Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What the hell was I served?

So I went into this bar I don't know in a zone I don't know to grab a burger and a beer, just to hold out until dinner. Beer was fine, burger was fine, place wasn't undergroundish or anything, just a plain old bar. Then by the second beer, the waitress gives me a tequila glass with something I thought was clamato for my beer and... it tasted like shit. Kinda like a mixture between that nasty orange flavored cough syrup and orange gatorade mix, but definitely a medicine flavor. So my question is, what the hell was I served? I didn't ask for it, the other table got it too without asking for it, and tbh I felt kinda embarrassed to ask what it was. I've never tried coke or ecstasy so idk if it was something like that, but I doubt it because I really didn't feel anything afterwards. Is this customary in today's bars?

Deleted
    Why drink it if you didn't ask for it?

Deleted
    if it was a greek bar it could have been ouzo.. but the orange flavour doesn't really fit with that..

I have no idea, I've never heard of such a thing.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    Never drink anything you didn't order yourself. Worst case scenario the drink could've been spiked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could have been blood orange juice or the juice mixed with something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Was it sparkling?
    What colour was it?
    Could you taste alcohol in it or did it burn your throat like spirits do?

Why drink it if you didn't ask for it?
    Eh, it was the middle of the day and I really don't think a full fledged establishment can go for anything more dangerous than ecstasy.

if it was a greek bar it could have been ouzo.. but the orange flavour doesn't really fit with that..
    I doubt it, but I just read some bars serve cough syrup as an actual drink... guess the bar's gimmick is to randomly give cough syrup in tequila glasses to first timers? >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Waitress in a place i have never been before serves me something i didn't ask for or don't know what it is..my first instincts are to drink it? 0o

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Orange Sidecar:
    Our reinterpretation of a
    prohibition era favorite: El Jimador
    Aeñjo tequila is combined with
    blood orange puree, fresh squeezed
    lemon juice and triple sec and
    served in a snifter.

Could be this. If it was a mexican place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Im with everyone else, be rude next time and ask what it is. Beats the hell out of drinking something you may regret.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Jagermeister tastes a hell of a lot like cough syrup, perhaps it was that + an orangey mixer.

Was it sparkling?
    What colour was it?
    Not sparkling, looked kinda like clamato but thinner. I remember the taste from somewhere or something, I just can't remember where... it also had a hint of Pepto Bismol.

It could have been blood orange juice or the juice mixed with something else.
    Nah, I drink that all the time and this was nothing like that.

Worst case scenario the drink could've been spiked.
    Spiked would be...? Sorry, I'm not a native speaker.

Cointreau or Campari?

Spiked = they slipped something in the drink to make you very drunk, unconscious or worse.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-02-09 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
    Put drugs like roofies in it.

Jagermeister tastes a hell of a lot like cough syrup, perhaps it was that + an orangey mixer.
    This didn't taste like alcohol at all tho, just medicine.

Could be this. If it was a mexican place.
    Guess it was a mexican place, since I live in Mexico city :P I know what the drink you describe tastes like tho, it wasn't anything like that.

[QUOTE=Slutty;20158968
    Spiked would be...? Sorry, I'm not a native speaker.[/QUOTE]

Spiked means someone could have put some sort of drug in it.

Waitress in a place i have never been before serves me something i didn't ask for or don't know what it is..my first instincts are to drink it? 0o
    IN MY DEFENSE SHE WAS CUTE

Well it got served to the other tables too, so I thought it was like the barman's sampler or some bar gimmick. I probably wouldn't have drank it if it was just me.

It was rape, you have now been raped. GG.

Why drink it without even asking what the hell it was..

Deleted
    Something that was getting bad and they needed to get rid of it.