Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Preperation is baselined!

This is a huuuuuge buff to rouges. Glad to see blizzard could see, that rogues needed something! CANT WAIT FOR NEXT PATCH

Deleted
    Oh joy, rogues back on top, time to shine again after being mediocre for 3 months.

Deleted
    double cloaking all the way to victory

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Oh joy, rogues back on top, time to shine again after being mediocre for 3 months.
    Agree, I stopped played since MoP. Now I'm coming to bring more massacres on BGs.

Deleted
    Was hoping that they just delete the spell from the game and instead shorten our other cds or something instead, same with coldsnap and hunters reset cd thingy.Always thought that a cd thats resets other cds is pretty booring ability + just another thing you need to have on the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mear View Post
    Was hoping that they just delete the spell from the game and instead shorten our other cds or something instead, same with coldsnap and hunters reset cd thingy.Always thought that a cd thats resets other cds is pretty booring ability + just another thing you need to have on the bar.
    Well, they do like "meaningful decisions" in buttons but I happen to agree with you. A button resetting button is...strange. Still I don't PvP enough to criticize the decision very strongly.

A button resetting buttons is... a decent part of what rogue pvp has been about since vanilla beta. I'm VERY glad to see it turned baseline- absolutely thrilled, in fact.

Yay... Rogue escape chance against ANY class just increased back to 99.99% from the current insufficient 98%, if prep wasn't talented.
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2012-12-22 at 06:25 PM.

Well, we can talk about that after you fix all the other balance issues in world pvp, like instant flight form + byebye, potion of instantly teleport away, getting shelled off a mountain, knockbacks + terrain, untargetable ranged players, bubble hearth (or just bubble), various mobility spells combining with goblin glider, pocket portal before combat, and the ability to be zerged. Address those, and then the fact that the mean rogue can actually escape you JUST LIKE ON LIVE TODAY AND FOREVER SINCE VANILLA BETA is somehow just so awful.

this makes me happy.. finaly !

i would never give up shadowstep.. ! it was realy sad playing without prep xD

All or most of those issues should be fixed, along with "PvP immunity" on flying mounts.

Rogues didn't escape that easy in vanilla, the vanish + cloak combo is so effective, especially since vanish got it's immunity. Resetting it by prep, if somehow for some inexplicable reason the rogue messed it up, is just the icing on the cake.

Rogue isn't my main, but I proved it to anyone up to now that he cannot prevent my escape after the fight started and I lost some health, no matter what he does or what class he plays.
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2012-12-22 at 06:46 PM.

about time, I missed the cataclysm rogue where you had both preperation and shadowstep in the sublety tree, oh the joy! Looking forward for more usage of preperation in my Assassin pve build as well

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you've been playing high rated arena matches you have most likely seen how OP rogues are. With these changes, they will be at the top of the food chain. Well, it lasted 3 months with them not being OP as previous expansions. About to quit WoW I guess. I mean they got now 2-3 shadowsteps, increased cc and energy.. haha

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kvidedotno View Post
    about time, I missed the cataclysm rogue where you had both preperation and shadowstep in the sublety tree, oh the joy! Looking forward for more usage of preperation in my Assassin pve build as well
    You missed the part - Trinket - cheapshot - shadowdance - ambush - ambush - dead?

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 03:59 PM ----------

This will never make it to live.. either way, it's too strong. I'm more afraid of how they nerfed PvE rogue to compensate this. It's silly. Rogue's never been nerfed, they were just more hard to play. Maybe give them preperation. But it's like.

Blizzard took prep, gave them later prep back with awesome new stuff.

It's just like a parent not knowing how to treat their childeren, as they feel sorry for them and give them all the stuff they wish for. 0/10 blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    If you've been playing high rated arena matches you have most likely seen how OP rogues are. With these changes, they will be at the top of the food chain. Well, it lasted 3 months with them not being OP as previous expansions. About to quit WoW I guess. I mean they got now 2-3 shadowsteps, increased cc and energy.. haha
    Are you sure about that? Last I heard the only class with lower PvP representation than rogues was monks, and not by a wide margin.

Prep, readiness(I think that is the hunter one?), cold snap and so on are utterly stupid abilities.

They end up being OP over short matches and weak over longer ones, and they feel frustrating to play with and against.

Shorter cooldowns and removal of these types of abilities please.

No way, prep is powerful and good. A lot of things are at different power levels in different fight lengths. I've never felt prep feel frustrating to play with. Against, sure, but if that's our standard I think mages need to lose all their blue spells.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Are you sure about that? Last I heard the only class with lower PvP representation than rogues was monks, and not by a wide margin.
    That's what I've been saying all the time. The reason for their low numbers are that not many of the rogues manage to handle them atm. Either way, rogues aren't bad. Maybe they need preperation. But giving them more than that is awful. Just wait, next season with 4-5% more crit, alot of haste and these buffs, rogue will be the nr 1 most played class in arena. It's going to be faceroll again. INC Shadowdance - 10 ambushes in a row in a smoke - GG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    That's what I've been saying all the time. The reason for their low numbers are that not many of the rogues manage to handle them atm. Either way, rogues aren't bad. Maybe they need preperation. But giving them more than that is awful. Just wait, next season with 4-5% more crit, alot of haste and these buffs, rogue will be the nr 1 most played class in arena. It's going to be faceroll again. INC Shadowdance - 10 ambushes in a row in a smoke - GG
    I'm curious how you made smokebomb last 11 seconds, got 400 energy up in those 11 seconds, dumped CP without using GCDs, and how executing that would be a faceroll tactic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    Prep, readiness(I think that is the hunter one?), cold snap and so on are utterly stupid abilities.

They end up being OP over short matches and weak over longer ones, and they feel frustrating to play with and against.

Shorter cooldowns and removal of these types of abilities please.
    He pretty much sums up my thoughts on prep.