Thread: 5.4? Wait what?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblestikk View Post
    Just assumed off the Cataclysm model is all.

Hoping for this.
    Blizz keeps saying they want to change the model since people were bored with DS, they want to push more smaller patches rather than large, infrequent ones. Let's wait and see if they keep their word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So what? They'll release SoO in September? Then what? We will wait until September 2014 until the next expansion? Either the SoO is not the last raid or they will simply not release the SoO in the next few patches...
    Why does the next expansion have to come out in September? Everyone said "No way MoP will come out in September, it's coming out around Christmas time!!!" I don't know where you got that we have to wait until September 2014?

If I recall, Blizzard stated that they want the time between expansions to be less than 2 years from now on. That would mean 6.0 will be out before September 2014. Cata to MoP was 21 (closer to 22) months. Why would MoP to 6.0 be 24? I'm willing to bet it comes out no later than the end of July 2014 and wouldn't be shocked to see it as early as April since they already seem to know what they want to do based on some spoilers from Wrathion and them stating that MoP was just the calm before the storm before it ever was released.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-02-09 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    Blizz keeps saying they want to change the model since people were bored with DS, they want to push more smaller patches rather than large, infrequent ones. Let's wait and see if they keep their word.
    I guess I'm just assuming they wont.

If they want to do better than Cata then they will keep the SoO until 5.6. I'm putting Wrath as an example cause during Cata they messed up.

5.0 - Starter Raids - 3.0
    5.1 - Lore Patch
    5.2 - First Raid - 3.1 (Ulduar)
    5.3 - Lore Patch
    5.4 - Second Raid - 3.2 (ToC)
    5.5 - Lore Patch
    5.6 - Third Raid - 3.3 (ICC)

So it's not wise to stop at 5.4 cause they will have less raids than Wrath. Don't mention Cata cause Blizz themselves said they fucked up.
    1. Wrath had a rehashed raid as Naxx so there was more development time. They did not need to redo item or boss models for it and other than tuning the mechanics for 10/25 the boss abilities remained the same

2. ToC was a 5 boss raid in two rooms

3. If they add another raid patch, MoP will last longer than the expansion needs to, which will make them fail miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    1. Wrath had a rehashed raid as Naxx so there was more development time. They did not need to redo item or boss models for it and other than tuning the mechanics for 10/25 the boss abilities remained the same

2. ToC was a 5 boss raid in two rooms

3. If they add another raid patch, MoP will last longer than the expansion needs to, which will make them fail miserably.
    Ok then, I hope you are prepared for the whinefest that will ensue when the next expansion releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Why does the next expansion have to come out in September? Everyone said "No way MoP will come out in September, it's coming out around Christmas time!!!" I don't know where you got that we have to wait until September 2014?

If I recall, Blizzard stated that they want the time between expansions to be less than 2 years from now on. That would mean 6.0 will be out before September 2014.
    they are saying that since tBC... and tbh if they really dont want people to get fed up with them, they are not gonna give us another year of a single raid like DS or ICC. If SoO was in september, new expansion should be there in april, at most. I really doubt they are gonna have finished new expansion a year from now.

I guess I'm just assuming they wont.
    What in your opinion is an acceptable amount of time between the final tier and the next expansion? To me it's 6 months.

Ok then, I hope you are prepared for the whinefest that will ensue when the next expansion releases.
    Don't talk nonsense. No matter what happens a whinefest will ensue when the next expansion releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    they are saying that since tBC... and tbh if they really dont want people to get fed up with them, they are not gonna give us another year of a single raid like DS or ICC. If SoO was in september, new expansion should be there in april, at most. I really doubt they are gonna have finished new expansion a year from now.
    1. DS was 10 months not a year (9 months if you count pre-launch patch)
    2. They came through with their word and released MoP less than 2 years after Cata.

What in your opinion is an acceptable amount of time between the final tier and the next expansion? To me it's 6 months.
    it's fine to have a longer time period before the next expansion. I usually have some stuff to finish up in the old expansion, participate in the beta if possible, round out the alts, etc-etc. I'd say 8ish month is ok, 10 is about the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    it's fine to have a longer time period before the next expansion. I usually have some stuff to finish up in the old expansion, participate in the beta if possible, round out the alts, etc-etc. I'd say 8ish month is ok, 10 is about the limit.
    10 is kind of pushing it. That was how long DS was and lots of people complained, but I think at least part of that was that DS was not liked by many people and LFR made people get tired of it a lot faster than previous raid tiers (which means we'll have the same problem with the final raid in MoP so I doubt Blizzard goes 10 months again).

Blizzard already confirmed (cba to find the source, but it's out there) that 5.3 will be a minor patch without a raid similar to 5.1. Most likely 5.4 will contain the last raid of this expansion, and weather there'll be a 5.5 minor patch or not isn't known yet, but I'd say it's likely, and for all we know there might be a whole additional tier too (before SoO).

We don't know when any of these patches will be out but my prediction is that 5.2 will be out in late March, 5.3 the end of May and 5.4 at the end of summer (September-ish).
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I think your confusion comes from your assumptions or misinformation. 5.3 was confirmed to not have a raid tier, and no one knows what's in 5.4.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2013-02-09 at 03:07 PM.

1. DS was 10 months not a year (9 months if you count pre-launch patch)
    true. then again, DS only had 8 bosses and basically no new locations, only remade ones
    2. They came through with their word and released MoP less than 2 years after Cata.
    see above. For the new content during Cata we got (Firelands were new, otherwise it was reuse^2), even 1 year 10 months were slap in the face.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont see there being a patch 5.6 o.o Although 5.4 would seem too quick too to end the expansion there, unless there's a huge gap between it and 6.0. But I doubt they're doing the ICC mistake again.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I'm just saying that if they make 5.4 the SoO they will fail miserably.
    Why do you think that?

Deleted
    Pushing out content faster =/= pushing out expansions faster.

MoP could go up to 5.6.. no one knows, but I hope it does.

5.4? I thought the Siege of Org was 5.3, and that Garrosh was to be the Last Boss of this expansion?

What do you guys think 5.4 could contain? I'm hoping not another Halion...
    Bolded the keyword.

I have NEVER seen anyone mention that siege was 5.3, and it has been pretty much common knowledge for a year now that every other major patch is a raid patch.

5.4 will contain more raid nerfs so anyone doing the raid(s) in question will get the FoS for doing the unnerfed ones.

Deleted
    as far i remember reading blue posts.

it sounded like 5.3 would be similiar too 5.1 that it was story building towards 5.4 which i understood so far would become the final raid of this tier.
    (and the end of the alliance vs horde war for now) might be a 5.5 patch which starts working towards the new expansion also. but that all speculation on my part