Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetFortress View Post
    I guess women are damned if they do, damn if they don't.

Get raped = get blamed for not doing everything possible to stop it.
    Take precautions to avoid being raped = men get their feelings hurts.
    Men should grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Men should grow up.
    Okay that is actually the simplest and best description of the whole problem I've heard. O.O Well done, sir!
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Wow this thread exploded. I also don't think this will last very much longer with how people are acting. Interestingly enough as a black male I've scared many people in my life time just walking home. One day my brother and I was was walking behind some guy and he turned around and said please don't hurt me. We both laughed he thought we were muggers. Even back in high school many of the females were intimidated by me starting even freshmen year. It is quite noticeable. It does kinda hurt but I've gotten use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    So you think asking you to provide data sources, facts and figures for your wildly outrageous claims that women are liars, and then pointing out your inability to do so is an ad hominem? We have a real winner here.

One of the two sites you linked were the original site which contained the original chart that you were contesting, complete with its sources and facts, studies and figures to back up the chart itself. Your "source" for disproving the chart was pointing out to me the comments made at the bottom of the page by random strangers making claims (similar to yours) that the graph was faulty. If you think random strangers making claims in the comments section is "proof" that the graph is bogus then you really need to learn what proof is.

The second site that you linked as "proof" for claiming the graph as bogus is a blog which has no link to credible sources and points out what it thinks of the graph as fallacies. The only part of that blog that was actually correct was that the graph misrepresented "rapes" as "rapists", the one gleaming gem in an otherwise steaming pile of nothing.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...996/96sec2.pdf

You seem incapable of admitting that your original statement was false, despite that you went on for several pages claiming your own hunch as evidence while failing to produce any real evidence to the contrary. I suggest you read the above link and educate yourself on the facts before digging your hole further. If you look at the above link, you will also find that your figure of 85% cleared of rapes is waaaaaaaaaaay off, and I imagine a huge misinterpretation of the graph originally linked.

I doubt you'll ever redact your statement, you seem intent on standing behind your false claim to the bitter end. You apparently believe women are wildly liberal about lying about rape, and that men acquitted of rape could never lie.
    You never provided any source for your statement, you provided a wrong infographic that you are now trying to defend to death, and failing pretty miserably at it.

The comments are making valuable points about the source and method of the infographic, you can chose to ignore it, it's your life after all.

The second graph actually link all his sources and is filled with links and citations, but yet you're failing to see them or classify them as serious, so incase you're flash player is dead :
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/he...ault.html?_r=0
    http://yesmeansyesblog.wordpress.com...the-predators/
    http://www.rainn.org/get-information...eporting-rates
    http://www.ndaa.org/pdf/the_voice_vol_3_no_1_2009.pdf

However I would assume your flash player is working correctly, and you are just too blind and stubborn to admit the very infograph on which you base your statement is a joke and worth nothing.

My original statement was true and was proven true.

I know about the FBI.gov stats, I dont need to educate myself, but you never mentionned it directly. Things would be a lot better if you provided reliable data from the start, instead of your "steaming pile of nothing".

"you will also find that your figure of 85% cleared of rapes is waaaaaaaaaaay off"
    The cherry on the cake is that the 85% cleared of rapes is not from me, it's from your own infograph.

I'm gonna leave this discussion now, feel free to link and defend your infograph to anyone who care, because I just dont anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Okay that is actually the simplest and best description of the whole problem I've heard. O.O Well done, sir!
    The best answers usually are the simplest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Bahahahahaha. You're directing that at ME?! I don't even watch TV, I feel that a lot of people get strange ideas about how the world works because they watch too much TV and get fantasy and reality mixed up. It doesn't have to be a bad neighborhood for you to get mugged, hell when I got mugged I was in one of the nicest neighborhoods of one of the most progressive states in the US.

Rape has nothing to do with looks. There are studies on that, plenty of them. If rape was about looks, you would never read stories about people raping 85 year old women.

I also have no problem with people getting free healthcare and government assistance. I love that people like my elderly father can get assistance with his groceries and a free cell phone. Just because you have some preconceived notion that everyone that disagrees with you is a certain way, that doesn't make it true. You probably picked the worst person in the entire thread to project that image on.

You're right about one thing, in a perfect world we shouldn't be afraid to walk around at night, but we don't live in a perfect world, far from it.

Edit: Keep in mind that I do agree with you, we should be able to feel safe just walking around, and I share your frustration with people sometimes, but it's your reasoning that I'm calling into question, and your ideas about me based on my post, nothing against you personally, just wanting to let you know that you're far off the mark in regards to me.
    Yes, well I'm a little burnt out but I wanted to say my post wasn't aimed at you personally, as much the vision of the world that you were imo promoting in your post. There's of course no way I could know you as a person, so I wasn't making that assumptions based on anything but your post. And so you shouldn't take it as any sort of claim that I thought I'd figured you out personally or anything.

Also my posts can get a little over the top at times but that's be expected since I'm basically insane, or that's what they tell me anyways.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-11 at 06:46 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Wow this thread exploded. I also don't think this will last very much longer with how people are acting. Interestingly enough as a black male I've scared many people in my life time just walking home. One day my brother and I was was walking behind some guy and he turned around and said please don't hurt me. We both laughed he thought we were muggers. Even back in high school many of the females were intimidated by me starting even freshmen year. It is quite noticeable. It does kinda hurt but I've gotten use to it.
    and to provide the opposite end of the spectrum, im a very small female and throughout my life people have always tried to physically intimidate or overpower me. well, what can you do? people are like that.

Im a med school and one of our tutors stood up at one of the introduction lectures and read from an 1949 textbook about womens health. It sounded exactly like that Republican guy who said that women couldn't get raped if they didnt want to. It was hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Im a med school and one of our tutors stood up at one of the introduction lectures and read from an 1949 textbook about womens health. It sounded exactly like that Republican guy who said that women couldn't get raped if they didnt want to. It was hilarious.
    Ya, proof you can make even supposed science say the most ridiculous of things. That's why when people preach our current knowledge as the only truth that ever was and ever will be, until kingdom come, I just laugh and roll my eyes.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-11 at 06:39 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    I still say, pack heat. A great equalizer where size and strength does not matter.

If anyone is genuinely worried about this problem, I would suggest they fill this with these, and learn how to use it.

it's mass Virginitiphobia

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a horribly real danger for most women that that can happen to them.

They have every right to feel cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    It's a horribly real danger for most women that that can happen to them.

They have every right to feel cautious.
    And every right to carry for defense.

that's not exactly honest. Yes, there are dumb things that woman can do that opens themselves up to rape such as drinking and wearing revealing clothes. The problem, as far as law enforcement goes is that these things make are circumstantial evidence in the rapists favor. Let's say that both of them are drunk and the next morning she cries rape because she claims she couldn't consent being drunk... doesn't the same go for him?

So yes, there is somethings that women can in fact do that would contribute to their own victimization. It's just not politically correct to berate her for it. But if some guy leave his own door unlocked and thieves come in and steal everything... he'll be made fun of for years for his misfortune... because his own lack of caution directly lead to his own victimization.

Message to woman.

Exercise common sense. Not senseless paranoia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    that's not exactly honest. Yes, there are dumb things that woman can do that opens themselves up to rape such as drinking and wearing revealing clothes. The problem, as far as law enforcement goes is that these things make are circumstantial evidence in the rapists favor. Let's say that both of them are drunk and the next morning she cries rape because she claims she couldn't consent being drunk... doesn't the same go for him?

So yes, there is somethings that women can in fact do that would contribute to their own victimization. It's just not politically correct to berate her for it. But if some guy leave his own door unlocked and thieves come in and steal everything... he'll be made fun of for years for his misfortune... because his own lack of caution directly lead to his own victimization.

Message to woman.

Exercise common sense. Not senseless paranoia.
    What a woman wears should not put a sign on her forehead that says "Rape me." Life doesn't have a dress code, but a human capable of simple thought process should at least have a moral code.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    I have seen and head numerous things lately about how all women should assume all men are rapist unless they are verified been ok (friend, friend of a friend etc..)
    So women of MMO champ, do you constantly walk around thinking all men are rapist, do you live a constant state of fear. Cause this just seems odd to tarnish all random men you encounter as rapist. If you are scared what lengths do you go to, to protect yourself.
    Huh.. Even if someone does look creepy, I find it safer to just avoid eye contact and walk as if they don't exist - you draw attention to yourself otherwise.

But no, out of all the people I've met, very few strangers have attempted something. Then again, I don't go out partying every weekend, I'm sure I'd be at greater risk if I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    We're in a better place now gender-wise than in the past. I don't see why that's crazy.
    It's complex. While we are better in alot of ways some of the things going on are also making it harder for males. Our school system for one is VERY anti male.

Boys were born to roughouse and be physical but that's no longer allowed. We play war games not because of society but because of genetics.

Things like that and how lessons are taught in geberal are but a few examples of things we need to work on.

I worry about female friends being alone at night.
    You don't know who is around and most violent people/rapists aren't going to look like some monster.

Better to be safe than sorry.

and an unlocked door isn't an invitation for strangers to come in and steal stuff. I'm not even talking about revealing clothes per-se. I'm talking about clothes that you have to battle to move around in such as heels. So, no, rape is the fault of the rapist.. that doesn't mean that there aren't things you can do that lower your chances of victimization without resorting to paranoia. Have a designated driver when you go out drinking. call a freaking cab. Wear shoes that are both attractive and easy to maneuver in someone is coming at you. You're also assuming that all rapes are completely black and white cases when in reality drugs and alcohol use by the victim and/or the rapists muddles it in all sorts of grey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    This is one of those cases where it's not subjective. Women are more equal to men now than they have been in the past. That's a good thing.

You think romance is dead? Seriously? I'm fairly certain the large majority of women (and men) still enjoy romantic forays. It brings two people closer together and helps increase the bond between the two. That's what dating is all about. There's nothing obsolete about it; the rules are the same.

As for your idea that men can have as much sex as they want where women shouldn't, it's just unequal. If men can do it, why shouldn't women? In fact, if your goal is ultimately sex, I fail to see how this could be a bad thing for you.
    Not what he meant.

Women have an easier time fibding sex and successfully attaining it is just part of what he meant. He was also trying to say that for men it can often get goddamn confusing as in what do i do here confusing.

SOME women get offended by the door holding gift giving(i know a girl who broke up with a guy cause he was too generous) chair pulling kind of guy.

Yet men are still raised/taught with such views or that we need to be macho assholes.

And guess what? ALOT of women DO pick the assholes. Some smarten up but some don't. It's vexing and i think you need to realize this world is changing into a not quite matriarchal but certainly more female ruled one and for alot of boys and men it's damn confusing.