Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Om nom, nom nom om nom nom om om nom!

Yes, it may be really odd. But it was brought into the game due to some issues. Think it was legal issues in a way. Can't remember, was on twitter. But again, you shouldn't take it that hard, hardly any use it anyways and if they do, most are just ignored.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm truly sorry it ruins your RP immersion, OP. However, like most other people in the thread I find it hilarious and would like to thank you for showing me this feature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    The language barrier doesn't count for lore purposes, it's merely there for in-game RP and blocking communication between Horde and Alliance, nothing else. Lore-wise everyone can understand everyone, while everyone can also speak their own racial language.
    Well, it seems any race can speak some degree of Common anyhow (the novels do go into more detail one or two time), but it really is just a gameplay mechanic.

As for how they could have learned the languages, they did have explorers leave the turtle from time to time and then return. See Chen for example.

The fact that most of the responses, including myself, didn't know that this beta joke was left in the game should show how much of a non factor this is gameplay wise still though for the people who does effect this should be changed I am sure Blizzard has some interns around to where "coffee boy" can take this assignment and feel good about himself while fixing this issue

I do find it funny that they talk like that. But I'd also agree that it's a bit too goofy.

Off-topic: In what channels can you not understand other races languages? Because in /g everyone can understand everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    I do find it funny that they talk like that. But I'd also agree that it's a bit too goofy.

Off-topic: In what channels can you not understand other races languages? Because in /g everyone can understand everyone.
    /g, /p, /i, /raid, /bg, /[trade] - I think that is it
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

As mentioned before, they should combine Nom om nom with Ching ching boing and call it a day.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I always thought it was going to be some sort of joke on the Beta servers, and that they'd have some sort of Chinese-esqe language to fit things. At least something that looked vaguely Chinese would've been enough for me. The 'om nom nom' means that I will never, ever use Pandaren as a speech option, which annoys me deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    I wasn't aware of that, but that's pretty lame. Other races got a dedicatd language, and Pandaren got... fat joke language.
    Other races get fake gibberish. Pandaren got another fake gibberish. What's the problem?

I want to roll a panda for this now just to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Would you have prefer it to be CHIN CHONG BING BONG?
    This would be hilariously awesome
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I want to roll a panda for this now just to see it.
    Its how other people see it - not how you see it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

you act like pandas are serious.... its a joke, not a dick, don't take it like one.

likewise I'm sure whatever "fictional" language they spoke would be a lot like: ching chong bing bong. and that's not insulting to any REAL language and culture out there.

People actually use their racial languages to a degree where this matters?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Panda 1: "Oom Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom?"
    Panda 2: "Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom!"
    Panda 1: "NOM NOM NOM, nomnomnomn"
    Panda 2: "Ooooom nom nom nom"

This, is by far one of the most annoying things currently in wow for me. To anyone whos not an rper they probably don't care much, but as an rper, seeing this joke played on by blizzard with there racial language barrier, if any perpetuation of what is childish about pandaren was ever present, its this it.

It feels like when any other race is talking in there racial language, that the the devs put some thought into it, tauren, troll, draenei, forsaken, seemed like they made the effort. This however, when trying to rp with someone, its worse then having someone coming to troll your event, because its consider a legitimate language?
    Blame the super serious "mature" gamers for this one. Pretty sure Blizzard did it to mock them.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    because despite playing the beta I wasn't even aware of it, since I was just focused on playing the game and not rping. when it came live on my rp server and saw the NOM NOM NOM speech, I realized I was to late to speak out.
    Um no. Not buying it. You are full of shit. As soon as this popped up in beta there were tons of threads whining about it and I find it very hard to believe someone with over 8000 posts here somehow managed to miss it. Don't insult our intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    I wasn't aware of that, but that's pretty lame. Other races got a dedicatd language, and Pandaren got... fat joke language. And Blizzard isn't sure why subs declined a tad and people aren't taking this expansion (and all of its additions) seriously.
    Because this game was super serious and grimdark before Mop right? Oh wait it wasn't. Not even by a long shot.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    Blizzard does not take WoW as seriously as they did 6 years ago, there is a whole new crop of Devs now, who have a different attitude about the game.
    They do listen to the players, but yeah the time to bring this up would have been during Beta. At this point it would take a large number of vocal players to get their attention, which of course would cause the trolls and others who actually like the "om nom" to show up and it would be a mess on the forums.
    Yet again for the eternally dense, the same people who developed Wow and worked on the first expansions are still quite involved with the game. All of Blizzard's developers sit in on meetings for each others games and it is a collaborative effort like pretty much most software projects. Most of you people parroting this moronic bullshit have no damn clue what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    THAT is why subs declined? Wasn't aware of that, thanks for clarification.

I shall delete my Pandaren Monk and unsub immediately.
    im sure people quit when they thought Blizz ripped off kung fu panda.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    At least something that looked vaguely Chinese would've been enough for me.
    in that case, there would be people who write out the language like

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Would you have prefer it to be CHIN CHONG BING BONG?
    which would be deeply offensive. no thanks.

i like the way pandas communicate, it's cute. clearly blizzard had put less time into that part of the race of pandarens than they have for other races, but they spent a lot more time on the way panda moves, looks, reacts, etc.
    Sig by Populaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they aren't going to change it because of the 0.1% of role players that play wow. So what can I say? Deal with it. Now that I know they do this I am going to piss some people off with it lol.
    Aye mate

I laughed.

It really should be Ching Chong Bing PiNg Ding

But I can go with NONONONOMOOMONO lol