Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I guess that can be a difference in strategy. The way we do is that one tank (me) takes 5-6 stacks on the pull before we first switch. By this time, every dps is either mutated and finishing of their 5th stack. So they are already turning on the boss. So by that time its just my job to go on a seek and destroy finding myself 5 adds to kill myself asap to get my own mutation. Its a waste of the other dpsers dps to help me get my mutation, so as soon as they got theirs they are on the boss, there are no welfare mutations for me to pick up.

We keep the adds clean until that point so I do not have a huge AoE pool of adds to pick up. Basically, this is the point where we start kiting the boss in a circle. So I have to take my adds 1 by 1.

I am not saying that the blobs does not proc BH, just saying that the nature of your rotation will proc extremely low and few BHs.

As on blob usually goes like.

Running towards the blob -> J + AS before reaching the block -> Reach the blob -> CS to proc nature damage and by this time either HW or HoW to finnish it off.

So on each blob you are only really using 1 CS. Remember that J, AS, HW and HoW do not proc BH. So the amount of your damage that actually procs BH on a blob is insanely low, especially due to do nature damage proc that you get from the boss. You will actually do more BH healing by switching to SotR to kill your adds faster to get back to boss faster with SoI.

Though, if you have a tactic that allows you to get instantly mutated, fine, then you do not need to switch. Since that negates the point of switching, which is to kill your adds faster to get mutated faster.
    Ah okay, I'm not sure what our tanks do at the beginning but I have a feeling they don't worry about getting mutated.. I'll have to ask them.

I guess its true that BH will do relatively less damage if you're constantly running to ranged enemies, but I think you may be exaggerating how little healing it'll do, and I'm quite confident you're exaggerating the difference SoR will make killing adds, since you're describing it as though you're running around killing individual blobs. I havent tanked the fight though, so I'll admit there may be a piece to this puzzle I'm not understanding.

Deleted
    Nah, its not like it is a huge deal. Getting mutated is not a problem. It is a matter of getting mutated in 15 or 20 seconds. Which is why, in the end, whichever route you go does not really matter. But switching to SoR will gain you a few seconds. Which is the exact purpose of this thread, SoI works bset on most (every?) fight, just some niche situations like this when it is actually worth swapping seals in terms of min maxxing, but not swapping won't make you wipe exactly.

I think this is the piece of the puzzle you are missing.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=136050

Basically, it only procs from CS/HotR, SotR, Melee hits and SoR. Having SoR on will almost double your procs with it, making the adds die even faster. This is why SoR is so good there. And that is also why you do not miss out on any BH healing, since that proc doesnt proc BH and it can easily be 50% of your damage on the adds.

At 5 stacks, that is 100k damage every SoR proc, at 10 stacks it is 200k damage.
    So it is not actually the SoR procs we are after, it is the Malformed Blood procs that SoR procs.

In the end, this is kinda extreme min-maxxing as the benefit is not huge, but if you are struggling with the enrage, you can easily gain a million or two more damage on the boss by swapping to SoR for killing the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Nah, its not like it is a huge deal. Getting mutated is not a problem. It is a matter of getting mutated in 15 or 20 seconds. Which is why, in the end, whichever route you go does not really matter. But switching to SoR will gain you a few seconds. Which is the exact purpose of this thread, SoI works bset on most (every?) fight, just some niche situations like this when it is actually worth swapping seals in terms of min maxxing, but not swapping won't make you wipe exactly.

I think this is the piece of the puzzle you are missing.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=136050

Basically, it only procs from CS/HotR, SotR, Melee hits and SoR. Having SoR on will almost double your procs with it, making the adds die even faster. This is why SoR is so good there. And that is also why you do not miss out on any BH healing, since that proc doesnt proc BH and it can easily be 50% of your damage on the adds.

At 5 stacks, that is 100k damage every SoR proc, at 10 stacks it is 200k damage.
    So it is not actually the SoR procs we are after, it is the Malformed Blood procs that SoR procs.

In the end, this is kinda extreme min-maxxing as the benefit is not huge, but if you are struggling with the enrage, you can easily gain a million or two more damage on the boss by swapping to SoR for killing the adds.
    ah yep, i had no idea the tank debuff procced from SoR hits on their own, makes sense then. I wonder if we should have our prot aoe down adds in the middle for us so dps can just single target the boss :P

Deleted
    Well, dps are already mutated the first time before the prot even get the stacks up. So it would have to be for the second mutation cycle, but we never saw any benefit of doing it that way, we just made so that each player is responsible for their own mutation. But yeah, could be something to try atleast.