Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You were proven guilty? You were offended to help a rape case find the predator? Seriously?
    Where did you read he said he was proven guilty? Are you trolling? I don't think you read that correctly. He was probably one of the men that was selected to stand in front of the one way mirror and he found that offensive and I personally found that completely understandable. I mean just look at your post, you misread and automatically went for the guilt, as if anybody would confess to being a convicted rapist on this forum.

Why it is offensive? Because people who have nothing to do with the case shouldn't get selected unless there's a real doubt about their innocence cause otherwise assholes like you immediately jump to the conclusion that because they're even part of the investigation then they must be guilty. And that's the kinda shit that can potentially ruin lives.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Im definitely not trolling just trying to show you whiners that your logic for being offended is absurd! All the while giving women shit for feeling the way they do...

When youre on a boat and someone is raped and no one knows who it was, might it be safe to say that that person is still on the boat? Wouldnt it be a good idea to catch him? If that requires standing in front of a window for 2 minutes with EVERY OTHER MAN ON THE BOAT to catch him, thats worthy of being offended? Are you trolling?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2013-02-11 at 04:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im definitely not trolling just trying to show you whiners that your logic for being offended is absurd!
    That sentence is thick with irony. Oh and in case you aren't doing it on purpose: everybody who has different view of life than you isn't automatically a whiner who has their panties in a bunch.

When youre on a boat and no one knows who it was, might it be safe to say that that person is still on the boat? Wouldnt it be a good idea to catch him? If that requires standing in front of a window for 2 minutes with EVERY OTHER MAN ON THE BOAT to catch him, thats worthy of being offended? Are you trolling?
    I already gave you my reasoning for why it could be thought of as offensive, you chose to ignore it. Personally I see no problem with standing in front of a one-mirror in a line up in order to help the victim identify the suspect but too often it's done in an amateurish way where people like you say "look the police are talking to him and now they're taking him away (to the line up), man he must the rapist!" and that's potentially harmful aka offensive.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-11 at 04:16 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    That sentence is thick with irony. Oh and in case you aren't doing it on purpose: everybody who has different view of life than you isn't automatically a whiner who has their panties in a bunch.
    Or stop hating on women because you lack self esteem to talk to them in a normal fashion?

Take a step back and recognize that the majority of the posts on this thread are senseless whining posts about being offended about being perceived as a rapist, while not one woman has agreed with the male consensus
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2013-02-11 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    It's a "Men are wrong" world. We just have to deal with it and hope it passes and equality will eventually get here.
    It does seem that way.

To be fair I have found myself taking the long way home when walking at night if a women seems nervous at my presence.

The sad thing is even though i may look scary when i'm in a skull hoody and black coat I would risk my life to save someone if they got attacked and i was nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    It's not about suspecting that you, as an individual, are capable of committing a violent crime, it's simply about minimising risk, as far as I am concerned. For example, not all groups of youngsters hanging around on the streets at night are going to try and mug someone. However, some do, and that's enough to make me a little extra cautious.
    Yet if a girl crossed the road before and after me, as in OP's example, I would take it as a personal offense. It would mean she judged me by my gender and by my look.
    If she did the same with a black girl it would be called discrimination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    That's the satisfying sound of backpedaling.

Your original statement was:

Note where you said "probably" and now you're saying it is where they admitted to lying, despite that being false?

Of reported rapes, 8% are falsely accused of "rape". Rape, as defined by US law, is unwilling or forceful vaginal penetration. 6% are rapes that were lowered to sexual assault because no vaginal penetration occurred, but a crime still did occur, just not forced vaginal penetration. The remaining 2% of false accusations are where no crime was committed against the alleged victim.
    No matter how hard you dodge the fact is still here

Out of 10%, 15% are jailed
    The 85% people non-jailed are technically innocent, but yet do not go in the the "falsely accused section". People may argue that the lack of proof doesnt innocent them, I'm gonna be nice and try not to care to keep it simple. Point is that it's just semantics. It's okay to include everyone (even the "falsely accused") in the rapist box, then make sub-group for people who are not jailed.

I was starting to write a big block of text about that graph, but then I realized I cant, there are so many wrong thing about it, and the worse thing is that it's trying to pass as verified data

I suggest you read some of the comments here and stop linking that graph, it will be better for anyone

http://theenlivenproject.com/the-tru...se-accusation/

Also worth a read, this is laughable

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...ntentions.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    So reading these forums lately(lots of posts by a few certain members about this) as well as a post a women shared on facebook got me thinking why are some women so scared of men been potential rapist, i have also seen women cross the road when approaching then cross back down the block to avoid walking past me and other men. I have seen and head numerous things lately about how all women should assume all men are rapist unless they are verified been ok (friend, friend of a friend etc..)
    I don't notice this problem. Perhaps it's where you live, or who you are hearing it from? Sounds like baloney to me...

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Yet if a girl crossed the road before and after me, as in OP's example, I would take it as a personal offense. It would mean she judged me by my gender and by my look.
    If she did the same with a black girl it would be called discrimination.
    What if she realized she crossed prematurely and the convenience store she meant to buy cigs from was on the side she just crossed away from, so now she double backs to the other side... you happen to be on the side she first crossed to. Youre now offended because of this?

Clearly there are some wickedly bored men on here who have hair trigger offence feelings..

15+ Year Old Account
    Or stop hating on women because you lack self esteem to talk to them in a normal fashion?
    Taking the low road are you? It won't get you anywhere with me.

Take a step back and recognize that the majority of the posts on this thread are senseless whining posts about being offended about being perceived as a rapist, while not one woman has agreed with the male consensus
    I'm not sure what to think here... So the male opinions in this thread offends you, so your solution is to whine about them whining about things that in your opinion aren't offensive... too much irony... it burns!
    Facilis Descensus Averno

What if she realized she crossed prematurely and the convenience store she meant to buy cigs from was on the side she just crossed away from, so now she double backs to the other side... you happen to be on the side she first crossed to. Youre now offended because of this?

Clearly there are some wickedly bored men on here who have hair trigger offence feelings..
    Indeed, I find the amount of emo in this thread highly disturbing.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    No matter how hard you dodge the fact is still here

Out of 10%, 15% are jailed
    The 85% people non-jailed are technically innocent, but yet do not go in the the "falsely accused section". People may argue that the lack of proof doesnt innocent them, I'm gonna be nice and try not to care to keep it simple. Point is that it's just semantics. It's okay to include everyone (even the "falsely accused") in the rapist box, then make sub-group for people who are not jailed.

I was starting to write a big block of text about that graph, but then I realized I cant, there are so many wrong thing about it, and the worse thing is that it's trying to pass as verified data

I suggest you read some of the comments here and stop linking that graph, it will be better for anyone

http://theenlivenproject.com/the-tru...se-accusation/

Also worth a read, this is laughable

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...ntentions.html
    There's no such thing as "innocent", just "not guilty".

There's also the "accused" and "tried" statistic to take into account.

The one fallacy about that graph is that it improperly represents "rapes" and turns it into "rapists".

That STILL does NOT change the fact that your original statement was that more than 2% of rapes are false accusations, which you've still effectively failed to prove beyond your own personal hunch for evidence.

At this point, rather than addressing where you falsely claimed that far more than 2% of reported rapists are falsely accused, you're throwing out a lot of straw men arguments to try and distract from the fact that your original claim was wrong.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

We are obviously talking about an example situation where it is clear she meant to avoid you. We don't know whether that's the case of OP's situation, but if you want I'll reword my previous sentence:

If I were to find myself in a situation where a girl clearly and without any doubt avoided me on the road I would take it as a personal offense. It would mean she judged me by my gender and by my look.
    If she did the same with a black girl, for the sake of her being black, it would be called discrimination.

Happy now?
    Last edited by capitano666; 2013-02-11 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    There's no such thing as "innocent", just "not guilty".

There's also the "accused" and "tried" statistic to take into account.

The one fallacy about that graph is that it improperly represents "rapes" and turns it into "rapists".

That STILL does NOT change the fact that your original statement was that more than 2% of rapes are false accusations, which you've still effectively proven to fail.

At this point, rather than addressing where you falsely claimed that far more than 2% of reported rapists are falsely accused, you're throwing out a lot of straw men arguments to try and distract from the fact that your original claim was wrong.
    There is way more than one fallacy, both link explain it all. No need to copy paste them here.

We already went through this, I was right about the false accusation being way higher than 2%, aka 8%.

Every single post of you is about me "throwing strawman, backpeddling, dismissing thing because I dont like it" and I dont know what's it's gonna be next time, it's pretty pathetic, please discuss the subject instead of throwing ad-hominem

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    We are obviously talking about an example situation where it is clear she meant to avoid you. We don't know whether that's the case of OP's situation, but if you want I'll reword my previous sentence:

If I were to find myself in a situation where a girl clearly and without any doubt avoided me on the road I would take it as a personal offense. It would mean she judged me by my gender and by my look.

Happy now?
    My question now is: in what way does this impact your day- that a stranger decided to cross the street to avoid you? Me, if somebody looks at me and decides to cross the street, without engaging me in any way whatsoever, it doesn't affect me in the slightest; other than that's one less stranger I have to deal with. You, from what I'm seeing, would be ready to chase the stranger down and demand they explain themselves. Why?

For the life of me, I can not understand the emo outcry going on in this thread. Why give two rat fucks what some stranger thinks of you, really?
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    The funny thing about this thread is all the whining which just makes me think that some people really need to get laid.

But it's also the explanation for why they don't get laid.

Personally, I can understand all the women who don't give those guys the time of day, because there's nothing worse than someone who is constantly whining, paired with a nice sense of entitlement.

Whining about feminism, discrimination, racism etc etc etc ... taking everything personal... constantly on the defensive....

Nothing more tiring than having to watch your every word because the guy/girl will take every little thoughtless thing you said out of context and be personally offended when you have no idea what the hell their problem is (they usually don't tell you either).

Fyi there women rapists as well it's not just one gender...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    So reading these forums lately(lots of posts by a few certain members about this) as well as a post a women shared on facebook got me thinking why are some women so scared of men been potential rapist, i have also seen women cross the road when approaching then cross back down the block to avoid walking past me and other men.
    I'm a gay guy and had a lengthy conversation on this topic with a close female friend of mine a few years ago when we were at the bar. It was clear that she was getting a little unnerved by a table of guys who weren't that far away from us, which brought up the whole topic.

She put it to me like this--imagine being a straight guy in a hypothetical society in which women were 1) on average ~20%+ larger and stronger than you, 2) always eyeing you up, asking for your number, etc--generally being very sexually up front and aggressive, and 3) statistically much more likely to engage in sexual or physical assault against you.

In other words, she tried to make me understand the psychology of having to weigh the above factors at all times. There's just a sense of potential danger that needs to be overcome.

Now, I think some women linger on these factors more than others. Especially those who have had bad experiences in the past, whether it be in terms of rape or something far more minor, but it tends to be something most women deal with to some degree or another.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    Fyi there women rapists as well it's not just one gender...
    Oh god here we go... I think that's my queue to leave, but before I go, I'm gonna leave this lil' troll here:

If more men got laid there'd be less rape. *snark snark snark*
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    So women of MMO champ, do you constantly walk around thinking all men are rapist, do you live a constant state of fear.
    I'm pretty sure that due to being physically weaker and more vulnerable women do in fact live in a constant state of fear regarding men.

They may not say it or they may not even be aware of it, but subconsciously they do keep it in mind. Just to be safe.