View Poll Results: Do you like this class concept so far?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    20 21.28%
  • NO

    52 55.32%
  • Never(explain why plzzz)

    22 23.40%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Troll shaman will be getting some flavor in 5.4 with the new minor glyphs. They probably won't look great on other races though.
    Man how I wish I could drop three Searing totems at once. That serpent ward glyph is sweet!

  2. #42
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Honestly, the draenei witch doctor in STV felt really weird.

    Troll priests are supposed to be witch doctors, it'd be cool if they added some more flavor to priests(and paladins) so they were more similar to how they're supposed to be in lore. No mechanics changing, but changing animations for troll priests so they're more voodoo flavored, they could do similar things for other races. I don't think there's enough there for witch doctor to be it's own class.
    nope. Troll priests are priests. its like saying a Porsche and a Ferrari are the same just because they are both 4x4. They aren't. But even though I can sense the confusion in everybodies' mind about this I will clear out this doubt:
    -priests use holy and divine powers whilst WDs use JUJU. they are FAR from the same thing as JUJU is "a crude yet effective science"-as its described in the wiki.
    ^this makes ALL the difference, far from the visual effects that you propose which are not enough to change the "flavour" as you call it, because Flavour as I see it, is mecahanic-wise, not visual.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    My only problem is I can't see any Alliance races actually being witch doctors. And I only really see Trolls being them on the Horde. I have nothing against a witch doctor class per say, but feel that that archetype can already be played up through troll shamans or priests. Not to say you couldn't make a class out of this, but any race beyond trolls being one is a huge stretch.
    Gnome witch doctors can work same with draenei and pandaren and human. For horde orc tauren troll pandaren seem obvious

  4. #44
    I just can't imagine any races other than troll and maybe gnome being witchdoctors. And gnomes only because of the voodoo gnome trinkets. Sure you could shove it onto some other classes and say 'tada' but I just don't see it being somewhat that translates to other races as well as say monks.
    Last edited by Malzra; 2013-08-17 at 01:58 PM.

  5. #45
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Shaman and witch doctors in Warcraft are virtually interchangeable and adding witch doctors alongside shaman would just be confusing. It would also force a redesign/overhual for shaman to get rid of the spiritual aspect of their class and center it around their connection with the elements. Problem with that is that blizzard clearly has no intention of a class tune up for shaman now let alone with another new class in the mix.
    Also dwarves' shamanistic ways make more sense for this type of class than human/worgen.
    I don't agree, for obvious reasons =p.
    " Shaman and witch doctors in Warcraft are virtually interchangeable" this is virtually correct =). They are indeed the same in warcraft but NOT on the RPG or WOW. You must aknowledge that circumstance.
    In WOW there would be no grand redesign needed nor overhaul because shamans do not tend to the spiritual realm as much as you would expect from a WD or a priest even. So I honestly don't know what is your concern here...

    But your dwarves suggestion makes sense to me

  6. #46
    Sorry it doesn't make sense to me, it just seems like a Troll (race) rather than a class. I would change alot of things like stances armour type to leather maybe. Its almost like a bad wannabe monk. Sorry

  7. #47
    I appreciate the thought you put into it, and respect the work you've done, but I voted never. It just doesn't fit anything other than Trolls, innately. Yes, you can bend lore for other races to be involved, if you really need to, but at the end of the day, if you say Witch Doctor to the average WoW player, their mind will jump to a Troll.

    Trolls have had huge lore bits in the past two expansions, I don't feel like we need anymore and this would certainly tie really, really heavily in with the Troll lore.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    nope. Troll priests are priests. its like saying a Porsche and a Ferrari are the same just because they are both 4x4. They aren't. But even though I can sense the confusion in everybodies' mind about this I will clear out this doubt:
    -priests use holy and divine powers whilst WDs use JUJU. they are FAR from the same thing as JUJU is "a crude yet effective science"-as its described in the wiki.
    ^this makes ALL the difference, far from the visual effects that you propose which are not enough to change the "flavour" as you call it, because Flavour as I see it, is mecahanic-wise, not visual.
    Priests don't have unified lore, each race has a different version of priests. And yes, troll priests are loa worshipers. All priests have the same mechanics for the sake of gameplay, they do not all have the same lore.

  9. #49
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Priests don't have unified lore, each race has a different version of priests. And yes, troll priests are loa worshipers. All priests have the same mechanics for the sake of gameplay, they do not all have the same lore.
    Well yeah you could close one eye and pretend that but you won't see troll priests conjuring Juju magic nor invoking Loa spirits =P.
    And about the lore I think you are taking it too much into account. Tell me that a troll priest is a WD or a forsaken priest is a whatever you wanna cal it, but in-game and for all intents and purposes, they go to the same priest trainer and are called priests by everyone.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    My only problem is I can't see any Alliance races actually being witch doctors. And I only really see Trolls being them on the Horde. I have nothing against a witch doctor class per say, but feel that that archetype can already be played up through troll shamans or priests. Not to say you couldn't make a class out of this, but any race beyond trolls being one is a huge stretch.
    Yeah but humans can be Warlocks..so why not Witch Doctors?

  11. #51
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathbyFrostBomb73 View Post
    Yeah but humans can be Warlocks..so why not Witch Doctors?
    I think that humans are IN FACT the most connected to WD apart from Trolls. Wouldn't we be humans and we have WD in real life as well?

  12. #52
    You know what Witch Doctors are?

    Troll Shamans.

  13. #53
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    You know what Witch Doctors are?

    Troll Shamans.
    some cal them shamans some say they are priests. To me they are just Witch Doctors =)

  14. #54
    I have a Troll Priest solely because I originally wanted a Witchdoctor, and it seemed like the most fitting choice. Since then, they removed the Priest racials that made them more unique and 'Witchdoctor-like', like Hex of Weakness and Shadowguard. Maybe I should have went with Shaman instead, but I still admire the Disc-priest gameplay for dungeons and PVP.

    Witchdoctor would be a fun class to play, and I can see it having some differences from Shamans. I don't know if it's deserving to be a full class, but I think at least one spec of this could be fun. Voodoo is just as firmly rooted in Warcraft as Shamanism and Druidism, and considering Trolls are one of the ancient races of Azeroth, I think their 'magic' could be explored further.

  15. #55

  16. #56
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Shaman....
    excuse me, what is there so shaman-like in this Witch Doctor? I don't see where is the confusion.
    -shaman are mail wearers, melee fighters wich control the elements
    -witch doctors are cloth wearers, ranged fighters that employ dark and mysterious art of the JUJU.

    And these are just the first on the top of my head.

  17. #57
    Well, Hex for starters...

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    excuse me, what is there so shaman-like in this Witch Doctor? I don't see where is the confusion.
    -shaman are mail wearers, melee fighters wich control the elements
    -witch doctors are cloth wearers, ranged fighters that employ dark and mysterious art of the JUJU.

    And these are just the first on the top of my head.
    Here's the problem you see. World of Warcraft Shamans are a mix of Witch Doctors, Shadow Hunters, Shamans and Farseers. Just about every element from all of those units from Warcraft 3 have become the Shaman. In other words, those 'classes' simply can't be anymore because they combined and became the Shaman. Any attempt at making these classes will....Surprise, surprise, make a Shaman.

  19. #59
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Well, Hex for starters...
    okay. that and the totem but you know that priests and paladins also share the same spells.

  20. #60
    Gonna have to go with no, sorry.

    Far too much overlap with existing classes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •