Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Citrustree View Post
    Attractive people are perceived as smart and nice people, whereas an ugly person might come off as an arrogant prick.
    A correlation between attractiveness and good personality does exist.
    I like funny people.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I like funny people.
    What's so funny about the comparison you just made? Are "smart" and "nice" not good personality traits? Or do you just believe that said correlation does not exist?

Yeah I'm "attracted" more with females, I find males overall boring or immature in groups, I like hanging out with some guys individually or in small groups (me and 2 guys)...but absolutely hate being in a group with mostly males. It is sort of annoying because the guys I liked hanging out individually often want to date me later, but I did have this 1 guy friend that was completely platonic and he didn't have a jealous girlfriend, so it was great.

I really don't think about looks when it comes to making friends. My girl friends have usually been downright ugly or average, guy friends are usually the same with a few good lookers...I would love to have a hot girl friend, but I'm bisexual and for some reason I can be chill with a hot guy, but am shy and completely awkward around a hot girl.
    X

Deleted
    Hang out more with guys than other women.

They should atleast have average looks, better if good looks. Not be super ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hang out with pretty much anyone who can carry on a decent conversation. I'm not looking for specific sex in friendship.
    Last edited by Reg; 2013-02-13 at 12:49 AM.

What's so funny about the comparison you just made? Are "smart" and "nice" not good personality traits? Or do you just believe that said correlation does not exist?
    Oh, I'm just generally amused. Cheerful personality ...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I (female) preferred females back in school. Nowadays, I prefer hanging out with the guys. I'm not a girly girl, and I just find myself having more fun with guys. Now if only I could get good at fps's lol. >_> I'd have another thing to do with my guy friends when we hang out heh.
    I am a filthy casual!

Lige børn leger bedst (Equal kids plays best), as the old danish saying goes. Or, proboaly not even a danish saying.

Anywho, I never tough about that OP. Then again I try to be kind to 95% off people no matter what they are. I try be neutral inn my IRL, just being nice can make a good first impression I asume.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

There's only ever been one guy I considered an actual friend, but we're not in contact anymore. I've somehow managed to go through secondary school in math and science specialized class and a senior secondary school specialized in science while being mainly interested in metal music and gaming, and still my friends are all girls. I can't say I've put much thought into their looks, one of my best friends is really hot but I've known her since I was 6, so that doesn't count. My best friend is almost exactly my size though, I think that makes me feel more comfortable around her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really matter to me. I've had good female and male friends.
    It just depends on their character and how much we have in common I guess.

I'm a girl and as long as we have something in common I don't generally focus on a persons looks. But when it comes to friendship even then I find a positive feature looks-wise everyone has at least one. I haven't had a close girl friend since I was still in elementary, Guys have always just been easier for me to talk to/get along with.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I have no preference on which I like to hang out with. Although I do like the female voice more than male. But, I have only male friends (and only long distance/internet friends at that).

I guess, guys are more relateable, whereas girls can often seem like a whole different species. You make friends easier with someone who you can relate to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's two guys I typically hang out with.

From what we can tell, I've had better success in the female department, but I wouldn't trade these two guys for anyone. They are genuinely great guys, we have a great time, all 3 of us love trying new beers, we love talking philosophical, we're all gamers, it all works out.

Would I chill out with a guy who probably looks better than I to the girls? Yeah, I have. I would again, because looks don't matter.

I don't know if I should talk about female friends so.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

When I'm not gaming (which there appears to be almost no girls who are genuinely commited to and heavily interested in it), I mostly hang out with girls. Not sure why, actually. It has just always been that way.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say its a part of my friend picking process even for other guys. If you hang out with guys who look good(but not better than you) you have a good shot at getting more girls. Thats how i look at it anyway... Not to sound like a jerk which i'm sure i do here but that was my logic. I'd be friends with anyone though honestly if they were cool people who i found interesting.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

generally i prefer the company of men. most other women irritate me.

Deleted
    I'm confused. Is the question are we attracted to people of the same sex, or good-looking people?

Deleted
    Female and trans (if that counts for anything?) and my friends are almost exclusively female. I have one or two male friends online, but IRL I only really know two men who arn't my family that I see more than once every couple of months. One being the husband of my girlfriend's mother, the other being the boyfriend of my girlfriend's sister. Both are cool dudes, but I'd struggle to be friends. I think I may have mild androphobia, even!

As for attractiveness, I don't really want to say I consider it. That said, I do not think attractiveness is something you're born with, for either gender. Good looking people have to work really fucking hard at looking like they do in most cases, and I approve of people who work really hard at something, no matter what it is. Maybe you think it's vain to work on your own appearance like that but better than than what most people do which is working hard on nothing, which just breeds low self esteem and a boring personality. Taking pride in your appearance (so long as it doesn't control your life) I think is a good thing so I probably lean towards people like that?
    Last edited by mmoca33b2a723c; 2013-02-13 at 01:04 AM.

I mostly hang out with males but have better conversations with females.

I don't realy 'prefer' to be with one gender above the other. It's mostly about the personallity. And honestly, if there is a male which would fit me so well.. I probably would turn homosexuel because of him eventhough my main intereset lies with females.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 02:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I'm confused. Is the question are we attracted to people of the same sex, or good-looking people?
    If you're a male, would you rather hang out with an attractive looking male or an ugly male?
    That's how I took the question.