Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Because she can't do anything herself anymore.
    It's the typical "useless princess" character.
    Does being rendered vulnerable devalue someone as a person? Needing help doesn't make someone weak, and doing everything alone doesn't make one strong. She never gives up or bemoans her situation; instead she does what she can to escape all while telling her would be rapist to go fuck himself. And her efforts do bear fruit. She was instrumental in her own rescue. More importantly though, her situation never breaks her. Asuna proves this by being able to move on, and when placed in a situation to do so she takes command again in Mother's Rosario.

Asuna never became weak, she just got fucked over, because sometimes, shit happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Sword art online is thought to be good enough to get its own thread?
    Opinions opinions but I thought is was boring as fuck, and fairly poorly written.
    You're in the vast majority with the opinion. I like it, as do a few others, but the "SAO is the best/worst anime ever" flame war has already been done a few times on this site, so... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You're in the vast majority with the opinion. I like it, as do a few others, but the "SAO is the best/worst anime ever" flame war has already been done a few times on this site, so... yeah.
    No flaming intended, I was genuinely surprised. It just pissed me off so much because the first 8-9 episodes or so was so good!
    Then... not so much.

Just finished the second half of S1; on the last episode of the season ATM.

I'm just gonna pretend none of that Alfheim bull@#$% happened and this episode takes place right after the Aincrad saga. Can I get away with that? Hopefully S2 doesn't reference fairy tale land. Ever. Ever...

- - - Updated - - -

Wait; no season 2 on Ntflix? Whaaa...

I have to admit; this is one of the few shows in a long time that have actually made me eager for a new season... whenever it comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Just finished the second half of S1; on the last episode of the season ATM.

I'm just gonna pretend none of that Alfheim bull@#$% happened and this episode takes place right after the Aincrad saga. Can I get away with that? Hopefully S2 doesn't reference fairy tale land. Ever. Ever...

- - - Updated - - -

Wait; no season 2 on Ntflix? Whaaa...

I have to admit; this is one of the few shows in a long time that have actually made me eager for a new season... whenever it comes out.
    It does. They quest in Alfheim at least for a bit. and yea SAO2 is only on Hulu so far...
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

s2 is meh sofar ......
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Should I just buy the magna then, if you guys keep moaning about the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No flaming intended, I was genuinely surprised. It just pissed me off so much because the first 8-9 episodes or so was so good!
    Then... not so much.
    Honestly I keep thinking about SAO and trying to figure out things that I did really enjoy, because I do agree it flops on quite a bit (Everything feels so rushed to be honest), but I felt like one thing it nailed perfectly at the start was like, nothing was overpowered really. There was no big enemy that was like "Hey, I can chuck planets at you", and the thing that was considered OP was the fact that Kirito could duel wield, something that's extremely simple to other fantasy stories. Like, that really got me honestly, but maybe I'm just tired of seeing Dragonball Z garbage types of power, where it starts to ascend to the point of "Well, now they're gods basically, what do".

Just watch it on animefreak all the episodes are there and easy to find, sword art online is a light novel btw, however there is several manga side stories available but these are not integral to the overall plot.

- http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sword-Art-Online-Progressive
    - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sword-Art-Online-Fairy-Dance
    - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sword-Art-Online
    - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sword-Art-Online-Girls-Ops

Personally i only really cared for fairy dance and girls ops.

it's not a manga, it's a light novel series.
    but if you didn't really like anything past the first couple anime episodes i'd suggest against it. mostly it becomes (to the best of my understanding) what is life, what is the soul, stuff like that not really like a clear cut story line like in the first anime episodes.

Sword art online is thought to be good enough to get its own thread?
    Opinions opinions but I thought is was boring as fuck, and fairly poorly written.
    I liked it until it became more about the technology behind the game rather than the game itself. Once it started focusing on their real world lives and problems, it got old... I can't even bring myself to care enough to watch Season 2 anymore, stopped a few weeks ago and just don't care about the story.