Macros for Monks

Monk macros

Guys seems like there is no Similar thread to this one, and i believe this can be helpfull to all the monks out there.

Went on a search rampage for monk macros, and if you have macros to add just post them down, and will be included.

GENERAL

Spear hand strike focus macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,harm,exists][] Spear Hand Strike
    Casts Spear Hand strike on your Focus Target.
    If you don’t have a Focus Target it will cast on Target.

Spinning Crane Kick spam

Code:
    #showtooltip /cast !Spinning Crane Kick
    If you are having problems cancelling this channeled ability, use this Wow Monk macro so you can hit the Spinning Crane Kick button twice and it not stop casting. Just make a new macro and replace your Spinning Crane Kick button on your action bar with this.

Fortifying Brew before Touch of Death

Code:
    #showtooltip Touch of Death /cast Fortifying Brew /cast Touch of Death
    Using Fortifying Brew on your Wow monk before you use Touch of Death (instantly kills something with less health than you) will allow you to kill something 20% sooner since Fortifying Brew increases your health by 20%. Pretty good PVE monk macro for questing, leveling and grinding.

Expel Harm and Jab

Code:
    #showtooltip /cast [mod] Expel Harm; [btn:2] Expel Harm; Jab
    This monk macro combines two of your basic abilities, your Jab and your Expel Harm. Simply use a modifier of your choice, like control, shift or right click to Expel Harm instead of Jab. Its a nice quick macro that should help your healers in heavy aoe damage encounters when dps takes some damage. Also a great monk pvp macro.

Resuscitate and say a funny phrase

Code:
    #showtooltip /script s={"Quick, teabag %T, before they accept the rez!!","And you thought I forgot, %T!","Hard night eh %T?","Eat more wheaties next time, %T","Get up, %T you noob!"};SendChatMessage(s[random(1,5)], "SAY") /cast Resuscitate
    This funny Wow monk macro adds some fun into your game. It casts a random funny phrase from the list below when you rez someone using your Resuscitate ability. You can change out the phrases to whatever you want.
    List of funny phrases (%T is your target’s name)
    • Quick, teabag %T, before they accept the rez!!
    • And you thought I forgot, %T!
    • Hard night eh %T?
    • Eat more wheaties next time, %T
    • Get up, %T you noob!

Detox macro for your target or yourself

Code:
    #showtooltip Detox /cast [btn:1, @player] [mod:SELFCAST, @player] [help] Detox
    This monk macro for Wow casts Detox, which is a cleanse spell, on yourself if you left click it or keybind it and your target if you right click it.

Detox Party - #AR06
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=partyX] Detox
    Replace X with party members 1 and 2 (they're never you). Test this macro out before you enter the arena, so you have a feel of who is member 1, and who is member 2. For keybind, I use Shift+MouseScrollUp and Shift+MouseScrollDown to detox partymember 1 and 2.
    (macro given from : http://zendist.blogspot.com/2013/02/macro-comp.html

Detox Self - #AR07
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,target=player] Detox;Detox
    Replace "alt" with your self-cast modifier. Will detox your currently friendly target, or yourself if you have an enemy target. If you hold alt, it will target yourself either way.

Tiger’s Lust on yourself or your focus

Code:
    #showtooltip Tiger's Lust /cast [button:2,@focus,exists] Tiger's Lust; [button:1,@player] Tiger's Lust; [@player] Tiger's Lust
    Tiger’s Lust removes movement impairing effects and increases movement speed. But, you need a macro to use it effectively. This macro for Wow casts Tiger’s Lust on yourself if you left click it or bind it to a key. If you right click it, it casts Tiger’s Lust on your focus

Arena Focustargeting - #AR01
    Code:
    /focus [target=arenaX]
    Replace X with 1, 2 and 3 (+ 4 and 5 if you play 5v5), and keybind them all. This is a great way to focus target players on the enemy team. Another good way is to right-click their nameplates on Gladius, but if you don't use that addon, this is a great alternative.
    I personally have them bound like this:
    1: Ctrl+MouseScrollUp
    2: Ctrl+MouseScrollDown
    3: Ctrl+MouseScrollClick
    So whenever my team switches burst target, I never have to think about looking over at gladius, I just re-focus and CC or whatever needs to be done. Really handy!

Focus Disarm - #AR02
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus] Grapple Weapon
    We have THE best disarm in the game. Along with the focus-setting macro above, this tool is insane versus melee cleaves. Remember that you have a long range (40 yds) on disarm.

Focus Kick - #AR03
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus]Spear Hand Strike
    Focus Kick is extremely important.

Kick (+ stop Spinning Crane Kick) - #AR04
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast Spear Hand Strike
    Kick needs stopcasting, so you're not doing spinning crane kick, or something else, when you want to stop that important cast! You need to click it twice if you're doing spinning crane kick (once for stopping crane kick, and once for actually doing the silence). I also use this macro to stop spinning crane kick if I already found a stealther, or in PvE, if all mobs are dead

Tiger's Lust (Freedom) - #AR05
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,mod:shift]Tiger's Lust;[target=player,mod:alt]Tiger's Lust;Tiger's Lust
    This macro pops freedom on you if you have an enemy target, or if you press alt and click it. If you have a mouseover target (eg. mousing over your healer in the party frames) and hold shift while clicking, you will freedom that target.

Paralysis All-in-One - #AR08
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,target=focus]Paralysis;Paralysis
    Change shift to whatever focus-modifier you'd like.
    If you hold shift, it will Paralysis your Focus Target, if you just hit Paralysis, it will paralyze your current target. Really handy

Party Markers - #AR10
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /script SetRaidTarget("party1",1);SetRaidTarget("party2",3);SetRaidTarget("player",8);
    /use 6
    Sets party markers on your party in the arena. I also added in belt-enchant for engineers (rocketboots/mind control/grenade) so 1 button serves an extra purpose.

BREWMASTER

Breath of Fire and Dizzying Haze for Monks.

Code:
    #showtooltip /cast [mod] Breath of Fire; Dizzying Haze
    This Brewmaster Monk macro combines Breath of Fire and Dizzying Haze into one button. If you use Dizzying Haze before Breath of Fire, it will do more damage. What this macro does is if you have any modifier pressed (control, shift or alt) then it will cast Breath of Fire. If you just click or keybind normally it will cast Dizzying Haze.

Black Ox Statue/Elusive Brew for Monks.

Code:
    #showtooltip /cast [combat] Elusive Brew /cast Summon Black Ox Statue /cast [combat] Relic of Niuzao
    Monk tanking macro uses Elusive Brew and your DMC trinket if you have it while tanking in combat: also, allows you to place your statue before or during combat.

Monk Provoke for Monks.

Code:
    #show Provoke /cast [@mouseover, exists,harm] Provoke; [@focus,exists, harm] Provoke; [@target,exists,harm] Provoke
    This Wow Monk tanking macro casts Provoke, the Monk tank taunt that also increases the running speed of the mob. It works a couple of different ways. First, it casts it on your mouseover target. If you don’t have a mouseover target, it will attempt your focus. Finally if it can’t do either of those it will provoke your target. Adjust to your own needs.

Funny Shuffle

Code:
    #showtooltip Shuffle 
    /cast Blackout Kick 
    /yell Everyday I'm Shufflin'!
    Just for kicks, you can use this macro for Wow to be funny and amuse (or annoy) your team. It casts your Shuffle ability, then it yells “Everyday I’m Shufflin!” like the song

Monk stance dance

Code:
    /cast [stance:1] Stance of the Fierce Tiger; [stance 2] Stance of the Sturdy Ox
    Stance dance from Fierce Tiger and Sturdy Ox

Black Ox Statue Provoke (aoe taunt)

Code:
    /tar Black Ox Statue /cast Provoke /targetlasttarget
    This Wow monk tanking macro automatically casts Provoke (your taunt ability) at your Black Ox Statue, which serves as an AOE taunt.

MISTWEAVER

Help / Harm combos [Mistweavers] for Monks.

Code:
    #showtooltip /cast [mod:alt, target=sogie] Soothing Mist /cast [nomod, help] Soothing Mist; [harm] Jab; Soothing Mist #showtooltip /cast [mod:alt, target=sogie] Renewing Mist /cast [help] Renewing Mist; [harm] Tiger Palm; Renewing Mist
    These macros are great if you’re running out of room for key bindings. They are especially great for Mistweavers who rely on DPS for healing, but mainly function as a key bind saver. Basically I’ve combined all of the main melee damage abilities with all of the healing abilities a Mistweaver has. I added on an ALT modifier because I like having ALT as my self heal button. I’ve only listed a couple but you can use them as an example of how you can combine help/harm abilities. Obviously these work best if you combine a help w/ a harm ability.

Healing Cooldowns for Emergencies for Monks.

Code:
    /castsequence Thunder Focus Tea, Uplift, Revival
    this is sort of an Oh Crap button for Mistweaver Monks. It combines several healing abilities into one convenient macro. You will need to press this button 3 times to get effect.
    Either use as is to use the icon of the spell next in the cast sequence, or choose an icon that you can differentiate from others on your macro. Player uses this with the default icons so that he can tell if he’s pushed it the full 3 times.

Smart Soothing Mist for Monks.

Code:
    #showtooltip /cast [nochanneling: Soothing Mist] Soothing Mist
    If you sometimes hit Soothing Mist multiple times on accident, you can use this macro to protect you from spamming the key and clipping the spell. Alternatively, you can also add this conditional to another spell macro [nochanneling: Soothing Mist] so that you don’t clip it when trying to cast your next healing spell.
    Note:
    This probably isn’t the best macro to use with your monk spells if you are min/maxing. Sometimes you can get that last tic off before the channel ends. Only use this if you really know you need it.

Mousover Soothing Mist

Code:
    #showtooltip /use [@mouseover,help,exists] [mod,@focus] Soothing Mist
    This Wow Monk mouseover macro will cast Soothing Mist at your mouseover target or, if you hold down shift, control, or alt it will cast it at your focus.

Mistweaver: Renewing Mist on Mouseover

Code:
    #showtooltip /cast [@mouseover,help,exists][help][] Renewing Mist
    This is a great Mistweaver Monk macro for healing and using your Renewing Mist ability. The way it works is casts Renewing Mist at your Mouseover target if its a helpful target. If you don’t have a mouseover target, it will cast it on your target, if you have one. If you don’t have one, it will cast it on yourself.

Mouseover Surging Mist Heal

Code:
    #showtooltip /cast [@mouseover, exists, noharm, nodead][@target, exists, noharm, nodead][] Surging Mist
    This Wow monk macro will cast Surging Mist at your mouseover target, if you don’t have a mouseover target, it will cast it on your target. If you don’t have either a target or a mouseover, it will heal yourself.

WINDWALKER

Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger and dps cooldowns for Monks.

Code:
    #showtooltip Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger /use 13 /use 14 /cast Chi Brew /cast Tigereye Brew /cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    This Wow Monk DPS cooldown macro combines the major Windwalker DPS cooldowns along with your Chi Brew ability to refill your Chi to make the most of the increased damage from White Tiger and from Tigereye Brew. Its an all in one Monk DPS macro that should help boost your damage or just make leveling/grinding easier.

Tigereye Brew (Burst Macro) - #AR09
    Code:
    #showtooltip Tigereye Brew
    /cast Tigereye Brew
    /use 14
    /use 10
    /cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    Pop it all! This is our version of the Swifty One Shot Macro! It pops Invoke Xuen, Tigereye Brew, PvP damage trinket (lower trinket-slot) and (for engineers) your glove enchant. The glove enchant only goes off if the PvP damage trinket is on cooldown, since they don't stack.

Rising Sun Kick and Blackout Kick for Monks.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=8/combat/shift/alt/ctrl Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick
    This monk macro allows you to spam blackout kick until Rising Sun Kick comes available. It resets after 8 seconds of inactivity, leave/enter combat or by pressing control, shift or alt.

Rising Sun Kick and Touch of Death

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /castsequence reset=4 Rising Sun Kick,Touch of Death
    This will make make Rising Sun Kick button change to Touch of Death while RSK is on cooldown (i like it because normally i hit pretty high with a RSK, and after it, players are on the 10% mark making Touch of Death usable right away.

Rising Sun Kick (#engineers) - #ENG01
    Code:
    #showtooltip Rising Sun Kick
    /use 10
    /cast Rising Sun Kick
    Useful for engineers. You'll want to pop your hand-enchant (Synapse Springs) as often as possible, and Rising Sun Kick is our main damage, so put it in there on your most spammed cooldown
    Last edited by spyker; 2013-02-13 at 09:21 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to have to give this AoE taunt a try. I believe I've tried it already and it failed but I'm willing to give it another go when I get home.

*edit*

Also, your "Oh shit MW" macro is not practical and relies that you have 3 chi built up before spamming this macro. Not very practical IMO. Also, TFT is not a good "oh shit" healing button. A more practical one would be 'Uplift, Chi Brew, Uplift, Uplift'

Next, not clipping SoM is generally not a good idea. You don't use SoM for its epic healing it does, you use it to make sure you can EvM and SrM your SoM target.

*editx2*

I don't think I fully understand your Ox Statue, EB and DMF trink macro. Does it cast your Ox statue (or try to every time it's off of CD? Also, you will want to spread out your EB and DMF on use trinket for longer active mitigation. Yes, the diminishing return on dodge isn't the best but stacking that much dodge together is a bit much.
    Last edited by Shinchib; 2013-02-11 at 05:37 PM.

Tell how it goes, im at work so can't test it.

I have a couple macros I should be able to give for mistweavers, especially the one doing Cracked Jade Lightning on the target of my target when I do ranged healing, or casting Enveloping Mist on the target of my target (which is the tank since I usually target the boss)

post them, and i will put them on the Mistweaver area =)

Two of the macros I have loved are macros for the level 75/90 talents.

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /use Rushing Jade Wind 
    /use Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger 
    /use Chi Torpedo 
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("lvl90", G" Rushing Jade Wind" or G"Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger" or "Chi Torpedo")
    This macro will be whichever level 90 talent you have selected, but it has to be named "lvl90"

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /use Dampen Harm 
    /use Diffuse Magic 
    /use Healing Elixers
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("lvl75", G" Dampen Harm" or G"Diffuse Magic" or "Healing Elixers")
    And this one will be your level 75 talents, but likewise, it has to be named "lvl75" I believe.

The macro will show as a "?" icon unless you switch the talent or use the spell once, but it will work with one click even if the tooltip hasn't appeared yet.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Chi Wave
    /cast Chi Burst
    Our T2 macro

Code:
    /cancelaura Stampeding Roar
    /cancelaura Drums of Speed
    /cast Roll
    /cast Chi Torpedo
    Roll/Torpedo while under the Druid/LW running speed buff. This one is very useful for Lei Shi during Get Away if you are specced into Chi Torpedo for healing purposes.

Deleted
    "/castsequence Thunder Focus Tea, Uplift, Revival"

Honestly can't think of a worse way to restrict yourself

As for a very good mistweaver macro;

Code:
    #showtooltip Chi Torpedo
    /cast Uplift
    /cast Chi Torpedo
    Allows you to cast uplift and Chi Torpedo in the same global, increasing your net healing significantly.

Deleted
    Stealing from my own macro compendium @ battle.net forums

Here's my macro compendium for PVP'ers. Many of them will work for other classes if you just tweak the ability-names

Note: They're not sorted by importance!

Table of Contents:
    • Arena Focustargeting - #AR01
    • Focus Disarm - #AR02
    • Focus Kick - #AR03
    • Kick (+ stop Spinning Crane Kick) - #AR04
    • Tiger's Lust (Freedom) - #AR05
    • Detox Party - #AR06
    • Detox Self - #AR07
    • Paralysis All-in-One - #AR08
    • Tigereye Brew (Burst Macro) - #AR09
    • Party Markers - #AR10
    • Rising Sun Kick (#engineers) - #ENG01

• Arena Focustargeting - #AR01
      Code:
      /focus [target=arenaX]
      Replace X with 1, 2 and 3 (+ 4 and 5 if you play 5v5), and keybind them all. This is a great way to focus target players on the enemy team. Another good way is to right-click their nameplates on Gladius, but if you don't use that addon, this is a great alternative.
      I personally have them bound like this:
      1: Ctrl+MouseScrollUp
      2: Ctrl+MouseScrollDown
      3: Ctrl+MouseScrollClick

So whenever my team switches burst target, I never have to think about looking over at gladius, I just re-focus and CC or whatever needs to be done. Really handy!

• Focus Disarm - #AR02
      Code:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [target=focus] Grapple Weapon
      We have THE best disarm in the game. Along with the focus-setting macro above, this tool is insane versus melee cleaves. Remember that you have a long range (40 yds) on disarm

• Focus Kick - #AR03
      Code:
      #showtooltip
      /stopcasting
      /stopcasting
      /cast [target=focus]Spear Hand Strike
      Focus Kick is extremely important.

• Kick (+ stop Spinning Crane Kick) - #AR04
      Code:
      #showtooltip
      /stopcasting
      /stopcasting
      /cast Spear Hand Strike
      Kick needs stopcasting, so you're not doing spinning crane kick, or something else, when you want to stop that important cast! You need to click it twice if you're doing spinning crane kick (once for stopping crane kick, and once for actually doing the silence). I also use this macro to stop spinning crane kick if I already found a stealther, or in PvE, if all mobs are dead

• Tiger's Lust (Freedom) - #AR05
      Code:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [target=mouseover,mod:shift]Tiger's Lust;[target=player,mod:alt]Tiger's Lust;Tiger's Lust
      This macro pops freedom on you if you have an enemy target, or if you press alt and click it. If you have a mouseover target (eg. mousing over your healer in the party frames) and hold shift while clicking, you will freedom that target.

• Detox Party - #AR06
      Code:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [target=partyX] Detox
      Replace X with party members 1 and 2 (they're never you). Test this macro out before you enter the arena, so you have a feel of who is member 1, and who is member 2. For keybind, I use Shift+MouseScrollUp and Shift+MouseScrollDown to detox partymember 1 and 2.

• Detox Self - #AR07
      Code:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [mod:alt,target=player] Detox;Detox
      Replace "alt" with your self-cast modifier. Will detox your currently friendly target, or yourself if you have an enemy target. If you hold alt, it will target yourself either way.

• Paralysis All-in-One - #AR08
      Code:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [mod:shift,target=focus]Paralysis;Paralysis
      Change shift to whatever focus-modifier you'd like.
      If you hold shift, it will Paralysis your Focus Target, if you just hit Paralysis, it will paralyze your current target. Really handy

• Tigereye Brew (Burst Macro) - #AR09
      Code:
      #showtooltip Tigereye Brew
      /cast Tigereye Brew
      /use 14
      /use 10
      /cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
      Pop it all! This is our version of the Swifty One Shot Macro! It pops Invoke Xuen, Tigereye Brew, PvP damage trinket (lower trinket-slot) and (for engineers) your glove enchant. The glove enchant only goes off if the PvP damage trinket is on cooldown, since they don't stack.

• Party Markers - #AR10
      Code:
      #showtooltip
      /script SetRaidTarget("party1",1);SetRaidTarget("party2",3);SetRaidTarget("player",8);
      /use 6
      Sets party markers on your party in the arena. I also added in belt-enchant for engineers (rocketboots/mind control/grenade) so 1 button serves an extra purpose

• Rising Sun Kick (#engineers) - #ENG01
      Code:
      #showtooltip Rising Sun Kick
      /use 10
      /cast Rising Sun Kick
      Useful for engineers. You'll want to pop your hand-enchant (Synapse Springs) as often as possible, and Rising Sun Kick is our main damage, so put it in there on your most spammed cooldown

Last edited by mmoc3e4baf3e7c; 2013-02-12 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Altered formatting for mmo-champ WYSIWYG

Darkaik could you explain exactly what the bok/rsk macro does? Does that mean it will always choose rsk if it off cd and otherwise it will bok? Will it show the cd of rsk if I have omen? Could you macro tod in it as we'll to further prioritize that?

Throw CJL to your target's target:

Code:
    #showtooltip Crackling Jade Lightning
    /cast [harm] [target=targettarget] Crackling Jade Lightning

My Jab+EH macro together. I kept forgetting to EH for cheap chi, so I macroed it and worked wonders.

Code:
    #showtooltip Jab
    /cast [harm] Jab
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /cast Expel Harm
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /startattack
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by pyg View Post
    Darkaik could you explain exactly what the bok/rsk macro does? Does that mean it will always choose rsk if it off cd and otherwise it will bok? Will it show the cd of rsk if I have omen? Could you macro tod in it as we'll to further prioritize that?
    Just tested the macro and what it does is use Rising Sun kick, after that 3 BoK then returning to RSK (being a cast-sequence) 3 BoK is the average RSK coldown, and if you leave combat it will go back to RSK.

Oh ok thanks. So not really usable in pvp. Was hoping I could reduce my key binds.

Quote Originally Posted by darKaiK View Post
    Funny Shuffle

Code:
    #showtooltip Shuffle /cast Shuffle /yell Everyday I'm Shufflin'!
    Just for kicks, you can use this macro for Wow to be funny and amuse (or annoy) your team. It casts your Shuffle ability, then it yells “Everyday I’m Shufflin!” like the song
    wat

Have you ever played a monk?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pyg View Post
    Oh ok thanks. So not really usable in pvp. Was hoping I could reduce my key binds.
    No, mostly cast-sequences are only usable in PvE due to their reset-nature when you spam-click it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    wat

Have you ever played a monk?
    Haha! I didn't even realize that it says /cast Shuffle. To the OP, that would be /cast Blackout Kick =P

Also, you are casting that more than once every 5 seconds... so at least 12 times a minute you are yelling everyday I'm shuffling. That is mental.
    Last edited by Shinchib; 2013-02-12 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendist View Post
    No, mostly cast-sequences are only usable in PvE due to their reset-nature when you spam-click it.
    Do you know of a macro that would make one keybind always rsk of its off cd and otherwise bok then?
    That possible?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps:
    /RSK
    /BoK
    ?