Poll: If you had the option to choose the Alpha worgen model, would you?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You're right it's amazing how much personality can be conveyed by just changing her eye color or going a few weeks and not trimming her eye brows. In case you didn't catch on that was sarcasm as well.
    I said eyelashes, not eyebrows. And the eyelids, as well.

There is still vastly greater differences among alpha female worgen faces than there is among live. That's a fact.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    And now we have a vocal minority complaining about the current model. I really don't see how you expect Blizzard to appease everyone. That is unless you want every race to have two different models, I mean why should Worgen be any different.
    Except that they already said they're creating new models for other player races, and I expect there will be an option to use the older model somewhere.

I see no harm in doing the same for worgen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Did the other thread die? Any how yes probably still can't get me to roll a worgen tho.
    It's not dead, per se...but there hasn't been much conversation in it for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not particularly fond of the Worgen females in general. I dislike that both of the looks are permanently snarling, though the live model does look much stranger.

You're right it's amazing how much personality can be conveyed by just changing her eye color or going a few weeks and not trimming her eye brows. In case you didn't catch on that was sarcasm as well.
    This is pretty much true. Both genders of the male and female worgen and pandaren have all their facial features in the exact same place as every other option for their respective models, likely because the heightened complexity of facial models (especially in regards to animal-like faces) disallows blizzard from doing things like moving noses up and down for different faces, or making them shorter or longer, or raising or lowering the eyebrows significantly, as was possible with the other races.

The main reason the female worgen look the same now is because every facial look they have preserves their eyes in exactly the same shape (the worgen male's change more appreciably between looks,) and that weird permanent "snarl" they have dominates their face. Their facial features are different, they're just too subtle in regards to the glaring similarities.

Anyway, I'm all for kicking in the Alpha model for them if it doesn't take any more time for Blizzard... perhaps they could roll them in with the other race revamps.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

This is pretty much true. Both genders of the male and female worgen and pandaren have all their facial features in the exact same place as every other option for their respective models, likely because the heightened complexity of facial models (especially in regards to animal-like faces) disallows blizzard from doing things like moving noses up and down for different faces, or making them shorter or longer, or raising or lowering the eyebrows significantly, as was possible with the other races.
    I'd have to double-check to be certain, but I'm 90% sure that the base model for worgen males is exactly the same, regardless of face. The only thing that changes is the texture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkir View Post
    I'd have to double-check to be certain, but I'm 90% sure that the base model for worgen males is exactly the same, regardless of face. The only thing that changes is the texture.
    Yes, that's what I said. "both genders of the male and female worgen and pandaren." (Though I did just notice that what I typed was redundant...)

The Male Worgen look "more different' because their eyes are drawn in ways that are different from the eyes on their other facial looks (sharper, narrower, some are more baggy). The Female Worgen don't have that great of difference in eyes, which is part of why everyone says they look "the same."
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-14 at 02:38 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that's what I said. "both genders of the male and female worgen and pandaren." (Though I did just notice that what I typed was redundant...)

The Male Worgen look "more different' because their eyes are drawn in ways that are different from the eyes on their other facial looks (sharper, narrower, some are more baggy). The Female Worgen don't have that great of difference in eyes, which is part of why everyone says they look "the same."
    I misunderstood your post then; I thought you were saying that they actually had different facial models. My bad.

And yeah, the bad texture job on the live female has always been a point of contention. The alpha female's textures weren't amazing...but they were a good start.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love it if the permanent snarl was removed from the female Worgen and that the variety of eye colors were available

15+ Year Old Account

Yup, because female worgen have those atrocious 3D eyelashes (and so do female pandaren) which greatly reduces the amount of differences a texture artist can do to their eyes. Add to that the muted and restricted color palette and you've got a recipe for sameness. The female pandaren have the same issue, again they have the 3D eyelashes which forces all their eyes to have the same outline and only three or four different eye colors which, though vivid, are repeated across 24 (?) faces.

The alpha female worgen, like the alpha and Live male worgen, did have those different eye textures causing the "sharper, narrower, more baggy" looks. The Live does not, and indeed can not, due to the nature of the model itself.

They could add a lot more differences to the faces, and they did give female worgen different noses, but with the eyes all the same it's a futile effort. But now we're getting into changing the models, which isn't the point of this thread.

Sig by Isilrien

Let's see...would I rather look like a fearsome werewolf, or a universally reviled chihuahua...hmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play a Worgen, but I'm all for more options in anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an option it might just tempt me to roll 1-2 worgen alts (all my alts are Trolls/Gnomes with 1 draenei pally).
    Both models are fine, I just would prefer the alpha model.

Deleted
    I prefer the old model too. The new one is too "pretty". It looks a bit silly.

Same reason I love the non-human races in GW2 is that they never tried to make them "sexy" or "pretty". They managed to make Charr females look a little more feminine but just as fierce and threatening.

Hey, I have an idea: anyone who has a female worgen character and would like to see what she'd look like as an alpha, post your armory link. I'll take a screenshot from the model viewer and post it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh god yes

please fix the worgen

the king commands it

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I think they should have glowing eyes and that's about it. I am fine with live.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Hey, I have an idea: anyone who has a female worgen character and would like to see what she'd look like as an alpha, post your armory link. I'll take a screenshot from the model viewer and post it here.
    I would, but I deleted mine and re-rolled her as a Forsaken. Just wanting to play Horde and the new Forsaken racial in MoP, then any dislike for the model.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-02-14 at 06:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    heres my link, glad i left her in the bloodfang set
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Female worgen all look the same, even the hairstyles don't make much difference. And I don't like the growling face very much. It feels as if there weren't many options to design worgen. So yes, I'd like to use the alpha models!

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    heres my link, glad i left her in the bloodfang set
    Here you go:

There are a couple of model viewer bugs. The neck fur won't change colour, helms don't display correctly and I can only get one hair colour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go:

There are a couple of model viewer bugs. The neck fur won't change colour, helms don't display correctly and I can only get one hair colour.
    you did great with what limitations you had, if blizzard had actually polished the alpha models they would have been phenominal. Perhaps a mix of the alpha and beta muzzles would have rounded out the boxyness of the alpha model, and it would have been great.

Thanks again for the pic
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

ooo, me next! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...efang/advanced

you can see the face if you go to the achievments tab.