Fresh Spriest - Crit instead of Haste?

Hey Guys,

I just recently changed main to a Spriest. I'm only at 469ilvl. I'm no where close to 8085 haste rating, even with reforges/gems I'm only around 4k haste rating . So should I stack crit instead of haste until I get gear upgrades that would allow me to reach the haste cap?

Any advise appreciated =)

10+ Year Old Account
    My understanding is that haste is pretty much always better until 8085.

Deleted
    Haste is quite a bit better than both crit and mastery up to 8085.

Once you reach the breakpoint, all 3 secondary stats become really close in value, with crit edging out ahead and mastery still being slightly behind.

I'm not so sure. For example, if I knew that even with reforging everything to haste and gemming full haste and haste only would take me nowhere near next haste cap, meaning I wouldn't get any additional ticks, I'd try to gem total intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    Haste is quite a bit better than both crit and mastery up to 8085.

Once you reach the breakpoint, all 3 secondary stats become really close in value, with crit edging out ahead and mastery still being slightly behind.
    ^this and nothing else

Just remember Int scales better than any of your secondaries. If you don't have enough static haste on your gear to reach a breakpoint, you're better off geming Int until you can get there.

Ok thanks for the info guys =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    I'm not so sure. For example, if I knew that even with reforging everything to haste and gemming full haste and haste only would take me nowhere near next haste cap, meaning I wouldn't get any additional ticks, I'd try to gem total intellect.
    I'd probably gem for set bonus (with reckless / purified gems) - you get twice as much haste as int on gems so they're pretty close, and with the set bonuses the overall stat gain is higher.