Release date and prologue video for the House of Wolves expansion is out. May 19th, and apparently there will not be a new raid available at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    and apparently there will not be a new raid available at launch.
    I think it's a good thing, but that depends on what they plan on replacing it with. So far all they've really said was there will be "a new cooperative end game activity focused on variety, replayability, and skill", so we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I think it's a good thing, but that depends on what they plan on replacing it with. So far all they've really said was there will be "a new cooperative end game activity focused on variety, replayability, and skill", so we'll just have to wait and see I guess.
    Cooperative multiplayer, so some kind of objective-based PvP thing I'm guessing. I don't think that's going to keep people happy long with the way people are always bitching about this or that being imbalanced and unfair in multiplayer.

Cooperative multiplayer, so some kind of objective-based PvP thing I'm guessing. I don't think that's going to keep people happy long with the way people are always bitching about this or that being imbalanced and unfair in multiplayer.
    I got the impression it would be pve, I hope so at least...

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I got the impression it would be pve, I hope so at least...
    I see a lot of people on the forums assuming it'll be like Reach's Firefight purely because the reports say "cooperative." I loved the shit out of Firefight, but the fact it also says "arena" and "multiplayer" makes me think objective-based PvP, possibly similar to Reach's Invasion.

Hopefully Bungie will clarify in the next few days, or with their weekend update at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how i feel about no raid at launch...but the multplayer thing might be interesting. Hope its a better version of Queens Wrath event.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

I see a lot of people on the forums assuming it'll be like Reach's Firefight purely because the reports say "cooperative." I loved the shit out of Firefight, but the fact it also says "arena" and "multiplayer" makes me think objective-based PvP, possibly similar to Reach's Invasion.

Hopefully Bungie will clarify in the next few days, or with their weekend update at least.
    Dude, all of Destiny is multiplayer. This isn't like CoD where multiplayer means PvP. Multiplayer in Destiny also means PvE. And considering that the Arena (arena meaning the setting of the content, not necessarily the fact that it's a PvP arena) is replacing the raid as the big PvE piece of content, they would be absolutely retarded to try and force PvP into it. Especially seeing how the vast majority of Destiny players only do PvE (forget where I read that, but I'm pretty sure Bungie themselves even stated this).

It's looking to be a 3-man fireteam activity that might possibly include other fireteams in the same area, working towards the same goals and objectives.

- - - Updated - - -

Release date and prologue video for the House of Wolves expansion is out. May 19th, and apparently there will not be a new raid available at launch.
    And it's not just "no raid at launch". It's looking like no raid period for HoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully, the Arena thing will actually be really good and fun. Otherwise you can bet your ass that a big chunk of the community will up and leave. Because it's like I've said before (and many others have said) HoW is the make it or break it point for a lot of people because most of them have already paid for it with the expansion pass. If it turns out to be a dud, or have good, but very little content that dries up in a few weeks, then a lot of people won't bother spending any more money on this game. And why would they if Bungie keeps failing to deliver on just about everything they've said since launch?
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2015-04-14 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Dude, all of Destiny is multiplayer. This isn't like CoD where multiplayer means PvP.
    Technically, yes, it is all multiplayer such everything can be done with multiple players. Historically, on the other hand, Bungie has always used the term "multiplayer" in a PvP-only sense; during the Reach days, campaign matchmaking was just campaign matchmaking, not campaign multiplayer, and Firefight was referred to as Firefight instead of co-op multiplayer. I don't recall them ever using multiplayer in regards to anything other than PvP.

Could it be meant in a PvE sense for once? Sure, and hopefully it is; while Bungie has always put a bigger emphasis on the competitive aspects of their games than anything else, that was because the bulk of the community preferred it. Destiny's playerbase is a lot more PvE-focused, though, as you said, and I hope Bungie is actually paying attention to that.

If it is PvE-based using an arena, I'm imagining it'll function like Warcraft's Black Morass or Violet Hold; waves and waves of trash to survive, followed by a boss with loot. I'm not sure that's going to keep people interested for too terribly long.

they would be absolutely retarded to try and force PvP into it.
    Agreed, but I think they've made a lot of questionable/poor decisions with how to handle Destiny so far, so I wouldn't put it past them to try it anyway.

And it's not just "no raid at launch". It's looking like no raid period for HoW.
    I read somewhere that there would be a raid, but it would be coming a bit later, sometime between HoW's launch and the launch of the Comet expansion. The latest things for I've seen for Comet suggest it'll drop somewhere in the September - November timeframe, so I'll hazard a guess the raid will probably drop in somewhere between late-June and mid-August.

Hopefully, the Arena thing will actually be really good and fun. Otherwise you can bet your ass that a big chunk of the community will up and leave. Because it's like I've said before (and many others have said) HoW is the make it or break it point for a lot of people because most of them have already paid for it with the expansion pass. If it turns out to be a dud, or have good, but very little content that dries up in a few weeks, then a lot of people won't bother spending any more money on this game. And why would they if Bungie keeps failing to deliver on just about everything they've said since launch?
    Yeah, I'm not spending any more money on Destiny unless HoW is absolutely amazing or Comet is really, really cheap; I bought the expansion pass and felt cheated when I saw just how little there was to DB, all of which really should have been included in the core game. I've always loved Bungie and I had a lot of faith in them when they finally passed control of Halo over to 343 and began working on Destiny full-time, but the game we got, the lack of content, and their recent decision-making has really killed a lot of the respect I had for them.

I'm happy there's no raid tbh. The encounters were just add fights with 1-2 "mechanics" spammed over and over. Can you imagine if one of the two raids was translated over to WoW? lol! I thought we'd have fights where you shoot at the joints of a giant robot or something, knocking off arms/legs as it gets weaker. While having to jump over lasers or avoid crap on the ground. But the fights aren't even remotely similar to that. Not to mention that most of the people in the raids are CoD heroes who think they're "hardcore" because they raid in Destiny.

I'm hoping that the alternative thing they're adding is much, much better.

I hope whatever they are adding to replace the raids content has Matchmaking.

Just came back today "updating now" I can't remember dose Nightfalls and Heroics have matchmaking now? Like I said I hope this arena pve thing has matchmaking but as it stands I may be happy I bought the DLC's separate "haven't got HoW yet"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just came back today "updating now" I can't remember dose Nightfalls and Heroics have matchmaking now?
    The weekly heroic does, Nightfall doesn't (yet).

The weekly heroic does, Nightfall doesn't (yet).
    k ty.

/10char
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

All I have to say is I wish I didn't buy the season pass for this game...I am regretting it more and more now that the handsome jack collection is out. Pretty bummed out about no raid for HoW...will still wait to see what this new end game thing they are going to add to the game, but personally they need to add enough worthwhile content in HoW to last until the big update hits later this year. Too many good games coming out this year to not release something worthwhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    All I have to say is I wish I didn't buy the season pass for this game...I am regretting it more and more now that the handsome jack collection is out. Pretty bummed out about no raid for HoW...will still wait to see what this new end game thing they are going to add to the game, but personally they need to add enough worthwhile content in HoW to last until the big update hits later this year. Too many good games coming out this year to not release something worthwhile.
    I wouldnt worry about the whole no raid thing, especially after the travesties that were VoG and CE. Rumor has it that the Raid designer took off HoW to concentrate on Comet, and to make sure everything is funcional when it comes out.

With Trialsof Osiris, Queens Wrath, Iron Banner, and Prison of Elders, I think we'll have quite a bit to do. I will kind of miss the 6 man content though. Plus they might even scale up Prison to 6 man if enough people want it.

I think Prison of Elders is bungies way of stepping away from raids or given a 2nd option for endgame loot. Strikes sucks for loot and right now only way to get top gear is raids. Bungie doesn't want to do Matchmaking for raids but I hope they do it for this. If Prison of Elders is as rewarding as raids and has matchmaking ill buy the DLC if not I won't be returning for it.

I really do hope this is a push to add matchmaking to endgame content but hey thats me. Only around 20% last reported players have cleared a raid if they do this then EVERYONE will be playing the endgame content.

Also give me matchmaking for nightfalls ffs.

Bungie just got done showing off some of the new stuff with House of Wolfs. They will be showing Prison of Elders and trails next week. With the new system you will be able to upgrade....EVERYTHING and ur stats will not reset this time. Thats a huge + in my book.

They made dam near all mats useful in some way and you will be able to swap out one mat for another when it comes to shards. The mat u need to upgrade gear can be got in Nightfalls/Prison of Elders and Pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Bungie just got done showing off some of the new stuff with House of Wolfs. They will be showing Prison of Elders and trails next week. With the new system you will be able to upgrade....EVERYTHING and ur stats will not reset this time. Thats a huge + in my book.

They made dam near all mats useful in some way and you will be able to swap out one mat for another when it comes to shards. The mat u need to upgrade gear can be got in Nightfalls/Prison of Elders and Pvp.

Why its almost as if... they've been listening! It's like when WoW was young. Seriously fucking JAZZED about being able to upgrade any legendary or exotic. I can cherry-pick my loadouts to the extreme.. or fuck, just go with nothing but VoG weapons and Crota armors. Heh. This shit is gonna be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Why its almost as if... they've been listening! It's like when WoW was young. Seriously fucking JAZZED about being able to upgrade any legendary or exotic. I can cherry-pick my loadouts to the extreme.. or fuck, just go with nothing but VoG weapons and Crota armors. Heh. This shit is gonna be awesome.
    Agreed. Now all they got to do is say Prison of Elders will have Matchmaking and so will the rest of the endgame and ill buy House of Wolves.

I am interested in it now and I don't want the mats to upgrade be spoon fed to be but I don't want it to take weeks into months to just upgrade 1 item. Can't wait to see what Prison of Elders is like when they reveal it.

I must admit, Bungie finally seems to be listening to the community. For months and months, they kept making changes no one asked for, while not making the changes people were asking for (and no, it wasn't one of those situations where the changes needed to be made, regardless of the community's approval). It seems they finally wised up and are making a lot changes for the better. I'm actually starting to feel optimistic about HoW now, especially if PoE turns out to be really good.

Still doesn't change the fact that this is the stuff we should have gotten at launch (aka, all the TDB and HoW content), but better late than never I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I must admit, Bungie finally seems to be listening to the community. For months and months, they kept making changes no one asked for, while not making the changes people were asking for (and no, it wasn't one of those situations where the changes needed to be made, regardless of the community's approval). It seems they finally wised up and are making many changes for the better. I'm actually starting to feel optimistic about HoW now, especially if PoE turns out to be really good.

Still doesn't change the fact that this is the stuff we should have gotten at launch, but better late than never I guess.
    I 100% agree. All they got to say is PoE will have matchmaking and when they reveal it it looks fun to play and ill buy HoW.

Some are mad about the lack of a raid but they said PoE will make up for it. Really wish Nightfalls would get matchmaking as well..... My only bitch about the game as you can clearly tell is the lack of matchmaking at endgame.