Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Best Destro trinket ever?

So, I was scrolling around new raid 5.2 items, and when i saw this trinket, I dreamed the possibility of all those fat Chaos bolts.

Since it gives a flat 100% crit chance but not any actual crit rating , will it be affecting Chaos bolt? Is someone possible to give an answer atm without any testing (just theorycraft) , I would like to hear some opinions.

Thanks in advance

Edit : I will make here a list of the LFR trinkets just in case
    Wushoolay's Final Choice
    Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance
    Breath of the Hydra
    Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-10 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    if you look at the buff you can see it increases ur critical strike chance by 100%, so I dont see why it wouldnt work with chaos bolt

The only thing I am concerned is that tooltip doesn't say "by an additional" ,so it might be a buff that makes your spells in those 4 sec guranteed to crit, but you get no additional critical rating. And since Chaos bolt is guranteed to crit, maybe is unaffected by the trinket's buff.

Deleted
    I'm curious whether this will work with pandemic and dots, since a 100% critical strike chance for the full duration of doom would be awesome for demonology warlocks for example.
    Or imagine a full-duration-100%-crit, dotline for affliction warlocks...

Chaos bolt is guranteed to crit - so crit chance will increase it damage - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116858
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2013-02-10 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charaz View Post
    I'm curious whether this will work with pandemic and dots, since a 100% critical strike chance for the full duration of doom would be awesome for demonology warlocks for example.
    Or imagine a full-duration-100%-crit, dotline for affliction warlocks...
    Looking at random single-target log, damage of basic dots for Affliction is about 45% of total damage. Let's say we have 20% crit in raid. (45/1.2)*2 = 75. 75-45 = 30% total damage increase. Unless it has very long icd to prevent crazy Pandemic stacking, which is unlikely considering short duration, it will either be changed or have some special mechanic to prevent it from dot stat snaphotting.

Why would they identify that pvp burst trinkets played a big part in imbalance, then say there was a possibility some people would use pve trinkets instead... then release this trinket lol. Oh well, at least it's not a damage proc.

Hope this isn't one of those, affliction will be the best spec to play until you get this trinket then go demo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    The only thing I am concerned is that tooltip doesn't say "by an additional" ,so it might be a buff that makes your spells in those 4 sec guranteed to crit, but you get no additional critical rating. And since Chaos bolt is guranteed to crit, maybe is unaffected by the trinket's buff.
    The tooltip says it increases your crit chance by 100%, why would it say "by an additional", if it only has one crit-increasing effect?

ICD on this thing must be mad long lol..if you can chain this with ds,bannet, and other procs then i wouldnt be amazed to see 1m + cbs

Deleted
    Best affliction trinket ever. Yes, you get some crazy chaos bolt numbers, but that will not massively increase your dps (because you'll only be able to cast one chaos bolt, reasonably).

Demo: You can can have 100% uptime on full-crit Doom, which summons imps. Crazy.
    Affliction: snapshotting of dots will increase damage massively and devalue crit on gear even more.

No way jose that thing will hit live.

The problem with that trinket is that the buff only lasts 4 seconds...

By the time you notice it proc and wait for your current GCD to be over you'll likely not be able to finish casting Chaos Bolt before the buff ends.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-10 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demez View Post
    The tooltip says it increases your crit chance by 100%, why would it say "by an additional", if it only has one crit-increasing effect?
    This is to differentiate between a multiplicative and an additive increase.
    *Increases your crit chance by 50% = 1.5x multiplier on your critical chance, so 20% crit goes to 30% crit.
    *Increases your crit chance by an additional 50% = +0.5 additive increase on your critical chance, so 20% crit goes to 70% crit.

It doesn't work here as the wording is different.

EDIT: People talking about 100% crit Doom don't understand that DoTs now link to your character's current stats. This was to stop things like Shadow Priests having a Shadow Word: Pain carry all the trinket procs and effects whilst the effects weren't on the character (when you could use Mind Flay to refresh the DoT). The only way you'll be able to get Doom to crit with the crit trinket is if you cast Doom and get the proc between 11 and 14.9 seconds later, or between 26 and 29.9 seconds later, or between 41 and 44.9 seconds later, or between 56 and 59.9 seconds later.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Chaos bolt is guranteed to crit - so crit rating will increase it damage
    This trinket grants no crit rating.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2013-02-10 at 05:46 PM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    People talking about 100% crit Doom don't understand that DoTs now link to your character's current stats. This was to stop things like Shadow Priests having a Shadow Word: Pain carry all the trinket procs and effects whilst the effects weren't on the character (when you could use Mind Flay to refresh the DoT). The only way you'll be able to get Doom to crit with the crit trinket is if you cast Doom and get the proc between 11 and 14.9 seconds later, or between 26 and 29.9 seconds later, or between 41 and 44.9 seconds later, or between 56 and 59.9 seconds later.
    No 10 characters?

Deleted
    EDIT: People talking about 100% crit Doom don't understand that DoTs now link to your character's current stats. This was to stop things like Shadow Priests having a Shadow Word: Pain carry all the trinket procs and effects whilst the effects weren't on the character (when you could use Mind Flay to refresh the DoT). The only way you'll be able to get Doom to crit with the crit trinket is if you cast Doom and get the proc between 11 and 14.9 seconds later, or between 26 and 29.9 seconds later, or between 41 and 44.9 seconds later, or between 56 and 59.9 seconds later.
    You are so wrong. Your buffs are snapshotted when you cast/refresh your DoTs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    You are so wrong. Your buffs are snapshotted when you cast/refresh your DoTs...
    They changed that ages ago, and I even referenced why.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    When someone, probably zum, cares enough to show you that you are wrong, I'll just refresh this every now and then for a good laugh.

Deleted
    Nope they didn't. They made refreshes update the stats, so that you couldn't keep the same fully buffed DoT through all the fight, that's all.

I guess this is what you are talking about : http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t112939-...ff_and_Debuffs
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-02-10 at 06:01 PM.

Nope they didn't. They made refreshes update the stats, so that you couldn't keep the same fully buffed DoT through all the fight, that's all.

I guess this is what you are talking about : http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t112939-...ff_and_Debuffs
    He read snapshot and figured that each tick snapshotted your current stats would be my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Checked all the 4.0 patch notes, nowhere to be seen.

My point still stands.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    If this wasn't forbidden I would call you a <big gobelin>, so let's assume you are just misinformed

Not sure how we can convince you, just go on a target dummy (if you even play the game) and test your theory; nobody here will agree with you.