Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

saw this shared from my friend

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OVER-30-year...-/121064017825

there are a lot of things i would want from this collection.

especially stuff like pepsiman and the crows game that i would possibly never ever find anywhere else (the comic itself is hard to find... so the game)

what would you take? want? or pay for(and how much)?

Jesus, largest personal collection I've seen. I'll take it all.
    Just wondering, is he selling anything individually...
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-02-08 at 05:25 PM.

I think the current owner of this collection had a problem with spending.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

There was a thread here yesterday about this...impressive collection though

Deleted
    I bet some rich kid will buy it and brag about how many video games he has, and how much geeky he is to everyone else.

But in reality he will play 0 of these games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I think the current owner of this collection had a problem with spending.
    Based on their asking price, I'm guessing they dont understand what a "dollar" is.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    There was a thread here yesterday about this...impressive collection though
    Impressive but most of the items are still boxed, so he has all these cool collectors items that were not even used.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Based on their asking price, I'm guessing they dont understand what a "dollar" is.
    Over 5 hundred thousand dollars. That is more than a price of a home in most of the US. All in video games, most of which are still boxed and never played. Buying shit he has not used in 30 years, sounds like a spending problem.

Edit: just looked it up, that is over double the median new home price in the USA.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2013-02-08 at 05:28 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    What the... O.O Okey, that sure is impressive

Some Random Guy has recieved: [Dropped Jaw]
    Last edited by mmocb659d1a469; 2013-02-08 at 05:30 PM.

So this is what happens when nerds become rich... quite impressive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    To be fair, thats a reasonable asking price for whats actually up for sale. As someone who owns over 500~ish NES games, 250~ish SNES games and about 600~ish other games over various platforms already, if I was stupendously rich and money was no object I'd snap this collection up, in fact I'd probably go up to about 700,000.

If i had the money but wasnt stupendously rich (i.e. that was almost all my money) I'd seriously consider it as an investment but would like a closer look at the entire inventory. If its just standard common retail games, possibly not worth it to me, i'd be looking for some rare/exclusives like a Nintendo World Championship cart or some prototypes to make it worth it.

The Mrs would kill me though.
    Last edited by mmoc325c62f064; 2013-02-08 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    555k for a bunch of old games?lmfao

Impressive but most of the items are still boxed, so he has all these cool collectors items that were not even used.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 05:26 PM ----------

Over 5 hundred thousand dollars. That is more than a price of a home in most of the US. All in video games, most of which are still boxed and never played. Buying shit he has not used in 30 years, sounds like a spending problem.

Edit: just looked it up, that is over double the median new home price in the USA.
    It's called building a collection. Items lose value when you open the packaging.

The guy obviously has some spare change, I doubt he cares about the median home price.

Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    It's called building a collection. Items lose value when you open the packaging.

The guy obviously has some spare change, I doubt he cares about the median home price.
    What value does something have if it is never used?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

15+ Year Old Account
    Not worth it imo, but then again I don't have even close to that amount of money. If I were multimillionaire I might check out what games are in that collection to see whether I can make money on that investment or not.

As much as one would pay for it.

I like how he has 0 feedback and wants a bank only money transfer next hes going to tell us hes moving to Niagara so just send it to a bank there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixC13 View Post
    I like how he has 0 feedback and wants a bank only money transfer next hes going to tell us hes moving to Niagara so just send it to a bank there.
    if you can afford 550k Dollars to spend on games, then you can afford a flight to the city where the seller lives to go buy in person.

Deleted
    Dude... wow! Just wow... don't even have time to read all the names of those games.

Deleted
    Thats pretty subjective to say. I think with todays new generation of young millionares he will find a buyer

Quote Originally Posted by disposablesteve View Post
    To be fair, thats a reasonable asking price for whats actually up for sale. As someone who owns over 500~ish NES games, 250~ish SNES games and about 600~ish other games over various platforms already, if I was stupendously rich and money was no object I'd snap this collection up, in fact I'd probably go up to about 700,000.

If i had the money but wasnt stupendously rich (i.e. that was almost all my money) I'd seriously consider it as an investment but would like a closer look at the entire inventory. If its just standard common retail games, possibly not worth it to me, i'd be looking for some rare/exclusives like a Nintendo World Championship cart or some prototypes to make it worth it.

The Mrs would kill me though.
    You don't even have the time to play all those games within one lifetime. It's just a horrendous waste of money.

Okay if we all pool our money I think we can offer a bid .....and I mean "a" as in 1 bid. If we get get one other bidder we are screwed.

Impressive collection though.