curse feels, winning two and then losing 3 in a row? You don't feel a twinge of sympathy? None at all?

I dunno I think Cop and Voy are the best on Curse, and looking at their faces/demeanor after the match I just felt bad for all of them, to always be that team must suck in it's own way.

Deleted
    Well Curse had no strategic edge... they just always looked for teamfights against a much better team comp for this, again and again went in like they didnt hit a brick wall before and gold lead wasnt there... should have focussed on creating picks with roaming akali/elise instead alawys group up for objectives, really deserved loss for curse as much as it hurts me.

The vision thing is, the team with the gold lead will just strangle your map of vision just because they can afford constant pink wards and more wards in general, and all this warding over the map really just destroys roaming at all you just farm your lane, wait for objectives to come up and then after thats done you go back to lane.

NA LCS making it happen we will have 4 teams from China this year.
    Last edited by mmoc901e5959a9; 2014-08-31 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I get you're a voyboy hater but sheesh, imagine how Curse feels, winning two and then losing 3 in a row? You don't feel a twinge of sympathy? None at all?
    Nope, I don't know what but I could never stand Voy maybe its every time they do a close up on him he always dose his stupid tongue thing. Yes you could say im a salty person but I'm not going to pretend they didn't play good they did amazing the first 2 games, wait not just good but there team fight was phenomenal. I will not take that away from them.

And Plus I do feel sympathy.. for Quas only so yeah still some feelings for at least one out of 5, dose that count?
    Last edited by Akaena; 2014-08-31 at 11:38 PM.

That last game crs deserved to be staying at home imo. Total tilt.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Curse pick/ban really needs work. Seemed like they just slapped together a desperation comp after losing the 2-0 lead. The obsession with Lulu first pick almost every game is really confusing, I see what they're trying to get out of it but why are they just ignoring the power of Maokai?