AMD 2700x stock cooler install help?

So I’m trying to build my computer and I am having hell with the AMD stock wraith cooler. Maybe I’m used to Intel where I had to be super delicate and had the little shield over it to lock it down..but with AMD, there is no shield and I cannot get the freakin clips from the cooler to latch..I can get one side on but I feel like I need the power of Zeus to get the other side on...is it supposed to be this hard or require this much force?

Kinda requires a lot of force, yeah.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Kinda requires a lot of force, yeah.

What he said.

last amd cooler i installed was for an athlon 64 x2 and it felt like the pressure needed to get that latch on was a gnat's off the pressure needed to cleave the motherboard.

terrifying shit to be honest. much prefer these easy screw on coolers!

Quote Originally Posted by Everythingzen View Post
    So I’m trying to build my computer and I am having hell with the AMD stock wraith cooler. Maybe I’m used to Intel where I had to be super delicate and had the little shield over it to lock it down..but with AMD, there is no shield and I cannot get the freakin clips from the cooler to latch..I can get one side on but I feel like I need the power of Zeus to get the other side on...is it supposed to be this hard or require this much force?
    Just put a few turns ( 1/2 to 1 full turn of you can) on the first screw press down on the fan to keep it level and then put the screw in a diagonal line opposite the first in. You should be fine from there on.

I have put on possibly 6 to 7 stock AMD Ryzen coolers and they are fine , just need a bit of pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    last amd cooler i installed was for an athlon 64 x2 and it felt like the pressure needed to get that latch on was a gnat's off the pressure needed to cleave the motherboard.

terrifying shit to be honest. much prefer these easy screw on coolers!
    Nothing changed since that time. Just bracket positions and leg spacings, the system is still the same
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

I finally got it. I think something was wrong with the clips on first stock cooler cause there was no way i was going to latch on both clips. I returned it and got another one, and had no issues. It required some force, but nothing like the previous one. Thank u!